Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2016, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MatthewLAX
Original discussion: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1624033-f-lounge-auh3-open-still-waiting-2016-a.html

Review with 100+ photos - link (blog)
Print Wikipost

F lounge in AUH opened 30MAY2016

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
Sorry, I meant trying for the lounge on an 1:30 minute layover. Already booked on that itinerary, and then I later decided to overnight in AUH and fly the A380 the next day, but too late, sold out.
Boarding time starts very early for EY, about an hour from departure time. The lounge staff would inform you and make sure that you won't be late, so I'm afraid you'd have a very limited time to spend. Since many EY flights to India would leave from Terminal 1 and the F Lounge is located at Terminal 3, that'll add some additional walking time (but no worries, they are connected and only takes around 10 minutes).

Once your flight from LAX arrives, I suggest you to walk fast to the lounge to maximize your experience there.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 4:04 am

Fantastic Service with Quality Food & Drinks

However the entrance or access to this lounge is like the platform 9 3/4 to Howards....
Old Dec 18, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by sushimaru
Boarding time starts very early for EY, about an hour from departure time. The lounge staff would inform you and make sure that you won't be late, so I'm afraid you'd have a very limited time to spend. Since many EY flights to India would leave from Terminal 1 and the F Lounge is located at Terminal 3, that'll add some additional walking time (but no worries, they are connected and only takes around 10 minutes).

Once your flight from LAX arrives, I suggest you to walk fast to the lounge to maximize your experience there.
Thanks, this is helpful.

When do they close the gate? I won't cut it that close, but it's good to know.

Is there any additional security between the lounge and the gate?

And you are right, I depart terminal 1. Is there a lounge in terminal 1?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 1:18 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by beachfan
Thanks, this is helpful.

When do they close the gate? I won't cut it that close, but it's good to know.

Is there any additional security between the lounge and the gate?

And you are right, I depart terminal 1. Is there a lounge in terminal 1?
Yes but not F
Old Dec 19, 2016, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by sushimaru

FYI, there are Global Entry kiosks one can use if eligible (and flying to the US, obviously). But the agents in the lounge aren't familiar with this program. We had to fight to stay in the lounge before it got so awkward with them hounding us. At which point we made the walk and then spent 30 minutes standing in the post-clearance lounge (which does have booze). Somebody needs to instruct the lounge staff to ask people flying to the US if they are using GE.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 2:22 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Thanks, good to know.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 4:33 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
FYI, there are Global Entry kiosks one can use if eligible (and flying to the US, obviously). But the agents in the lounge aren't familiar with this program. We had to fight to stay in the lounge before it got so awkward with them hounding us. At which point we made the walk and then spent 30 minutes standing in the post-clearance lounge (which does have booze). Somebody needs to instruct the lounge staff to ask people flying to the US if they are using GE.
I've never had a problem with them rushing me out of the F lounge. Even on flights to the US they will come let me know to "keep my eye on the time". I usually push it & leave the lounge 45-60 min max before departure time. Have not missed a flight yet .......... I have GLOBAL ENTRY but doesn't matter cuz i always have goods to declare. 45-60 min is pefrect for me
Old Dec 23, 2016, 1:38 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
very short on croissants today. I arrived 1t 8.30am... had the last croissant

I did ask for another one.. to be told no more available

run out apparently... then watched the same bread tray being offered to the next few guests arriving
with each offering being less and less as items were taken
first time its happened but croissants running out at 8.30... come on... its a first class lounge.. to offer the same bread tray is pretty cheap
Old Dec 23, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
on a separate note.. no more Heineken or carlsberg on board. Two of the most popular beers.
even in economy since 1st december.. so no more asking the business class staff to fetch me a few cans

just Peroni or Becks in business... had one and that was it the whole flight

the purser did say alot of guests were complaining in economy also
Old Dec 23, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stanontour
very short on croissants today. I arrived 1t 8.30am... had the last croissant

I did ask for another one.. to be told no more available

run out apparently... then watched the same bread tray being offered to the next few guests arriving
with each offering being less and less as items were taken
first time its happened but croissants running out at 8.30... come on... its a first class lounge.. to offer the same bread tray is pretty cheap
Running out of bread? In the F lounge?

Looks like the wheels really are coming off the wagon at AUH...
Old Dec 24, 2016, 3:19 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by as219
Running out of bread? In the F lounge?

Looks like the wheels really are coming off the wagon at AUH...
With only a few 380's, seems EY is following in QR's foot steps & giving up first class to EK. Yes, EY has plenty of other aircraft with F as opposed to QR but when you see the service levels slip like this, it's a glimpse at the future for F. (same happened with QR till they just gave it up except on the 380's). Once that was done though the 380 F service & F lounges shot up quality wise. EK still offers a consistently good product & they have fresh croissants 24/7
Old Dec 24, 2016, 10:00 am

Hi guys, didn't find the answer using search.
Do you get access to F lounge being AA ExPlat?
Old Dec 24, 2016, 10:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by maxvor
Hi guys, didn't find the answer using search.
Do you get access to F lounge being AA ExPlat?
Unfortunately not.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by danger
Unfortunately not.
Oh, so by partner airlines they mean only AirBerlin, Alitalia, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Etihad Regional, Jet Airways and NIKI, right?
Old Dec 24, 2016, 10:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by maxvor
Oh, so by partner airlines they mean only AirBerlin, Alitalia, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Etihad Regional, Jet Airways and NIKI, right?
Yes, unfortunately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.