Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2016, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MatthewLAX
Original discussion: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1624033-f-lounge-auh3-open-still-waiting-2016-a.html

Review with 100+ photos - link (blog)
Print Wikipost

F lounge in AUH opened 30MAY2016

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:48 am

sorry to keep asking; but i would like some clarification please:

if i'm flying in on etihad first class but departing 5 hours later on a royal jordanian business class flight (no first) do i get lounge access? i know i would if i was flying out on a 2 class etihad flight, but does the rule also apply to RJ? thanks. it is on one ticket btw
Old Mar 10, 2017, 1:28 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by sabdhabi
Further to my earlier post, I enquired today about the buffet. They are now telling me it will start 1 April. Unfortunately, nothing surprises me anymore.
April fools? Apr 1, 2018?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by omaralt

if i'm flying in on etihad first class but departing 5 hours later on a royal jordanian business class flight (no first) do i get lounge access? i know i would if i was flying out on a 2 class etihad flight, but does the rule also apply to RJ? thanks. it is on one ticket btw
i am not sure which lounge RJ uses but you will definitely not get i to the f lounge.

did you book both in the same ticket?
Old Mar 11, 2017, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by h1ghfly3r
i am not sure which lounge RJ uses but you will definitely not get i to the f lounge.

did you book both in the same ticket?
yes. One ticket. Why would I not get access? It's a one world airline. Two class plane. Arriving in first.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 4:32 am

yes. One ticket. Why would I not get access? It's a one world airline. Two class plane. Arriving in first.
Because EY is not oneworld, so the oneworld rules don't apply?
Old Mar 11, 2017, 5:06 am

I'm guessing you booked this using AA miles. EY has a standalone partnership with AA and that allows you to mix awards with oneworld partners like RJ, but EY is not a oneworld airline so the oneworld lounge rules don't apply.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I'm guessing you booked this using AA miles. EY has a standalone partnership with AA and that allows you to mix awards with oneworld partners like RJ, but EY is not a oneworld airline so the oneworld lounge rules don't apply.
ya. still on hold but about to book it. i can change to depart on an EY flight to AMM but it requires an extra 6 hours of wait; not worth it. so it looks like i have two options for lounge access:

the RJ one
the EY arrivals lounge. if i go here (seems nicer) how difficult is it to go back through security. i have a 5 hour layover currently. but I've never cleared security in AUH (only transit). i am flying RJ in business class so i'm assuming that helps for going through security quicker? thanks for any help
Old Mar 11, 2017, 7:07 am

ya. still on hold but about to book it. i can change to depart on an EY flight to AMM but it requires an extra 6 hours of wait; not worth it. so it looks like i have two options for lounge access:

the RJ one
the EY arrivals lounge. if i go here (seems nicer) how difficult is it to go back through security. i have a 5 hour layover currently. but I've never cleared security in AUH (only transit). i am flying RJ in business class so i'm assuming that helps for going through security quicker? thanks for any help
There isn't a dedicated RJ lounge, they use the Al Dhabi lounge which is used by many airlines. I haven't tried it but it seems fine.

The arrivals lounge is pretty small and not really designed for a long stay. However you might want to head to there for a shave treatment, which you're entitled to as an arriving F passenger. The showers are decent there too, don't know about Al Dhabi.

It isn't difficult to go back through security so with 5 hours you might as well try both.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
There isn't a dedicated RJ lounge, they use the Al Dhabi lounge which is used by many airlines. I haven't tried it but it seems fine.

The arrivals lounge is pretty small and not really designed for a long stay. However you might want to head to there for a shave treatment, which you're entitled to as an arriving F passenger. The showers are decent there too, don't know about Al Dhabi.

It isn't difficult to go back through security so with 5 hours you might as well try both.
honestly the only thing I was excited about was getting a good workout in. In the few times I've been in the lounge I've always been the only one in the gym! After being in an airplane for 14 hours I want nothing more than a good run. Anyway no big deal. I just usually fly Etihad all the way but the flights worked out better with RJ. Not worth waiting another 7 hrs to get a workout in, with RJ's timings I'll be at the hotel in Amman getting a workout in before my flight would have even left AUH. But who knows, maybe I'll try to get in... can't hurt to ask?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:28 pm

so it looks like there is no restrooms inside the F lounge...
3 years of renovation and no restrooms, really?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
so it looks like there is no restrooms inside the F lounge...
3 years of renovation and no restrooms, really?
There are restrooms down the long corridor, past the Six Senses Spa. Did you not bother to ask the staff where the rest rooms were???
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by im.daniel
There are restrooms down the long corridor, past the Six Senses Spa. Did you not bother to ask the staff where the rest rooms were???
Plus the shower/restrooms in the spa and the gym
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:21 am

And in opposite to the other lounges you never have to queue up there.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 4:29 am

sorry, confusion. I asked and they told me "outside"...
Still, this lounge is a joke, even with the restrooms LOL
Old Mar 18, 2017, 11:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
sorry, confusion. I asked and they told me "outside"...
Still, this lounge is a joke, even with the restrooms LOL
Which airline's lounge do you find so much better?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.