Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
BR7 TPE-LAX Aug 27, 2017

SKY GOURMET

PRELUDE Red Capsicum Jelly with Tomato and Asparagus Tartlet ; Goose Liver Mousse

Served with a glass of Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 2006 ^

Name:  IMG_6779.jpg
Views: 4350
Size:  141.2 KB

HORS D'OEUVRE Marinated Prawn, Cajun Spiced Scallop and Orange Duck Terrine

Name:  IMG_6797.jpg
Views: 5743
Size:  134.1 KB

SOUP White Asparagus Soup with Truffle Cream

Name:  IMG_6799.jpg
Views: 4165
Size:  90.2 KB

SALAD Garden Vegetable Salad

Name:  IMG_6805.jpg
Views: 4407
Size:  152.1 KB

MAIN COURSE Roasted Herb Peppered Lemon Chicken with Mediterranean Sauce ; Mixed Vegetables ; Sun Dried Tomato with Coriander Couscous

Name:  IMG_6806.jpg
Views: 5203
Size:  156.2 KB

(I did not partake in any sweets because I was too full at this point )

------------

LEISURE DELIGHTS

Beef Burger

Name:  IMG_6816.jpg
Views: 4530
Size:  124.5 KB

-----------

REFRESHER

ROYAL LAUREL SPECIAL Traditional Delicatessen ; Noodle Soup with Fried Chicken ; Fruit

Name:  IMG_6823.jpg
Views: 5605
Size:  145.7 KB
jazzhou likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Just some minor cost cutting I noticed for RL:

-All of Intra-asia(with the exception of Some Hello Kitty flights) is now serving the Intra-Asia drink list(Champagne de Castelnau). Previously, SIN, PEK, PVG, CGK, and BKK had an expanded drink list(La Grande Dame and some better wines)

-Certain types of bread are being used for both Breakfast and Lunch/Dinner(Cheese Bread, Some pumpkin seed bread etc)

-Outstation garlic bread is no longer using EVA recipe and just using the caterer's recipe.

-Recycling of identical menu items from last year.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Thanks gabdusch for those great pictures.

I though the burger is served on the LAX-TPE, but not TPE-LAX route.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 6:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by LAX/HKG

I've had the burger TPE-YYZ (multiple times ) and LAX-TPE.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:35 pm

Thanks!

The burger was the perfect mid-flight snack, perfectly cooked and tasty. Also, they brought it to me literally 5 minutes after I ordered it. I was impressed. ^
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
Just some minor cost cutting I noticed for RL:

-All of Intra-asia(with the exception of Some Hello Kitty flights) is now serving the Intra-Asia drink list(Champagne de Castelnau). Previously, SIN, PEK, PVG, CGK, and BKK had an expanded drink list(La Grande Dame and some better wines)

-Certain types of bread are being used for both Breakfast and Lunch/Dinner(Cheese Bread, Some pumpkin seed bread etc)

-Outstation garlic bread is no longer using EVA recipe and just using the caterer's recipe.

-Recycling of identical menu items from last year.
As of when?

I just flew BKK-TPE last week and Champagne was La Grande Dame, they had garlic bread and the only difference with longhaul RL was no soup/salad/amuse bouche but instead an appetizer followed by entree in casserole (not plated).
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by gabdusch
As of when?

I just flew BKK-TPE last week and Champagne was La Grande Dame, they had garlic bread and the only difference with longhaul RL was no soup/salad/amuse bouche but instead an appetizer followed by entree in casserole (not plated).
I noticed this when the new menu cycle came out in July. Confirmed with the onboard pursers on my flights in July.

EVA garlic bread the one in your photos but they seem to have returned to using the caterer's recipe(Not good at all) for some outstations. I flew SIN, KUL, CGK, DPS, NRT, HND, GMP, MNL, and BKK after the change. Only MNL, BKK(BR75/6), NRT, and HND had the EVA Garlic Bread.
Certain stations just load the catering for both routes so it will seem as if they have not changed(Shorter routes like HKG, Japan, Korea, China, MFM, Philippines, HAN, Phnom Penh)

Your BKK-TPE was probably a continuing flight from Europe, which is technically not an "Intra-Asia" in EVA's eyes. I am referring to the BR2xx flights from BKK. Or perhaps BKK was spared the cost cutting but SIN(Excluding Hello Kitty with that Krug Rose) and CGK lost La Grande Dame and returned to the Champagne de Champagne Castelnau...

I do have to say though, that fried chicken dish in your photos was the exact same dish(even the sides are the same) with last summers menu. The steak and chicken are also the same(including the sides). The soup is also the same(including the cream given) and the Hot D'oeuvere is the same one as Elite(except it is plated and has the whole foie gras terrier instead of half). Only difference with the whole meal would be the amuse bouche, dessert cake, ice cream flavor, and salad dressing. It is sad to see them just recycling menu items, are they too cheap to come up with new ones?

