FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - F lounge in AUH opened 30MAY2016
View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:18 pm
beachfan

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by sushimaru
Boarding time starts very early for EY, about an hour from departure time. The lounge staff would inform you and make sure that you won't be late, so I'm afraid you'd have a very limited time to spend. Since many EY flights to India would leave from Terminal 1 and the F Lounge is located at Terminal 3, that'll add some additional walking time (but no worries, they are connected and only takes around 10 minutes).

Once your flight from LAX arrives, I suggest you to walk fast to the lounge to maximize your experience there.
Turns out that neither LAX-AUH-BOM (with the TATL slightly late) nor the DEL-AUH-LAX (on time) gave me anything more than a chance for a brisk walk to my next gate to get just 5 minutes at the proximate lounge to my gate (neither being the F lounch). The return especially was chaotic (DEL-AUH-transfer anywhere). Stairs full of people, halls full of people,I had a car transfer on the tarmac, and would have missed my flight if I hadn't just ducked under a cordon and get behind someone at a screening station (must have been well more than an hour wait).

So ironic to have the bottleneck at security be the bigger risk than to what they are trying to prevent.

Last edited by beachfan; Jan 10, 2017 at 7:38 am