Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2016, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MatthewLAX
Original discussion: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1624033-f-lounge-auh3-open-still-waiting-2016-a.html

Review with 100+ photos - link (blog)
Print Wikipost

F lounge in AUH opened 30MAY2016

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by maxvor
Oh, so by partner airlines they mean only AirBerlin, Alitalia, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Etihad Regional, Jet Airways and NIKI, right?
Pretty sure they state that explicitly. They say EAP, Etihad Airline Partners, which is a specific group (as above)
Old Dec 24, 2016, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Pretty sure they state that explicitly. They say EAP, Etihad Airline Partners, which is a specific group (as above)
True, but if you don't know that EAP is a specific group, you are quite likely just to google "Etihad airline partners" and might very easily land on Etihad Guest airline partners page, which is broader than the consortium mentioned above.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 5:28 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
True, but if you don't know that EAP is a specific group, you are quite likely just to google "Etihad airline partners" and might very easily land on Etihad Guest airline partners page, which is broader than the consortium mentioned above.
True, but that will be made clear to you at the airport. How many AA ExPlat passengers are gonna end up on an EY flight in Y or J expecting use of the F lounge - my guess is not many......and for those few is the fact they can't use the F lounge really enough to drive them away from that EY flight? All seems a little crazy to me. EY is not the one who advertises F lounge for AA passengers, they advertise it for only their own small "mini alliance". One World is a different story. They allow F lounge use if your an EPLAT in ONE WORLD lounges only (Etihad is not one world)
Old Dec 27, 2016, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
True, but that will be made clear to you at the airport. How many AA ExPlat passengers are gonna end up on an EY flight in Y or J expecting use of the F lounge - my guess is not many......and for those few is the fact they can't use the F lounge really enough to drive them away from that EY flight? All seems a little crazy to me. EY is not the one who advertises F lounge for AA passengers, they advertise it for only their own small "mini alliance". One World is a different story. They allow F lounge use if your an EPLAT in ONE WORLD lounges only (Etihad is not one world)
Had a bad day, pal? Take it easy. I was just explaining where the confusion came from. I'm not a frequent EY flier and therefore not that current with all the terminology.
Being OW Emerald I know enough about lounge access in the alliance - you don't need to explain it to me. My question was specific to AA-EY partnership.
Access to lounges for partner's elites is not unheard of in the industry. A very recent example: EK lounge access for AS elites.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 12:37 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Oh, so by partner airlines they mean only AirBerlin, Alitalia, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Etihad Regional, Jet Airways and NIKI, right?
Virgin Australia as well.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 1:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by keitherson
Virgin Australia as well.
Technically (as I found out the hard way), Virgin Australia isn't an "Etihad Airways partner airline", whereas the others mentioned are. This is why VA's platinum member are mentioned separately on the website as being eligible to access the lounge.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 4:38 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Had a bad day, pal? .
Yes, sorry ......... I pretty much stick with EK but take the EY JFK flight a few times a year cuz the apartments are a nice change. But EY seems to confuse everyone, not just you. There is no rhyme or reason to how EY operates it's so called alliance or the partner recognition people RIGHTLY expect but don't get. It makes no sense IMO anyway. Out of all the airlines that are part of EYs little group, EY is the sole carrier to even have a first class so offering F lounge to AB or AZ passengers does not make a lot of sense to me, especially since from what I've heard EYs partners all but ignore EY plats
Old Dec 28, 2016, 5:27 am

At Etihad they don't believe in having or following rules. If you understand that, you will expect less and enjoy more.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 2:18 pm

Is a hair cut still offered at Shave in the F lounge or is it now only shaves? Thanks in advance the website is not very clear.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by DangerUXB
the website is not very clear.
Someone needs to add this line to the wiki. And the QR Al-safeways thread too.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by DangerUXB
Is a hair cut still offered at Shave in the F lounge or is it now only shaves? Thanks in advance the website is not very clear.
Shave OR "haircut" - not too sure if I want to trust the guy with the haircut though. It's a 20-minute "haircut" (more like you select the number on the shaver [0, 1, 2 etc.] and then he'll shave your sides with that number you selected). If you want to trim your top using scissors, it'll be about $20 USD.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by sushimaru
Boarding time starts very early for EY, about an hour from departure time. The lounge staff would inform you and make sure that you won't be late, so I'm afraid you'd have a very limited time to spend. Since many EY flights to India would leave from Terminal 1 and the F Lounge is located at Terminal 3, that'll add some additional walking time (but no worries, they are connected and only takes around 10 minutes).

Once your flight from LAX arrives, I suggest you to walk fast to the lounge to maximize your experience there.
Turns out that neither LAX-AUH-BOM (with the TATL slightly late) nor the DEL-AUH-LAX (on time) gave me anything more than a chance for a brisk walk to my next gate to get just 5 minutes at the proximate lounge to my gate (neither being the F lounch). The return especially was chaotic (DEL-AUH-transfer anywhere). Stairs full of people, halls full of people,I had a car transfer on the tarmac, and would have missed my flight if I hadn't just ducked under a cordon and get behind someone at a screening station (must have been well more than an hour wait).

So ironic to have the bottleneck at security be the bigger risk than to what they are trying to prevent.

Last edited by beachfan; Jan 10, 2017 at 7:38 am
Old Jan 10, 2017, 1:07 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by beachfan
Turns out that neither LAX-AUH-MUM (with the TATL slightly late) nor the DEL-AUH-LAX (on time) gave me anything more than a chance for a brisk walk to my next gate to get just 5 minutes at the proximate lounge to my gate (neither being the F lounch). The return especially was chaotic (DEL-AUH-transfer anywhere). Stairs full of people, halls full of people,I had a car transfer on the tarmac, and would have missed my flight if I hadn't just ducked under a cordon and get behind someone at a screening station (must have been well more than an hour wait).

So ironic to have the bottleneck at security be the bigger risk than to what they are trying to prevent.
BOM?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
BOM?
Yes, thanks.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 7:58 am

I will be traveling with 4 family members seated in F and I will be in business class. Do you guys think they will make an exception and let me in the F lounge with the rest of my family? I'm AA ExPLT if it matters at all. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.