Last edited by hayzel7773; Sep 7, 2017 at 12:25 am
Old Sep 7, 2017, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
I noticed this when the new menu cycle came out in July. Confirmed with the onboard pursers on my flights in July.

EVA garlic bread the one in your photos but they seem to have returned to using the caterer's recipe(Not good at all) for some outstations. I flew SIN, KUL, CGK, DPS, NRT, HND, GMP, MNL, and BKK after the change. Only MNL, BKK(BR75/6), NRT, and HND had the EVA Garlic Bread.
Certain stations just load the catering for both routes so it will seem as if they have not changed(Shorter routes like HKG, Japan, Korea, China, MFM, Philippines, HAN, Phnom Penh)

Your BKK-TPE was probably a continuing flight from Europe, which is technically not an "Intra-Asia" in EVA's eyes. I am referring to the BR2xx flights from BKK. Or perhaps BKK was spared the cost cutting but SIN(Excluding Hello Kitty with that Krug Rose) and CGK lost La Grande Dame and returned to the Champagne de Champagne Castelnau...

I do have to say though, that fried chicken dish in your photos was the exact same dish(even the sides are the same) with last summers menu. The steak and chicken are also the same(including the sides). The soup is also the same(including the cream given) and the Hot D'oeuvere is the same one as Elite(except it is plated and has the whole foie gras terrier instead of half). Only difference with the whole meal would be the amuse bouche, dessert cake, ice cream flavor, and salad dressing. It is sad to see them just recycling menu items, are they too cheap to come up with new ones?
Interesting information, thanks for clarifying.

My BKK-TPE was indeed a continuation of LHR-BKK, BR68.

As for BR recycling menu items, I'm a casual BR flyer so did not notice it. You should go take a look over at the AC forum, where AC has been serving us the same breakfast for 6+ years and the same dessert for 2.5 years.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Thanks!

The burger was the perfect mid-flight snack, perfectly cooked and tasty. Also, they brought it to me literally 5 minutes after I ordered it. I was impressed. ^
That's good to know. I flew TPE-LAX in J a couple years ago and requested a burger mid-flight. I was told it was only available on LAX-TPE.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 6:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
That's good to know. I flew TPE-LAX in J a couple years ago and requested a burger mid-flight. I was told it was only available on LAX-TPE.
gabdusch is absolutely right...perfect snack

Here's mine from one of my TPE-YYZ flights.

Burger was great. The crispy potato wedges were outstanding.

Attached Images  
Old Sep 10, 2017, 9:00 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Any chance of this burger being on BR9 YVR-TPE?

Just curious what mid-flight snacks are available on this flight, if any.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Here's the menu for BR88 CDG-TPE for late September, which is actually pretty disappointing (no lobster or duck or prawn or steak...) and very "French":

Main

Steamed Chicken with Wolfberry Served with Steamed Rice

Pan Fried Salmon in Vegetable Juice Sauce Served with Squid Ink Risotto

Beef Charolais in Morel Mushroom Sauce Served with Dauphinois

*Sauteed Lamb with Rosemary Sauce Served with Potatoes

*Steamed Codfish with Salted Vegetables Served with Steamed Rice

*Grilled Seabass with Senteur Provence Sauce Served with Dill Basmati Rice

*Morel Mushroom Chicken Served with Anna Potatoes

Breakfast

Chinese Plain Congee

Frittata Served with Pan fried Chipolata Sausage

Double Caramelized Peer Pancake

Any recommendations?

Last edited by worldclubber; Sep 12, 2017 at 1:35 am
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:52 pm

AC has been serving us the same breakfast for 6+ years and the same dessert for 2.5 years.
You know how stingy us Asians can be. They will keep serving the same breakfast until you eat it.

I’m taking my first RL flights. Any recommendations on which meal to pick?

Breakfast (TPE-BKK):

• Taiwanese Plain Porridge Served with Traditional Delicatessens, Silky Bean Curd with Chopped Carrot and Salted Egg Yolk Sauce, Eggplant with Yu-Shiang Sauce

• Pork Lasagna with Tomato Concasse

• * Din-Tai-Fung Stewed Beef Shank with Noodle Soup Served with Traditional Delicatessens

Dinner (TPE-ORD):

• Braised Abalone and Scallop with Ginger and Scallion in Oyster Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice

• Roasted Herb Peppered Lemon Chicken with Mediterranean Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Sun Dried Tomato with Coriander Couscous

• Grilled USDA Prime Beef Fillet with Crystal Salt or Red Wine Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Gratinated Red Skin Potatoes with Bacon

• Exclusive Grilled Prime Beef Fillet Steak with Herb Maderia Sauce Served with Mixed Vegatables and Duchesse Potatos

