Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2016, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MatthewLAX
Original discussion: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1624033-f-lounge-auh3-open-still-waiting-2016-a.html

Review with 100+ photos - link (blog)
Print Wikipost

F lounge in AUH opened 30MAY2016

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2016, 12:02 am

Thank you Hoias and knuffin for the images. This is A LOT OF LIQUOR lol.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 7:35 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by mike84k
There has been a decline in services and yes the staff do tend to gather together to talk. One of the issues of having so much staff to passenger ratio i guess.
The cigar lounge now only offers 3 cigars for free and others are for sale
Thank you. I suppose I will have a discreet conversation with the manaer on duty.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 1:35 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by HMPS
Thank you. I suppose I will have a discreet conversation with the manaer on duty.
I am flying again on 21 October and will do likewise.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 6:40 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Sounds to me like they wanted everything to be 100% at the start so that the reviews would be terrific...then immediately start cutting back. Disappointing.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
When the new F lounge first opened they were rotating cabin crew through as some of the service staff, perhaps that has ended?
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by VH-RMD
When the new F lounge first opened they were rotating cabin crew through as some of the service staff, perhaps that has ended?
Yes, you are right. Good point. I was last in there 30 September and there were no cabin crew as service staff which is a great shame as that will explain why service was almost non existent. Additionally, Lou and Ivan (the two highly professional Filipinos) were not on duty when I was there. Lou used to work in the old F lounge, and then the Premium Lounge, and always went that extra mile.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
The cigar lounge now only offers 3 cigars for free and others are for sale
That's disappointing as my last flight on EY was a month before they opened the new lounged and I'm flying from AUH to JFK in Jan 2017 and was looking forward to a nice scotch and cigar. I don't really mind paying but it does suck to take things away that were free previously, especially for paid First - I wish they would have done something like SQ did when the private room first opened and only allowed paid tickets but end of the day I'd rather have the option of buying a good cigar vs having a not so good one that is free.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 2:18 am

I experienced the exact opposite. When I first entered the lounge, I was taken care of immediately. Drinks were offered, menus and wine recommendations were given. I was in one of the private rooms, and when he saw me lying on the couch he offered me a blanket and a night cap.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by knutfin
I experienced the exact opposite. When I first entered the lounge, I was taken care of immediately. Drinks were offered, menus and wine recommendations were given. I was in one of the private rooms, and when he saw me lying on the couch he offered me a blanket and a night cap.
Are those the two rooms with sliding doors opposite the main dining/kitchen area? I noticed they were taken when I was there (last Sunday evening). Can you book them in advance?
Old Oct 11, 2016, 11:22 pm

Yes, that's them. First come first served. They positioned them in the wrong place in my opinion.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'm in one of those rooms right now prior to my flight to JFK. For me they are heaven as I'm always hot and they have their own temperature control. It is currently set at a comfortable 17 degrees!
Old Oct 13, 2016, 4:06 am

Noticed they had moved relaxation room on my last trip but didnt really have enough time to go look for it
Old Oct 13, 2016, 4:17 am

Noticed they had moved relaxation room on my last trip but didnt really have enough time to go look for it
At the beginning of the month it was closed / undergoing renovation as sliding doors were being put in. I was told it would reopen in around a week. I'll find out next weekend if it has reopened.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 7:38 am

Programs: UA
Apologies because I am sure this was answered but search did not come up with it. 1 passenger in F and 2 in J with no status. Can the F passenger take at least one guest along or no guests are allowed. Does it make a difference if one is a 11 year old child?
Old Oct 15, 2016, 12:31 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
F ticket doesn´t entitle you to bring a guest, only Platinum card does.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.