Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2016, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MatthewLAX
Original discussion: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1624033-f-lounge-auh3-open-still-waiting-2016-a.html

Review with 100+ photos - link (blog)
Print Wikipost

F lounge in AUH opened 30MAY2016

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2017, 8:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by HMPS
Lounges are for relaxation....if one dozes off while relaxing more power to them I don't even sleep on a 15 hour flight in F.
BTW Funny you should be happy that you do not have to come to USA for any reason. I happen to have a greater (?) dislike for UK , in particular LHR and BA !
I snore when I sleep, so that's not appropriate in a lounge, meanwhile those in a plane will have to put up with it because they've made flying J/F a flying bedroom.

BA is disgusting, meanwhile LHR T4, Etihad's terminal is very good. T3 (EK's terminal) leaves much to be desired. T5 is ok, but also over capacity.

Last edited by akalra1187; Apr 3, 2017 at 11:32 am
Old Apr 2, 2017, 11:58 pm

Hi All,

My EY itinerary is MEL-AUH Arr 0625 then AUH-LHR Dep 08:10 in J. 1 hr 45 min layover.
As I've never been through AUH before, I was wondering I could avail myself of your collective wisdom.

With under 2 hours transit time, do I have enough time to take a detour to F lounge and sit down for brekkie, or should I just prioritise having a shower?

If only enough time for shower, how long are the queues for F lounge showers? Or should I stick with the J lounge? Which lounge is closer to the EY A380 departure gates?

Any other tips for a short layover AUH?

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by akalra1187
How do I leave if I'm not transiting? I come to the lounge before my flight...
Jeez, it's hard work. Delay/cancel your entry if you're so offended by someone sleeping on a couch.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:42 pm
wdc

I'm having trouble booking JFK-AUH-NBO as a single award, so may have to book the two legs separately. JFK-AUH in F, and AUH-NBO in J (no F cabin). Does any one know if I would still be granted access to the F lounge with 2 separate tickets? The connection time will be around 12 hours.

Thanks
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: free agent
I'll have 2.5ish hour layover before F A380 ride to JFK this summer. Want to ask how soon I should leave lounge to head toward preclearance (I have global entry) due to the fact that I will need to check my laptop ?

I assume 65-75 mins before takeoff will be ok? Still provide 3 different choices for free cigars (still debating if I should eat before flight or stick to cigar session.. )
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by washeelers747
I'll have 2.5ish hour layover before F A380 ride to JFK this summer. Want to ask how soon I should leave lounge to head toward preclearance (I have global entry) due to the fact that I will need to check my laptop ?

I assume 65-75 mins before takeoff will be ok? Still provide 3 different choices for free cigars (still debating if I should eat before flight or stick to cigar session.. )
I am also curious on this one, we have a 3.5hour layover but no global entry so wondering how long US clearance takes and how much time to add if we want to gate check a laptop.
Old May 23, 2017, 12:41 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
I have a layover in AUH coming up, I'm flying J on Etihad metal and I'm Platinum on Jet Airways.

However I seem to have misplaced my Jet membership card. Any idea if my Jet Plat status will reflect on my boarding card or do they insist on the physical card being presented at the lounge?
Old May 23, 2017, 12:59 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Anish
I have a layover in AUH coming up, I'm flying J on Etihad metal and I'm Platinum on Jet Airways.

However I seem to have misplaced my Jet membership card. Any idea if my Jet Plat status will reflect on my boarding card or do they insist on the physical card being presented at the lounge?
It should reflect on your boarding pass near the top. Lounge agents don't need to see physical card in my experience.
Old May 24, 2017, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by im.daniel
It should reflect on your boarding pass near the top. Lounge agents don't need to see physical card in my experience.
If he give provided his number during reservation, or while check in at his departure airport...
Old May 24, 2017, 5:48 pm

Had a lovely experience last weekend at the lounge...

Lovely staff "Lindi"??? keeping my glass refilled, and scallops as the Dr. Prescribed.

also a nice shave and haircut with a great barber with another glass of bubbles!

If they could only keep things like this across the entire flying experience will be great.
Old May 26, 2017, 9:00 am

can anyone confirm they indeed no longer serve the paradis? what a shame if so.

what's the most expensive liquor on the menu for me to take advantage of then?
Old May 30, 2017, 9:52 pm

I have a 13h layover coming up at AUH, my inbound flight to AUH is J, and my outbound flight is F, will i be able to access the F lounge when I arrive AUH? I am planning to grab some bite in F lounge and go to sleep in the airport hotel and access the F lounge again before my outbound flight. Is this legitimate?
Old May 30, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by kit615
I have a 13h layover coming up at AUH, my inbound flight to AUH is J, and my outbound flight is F, will i be able to access the F lounge when I arrive AUH? I am planning to grab some bite in F lounge and go to sleep in the airport hotel and access the F lounge again before my outbound flight. Is this legitimate?
Should be fine
Old May 30, 2017, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP (probably nothing w/ AA next year :)), Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jayoxd
can anyone confirm they indeed no longer serve the paradis? what a shame if so.

what's the most expensive liquor on the menu for me to take advantage of then?
The liquor you most enjoy drinking....
Old May 31, 2017, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Should be fine
In that case, could anyone familiar with AUH verify that if the airport has shared departure and arrival area? Meaning I could just walk to the F lounge after my arrival without clearing immigration, and then clear immigration after I visited the lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.