• Exclusive Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes

• Exclusive Pan Fried Duck Breast Served with Grand Marnier Sauce with Orange Zest and Mixed Vegetables,Gratinated Red Skin Potatos

• * Exclusive Wok Fried Grouper Fish Fillet with Superior Crab Roe Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Noodles

• Exclusive Roasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatos

• Exclusive Braised Pork Tendon and Bailing King Oyster Mushroom in Superior Soy Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monacolink Rice

• Exclusive Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley

• Exclusive Sauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables

• Exclusive Healthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries

Refreshing Meal:

• * Taiwanese Plain Porridge Served with Traditional Delicatessens, Scrambled Egg with Crab Meat and Soybean and Stir Fried Asparagus with Wolfberry and Lily Bulb

• Noodle Soup with Fried Chicken Served with Traditional Delicatessens

• Gratinated Creamy Seafood Crepe with Pesto Dressing and Garden Green Salad

I lean towards the Asian meals (I figure if they are an Asian airline, ...) marked with an *, but I could be easily persuaded to pick a must-try-this-one.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by richmke
You know how stingy us Asians can be. They will keep serving the same breakfast until you eat it.

I’m taking my first RL flights. Any recommendations on which meal to pick?

Breakfast (TPE-BKK):

• Taiwanese Plain Porridge Served with Traditional Delicatessens, Silky Bean Curd with Chopped Carrot and Salted Egg Yolk Sauce, Eggplant with Yu-Shiang Sauce

• Pork Lasagna with Tomato Concasse

• * Din-Tai-Fung Stewed Beef Shank with Noodle Soup Served with Traditional Delicatessens

Dinner (TPE-ORD):

• Braised Abalone and Scallop with Ginger and Scallion in Oyster Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice

• Roasted Herb Peppered Lemon Chicken with Mediterranean Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Sun Dried Tomato with Coriander Couscous

• Grilled USDA Prime Beef Fillet with Crystal Salt or Red Wine Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Gratinated Red Skin Potatoes with Bacon

• Exclusive Grilled Prime Beef Fillet Steak with Herb Maderia Sauce Served with Mixed Vegatables and Duchesse Potatos

• Exclusive Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes

• Exclusive Pan Fried Duck Breast Served with Grand Marnier Sauce with Orange Zest and Mixed Vegetables,Gratinated Red Skin Potatos

• * Exclusive Wok Fried Grouper Fish Fillet with Superior Crab Roe Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Noodles

• Exclusive Roasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatos

• Exclusive Braised Pork Tendon and Bailing King Oyster Mushroom in Superior Soy Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monacolink Rice

• Exclusive Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley

• Exclusive Sauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables

• Exclusive Healthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries

Refreshing Meal:

• * Taiwanese Plain Porridge Served with Traditional Delicatessens, Scrambled Egg with Crab Meat and Soybean and Stir Fried Asparagus with Wolfberry and Lily Bulb

• Noodle Soup with Fried Chicken Served with Traditional Delicatessens

• Gratinated Creamy Seafood Crepe with Pesto Dressing and Garden Green Salad

I lean towards the Asian meals (I figure if they are an Asian airline, ...) marked with an *, but I could be easily persuaded to pick a must-try-this-one.
The Pork Lasagna with Tomato Concasse was absolutely disgusting on my recent TPE-SIN flight. I don't know why they call it lasagna, since it is just a pile of pork and vegetables with a piece of congealed cheese on top and served with tomato concasse(more like ketchup concasse) and some vegetables.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
First flight on EVA! Anu suggestions on a must try meal from the list below?

Dinner

Wok Fried Chicken with Kung Pao Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice

Grilled USDA Prime Beef Fillet with Crystal Salt or Creamy Caper and Grainy Mustard Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Duchesse Potatoes with Beetroot and Turmeric

Pan Fried Chilean Sea Bass Fillet and Shrimp with Chive Cream Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes with Truffle Mushroom

Grilled Prime Beef Fillet Steak with Herb Maderia Sauce Served with Mixed Vegatables and Duchesse Potatos

Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes

Pan Fried Duck Breast Served with Grand Marnier Sauce with Orange Zest and Mixed Vegetables,Gratinated Red Skin Potatos

Sauteed Seafood with Cardinal Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Creamy Linguine Noodles

Wok Fried Grouper Fish Fillet with Superior Crab Roe Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Noodles

Roasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatos

Braised Pork Tendon and Bailing King Oyster Mushroom in Superior Soy Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monacolink Rice

Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley

Sauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables

Healthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries

Refreshing Meal

Noodle Soup with Pork Spareribs, Lotus Seed and Wolfberry with Traditional Delicatessens

Taiwanese Plain Porridge Served with Traditional Delicatessens, Braised Tofu with Shiitake Mushroom and Scrambled Egg with Shrimp and Asparagus

Mussel and Squid with Pumpkin Ricotta Cheese Ravioli with Kalamata Olive Tomato Concasse

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.