Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance Upgrade Award on EVA

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2020, 1:06 pm

Hi Dave!

Hi Dave!

So glad to hear from you! My trip went very well, it was definitely an experience of a life time for me and thanks to you!

That being said, now I would love for my husband to have the same experience so here I am, back doing research again :- )

I will be around this tread more often asking more questions I’m sure! The process of trying to score the seats is totally nerve wrecking for me.

Last edited by Namna_Banana; May 13, 2020 at 4:13 pm
Old May 13, 2020, 4:08 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by Namna_Banana
Hi Dave!

So glad to hear from you! My trip went very well, it was definitely an experience of a life time for me and thanks to you!

That being said, now I would love for my husband to have the same experience so here I am, back doing research again :- )

I will be around this tread more often since asking more questions I’m sure! The previews of trying to score the seats is totally nerve wrecking for me.
Definitely stick around, lots of very knowledgeable and helpful people here. I started off lurking here too!

It should be easier than it sounds, even given how chaotic things are these days.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 9:57 pm
BJE

Anyone has any idea about SAUA recently? I called EVA yesterday to change my ticket for July and they told me that the date I had booked didn't have any SAUA available, but that some other dates had availability. When she told me that there were around 7~8 in Business, so I thought maybe if I waited for the number to go down I might be successful. Today I checked and there were a few less and I thought it would work, but it still didn't. I'm curious as how many SAUA do they release for each flight? 1, 2 or 3? Thanks!
Old Jun 6, 2020, 2:36 pm

Miles requirement.

Hi!

I’ve been trying to find out about miles requirement to upgrade my flights but the only chart I found is from 2018.

Does anyone know if it’s still 30,000 for transpacific and 15,000 for transatlantic ?

SFO-BKK.

Thank you so much!

*I’m so sorry I think I found the answer but I’m not sure how to delete my post :-p

Last edited by Namna_Banana; Jun 6, 2020 at 2:43 pm
Old Jun 11, 2020, 9:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Has anyone successfully applied a SAUA recently? Or is BR locking down inventory and letting seats go out empty? I need to send my father in law back to Taipei next week and I am curious if it's still an option especially with limited flights now.
BlackHappy likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 10:31 pm

Asiana Diamond Club

I like to upgrade Paris to Taipei.
Premium-Eco to Business Class

Which Premium-Eco do I originally have to book ? Would the basic Tarif be enough ?

How many Asiana Miles would be necessary to redeem such an upgrade (one-way) ?
Rhe Asiana Webcam doesn’t show any SA upgrade awards from premium Eco to Business (just Eco>Bus and Bus>First) ...

thank you
Old Jun 19, 2020, 2:01 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by timpolti1

Which Premium-Eco do I originally have to book ? Would the basic Tarif be enough ?

Rhe Asiana Webcam doesn’t show any SA upgrade awards from premium Eco to Business (just Eco>Bus and Bus>First) ...

thank you
Y/B fare (economy) is sufficient for SAUA on BR.

Some FFPs make certain additional fare buckets on certain carriers available for SAUA - and these additional fare buckets may include PE buckets - but the mileage required is typically the same.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 1:09 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Marriott Ambassador

thank you
EVA also opens up Premium Eco "K" fares to SA upgrades. Not a great deal usually since Y/B economy qualify with the same mileage usually. However, if you want to guarantee yourself a Premium Eco seat in the case that there is no Royal Laurel availability, that might be a decent way to go.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA, AS

thank you
According to this table Asiana only allows upgrades from economy Y or B classes to business. No entry for upgrades from PE to Biz although you might call and ask since United does allow SAUA on BR from PE K class so perhaps it's just an omission on the Asiana website?:
https://flyasiana.com/C/US/EN/conten...e-seat-upgrade

If I am reading it correctly it would be 38,000 miles to upgrade economy Y/B to business for your route but as mentioned I do not see that Asian supports PE to business.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA GS slavery, *A Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Trying to get from SFO to TPE.
Found K class on EVA website and through Chase Ultimate rewards.
Was wondering how many miles each way to upgrade using United MP?
Seems like I need to call Eva to make sure they have SAUA before attempting to book?
Old Aug 1, 2020, 3:24 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by twkidM3
Seems like I need to call Eva to make sure they have SAUA before attempting to book?
You aren’t going to get any SAUA right now. IML members can’t even get regular upgrades; they are stuck on the waitlist. Based on their current GDS filings, SAUA and regular upgrades are basically zero’ed out till the end of the year. They are simply processing IML waitlists as the departure date approaches, assuming they want to give an upgrade.

BR has zero desire to offer SAUA, as they are currently selling mainly full fares at egregious upcharges because they know most people that are traveling with them during COVID desperately need to.
twkidM3 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 10:12 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by twkidM3
There will be no SAUA at least through the end of 2020, and possibly into 2021 depending on the market at that time.
twkidM3 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 2:56 am

Programs: UA, AS
I do see a few days with "I" class business awards available in the next couple of months. We all know I class does not equate exactly to SAUA availability but I would suspect it is not beyond the realm of possibility that if there are s few days with "I" class that there may be a few, not necessarily congruent, days with SAUA availability and if I needed to to travel it would certainly be worth it to check.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by skimthetrees
I do see a few days with "I" class business awards available in the next couple of months. We all know I class does not equate exactly to SAUA availability but I would suspect it is not beyond the realm of possibility that if there are s few days with "I" class that there may be a few, not necessarily congruent, days with SAUA availability and if I needed to to travel it would certainly be worth it to check.
While it's entirely possible, in my conversations with my EVA corporate contacts, there will be no SAUA availability and their own members go on the waitlist for airport clearance. If you decide to take a chance, make sure you refund the ticket if the upgrade does not clear when you run your host airline's upgrade tool.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 7:33 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Any update on SA upgrade, also, if the upgrade clear, does the mileage for the original booking class posted correctly? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.