Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance Upgrade Award on EVA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2021, 11:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by pbd456
Any update on SA upgrade, also, if the upgrade clear, does the mileage for the original booking class posted correctly? Thanks.
while the original fare basis will post to your home airlines account, from my understanding through my EVA contacts, *A upgrades are unavailable indefinitely.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 8:56 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by bocastephen
while the original fare basis will post to your home airlines account, from my understanding through my EVA contacts, *A upgrades are unavailable indefinitely.
Thank you. I wonder how full are the flights these days?
Old Mar 4, 2021, 9:09 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by pbd456
Thank you. I wonder how full are the flights these days?
Not full at all - but they are charging full fare for upgrades which must be bought at the airport. Only EVA members can standby for free upgrades using their miles.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 4:08 pm

Update

Hi everyone I’m back with more questions :-p

I’ve been calling EVA checking for Z bucket availability in February(outbound) and March(inbound) SFO-BKK.

Although, they’re able to tell me that there is availability for outbound flight but they can’t see anything for the March retuning flight and can’t tell me how many seats available.

Do you guys know how early do they release the seat and should I go ahead and at least snatch the outbound seats and keep trying for inbound?

Thanks!
Old Oct 21, 2021, 5:42 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by Namna_Banana
Hi everyone I’m back with more questions :-p

I’ve been calling EVA checking for Z bucket availability in February(outbound) and March(inbound) SFO-BKK.

Although, they’re able to tell me that there is availability for outbound flight but they can’t see anything for the March retuning flight and can’t tell me how many seats available.

Do you guys know how early do they release the seat and should I go ahead and at least snatch the outbound seats and keep trying for inbound?

Thanks!
Given all the uncertainty due to the pandemic, previous experiences probably won't be very helpful until things return to some approximation of normal. Depending on your cancellation policy, I'd definitely snatch the seats now and see how things unfold.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 6:04 pm

Hi Dave! Thank you Dave!
Old Oct 21, 2021, 6:07 pm

I can cancel the ticket within 24 hours. Im not sure if I should wait until the 1st to see they they will release information for the month of March but also don’t want to miss out on the outbound seats. Wish I can afford to just buy it out right so I don’t have to go through this headache every time I plan a trip lol

also I kept getting this when trying to enter the upgrade page on United.

Last edited by Namna_Banana; Oct 21, 2021 at 6:24 pm
Old Feb 13, 2022, 1:29 pm

deleted

Last edited by sof_lance; Feb 14, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Old May 8, 2022, 12:41 am

Hi! I don't know if I'm reviving a dead thread but was wondering if anyone knows if SA upgrade availability are back at this time. Plan on booking a SFO-TPE-CEB flight for December and was wondering if I can do upgrade via United miles after reading through this thread. I understand a while back because of the pandemic upgrade availability have been zero. Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:43 am

Can't speak for SA upgrade availability, but I have recently been successful with both an IML upgrade (EVA miles) and an SA award ticket (ANA miles) for TPE/LAX in December and January.

On this note, are there any particularly good values to be gained from SA upgrades now? For North America flights, EVA's IML program allows upgrading from class L/T (Premium Economy Standard) for 35k. I believe L/T tickets are actually sometimes cheaper than B/Y -- or at least they used to be. Meanwhile, I assume United still requires 30k miles for the same upgrade (and requires booking B/Y or the more expensive K). Understand that Aeroplan used to only require 25k miles, but it seems they have discontinued SA upgrades indefinitely. All that considered, I'd probably just stick with upgrades through EVA's own program.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 6:11 am

While it's entirely possible, in my conversations with my EVA corporate contacts, there will be no SAUA availability and their own members go on the waitlist for airport clearance. If you decide to take a chance, make sure you refund the ticket if the upgrade does not clear when you run your host airline's upgrade tool.
What programs or how do I upgrade my B economy class ticket to business on EVA flight from YYZ to ICN?
Old Aug 22, 2022, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Wonchie
What programs or how do I upgrade my B economy class ticket to business on EVA flight from YYZ to ICN?
Are you a *A frequent flyer member with sufficient miles to cover the upgrade fee?
Old Aug 22, 2022, 11:56 am

Are you a *A frequent flyer member with sufficient miles to cover the upgrade fee?
not with EVA. I have Aeropoints and I have 25K elite status with Air Canada. I am so confused because travel of prince team said that I can use my Aeropoints to upgrade and now I find out it's useless for EVA.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 4:15 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by Wonchie
not with EVA. I have Aeropoints and I have 25K elite status with Air Canada. I am so confused because travel of prince team said that I can use my Aeropoints to upgrade and now I find out it's useless for EVA.
The SAUA is not available using Aeroplan atm, but I believe it is available if you have United miles. The current plan is for SAUA to be re-implemented "next year", but given how the date keeps slipping, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 7:29 pm

Can I convert AP to UN miles so that I can use it to upgrade EVA tickets?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.