Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2016, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MatthewLAX
Original discussion: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1624033-f-lounge-auh3-open-still-waiting-2016-a.html

Review with 100+ photos - link (blog)
Print Wikipost

F lounge in AUH opened 30MAY2016

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Not intended to be a snarky comment, but if your flying from US-JNB, you would actually CANCEL the flight and?or whole trip just cuz you can't use the FC lounge

Sorry (this is not directed at you) but WHATS THE BIG DEAL!! It's just a place intended to make your wait more comfortable - while obviously some lounges are miles above others, I don't understand anyone choosing a flight based on what lounge you get.........IMHO, Schedule & airline are the only 2 things I take into account when booking a flight (in that order). I have to fly from Houston to Singapore next week. I stick w EK whenever possible but SQ has the only "direct flight". 22 hours in SQ F is about the most comfortable way to go (EK is longer cuz of the layover). However, in Houston SQ uses IMO the worst lounge anywhere (UNITED CLUB). While that sucks, I'm certainly not gonna cancel my flight or even go the longer way on EK just cuz of a lounge
Doesn't necessarily mean s/he won't travel, just not on that routing...

For leisure travel, lounges have often been the deciding factor for me when choosing between different itins. On our last trip NYC-SE Asia trip several years ago, I made herculean efforts to book the TATL legs in VS in J pretty much for the sole purpose of trying out the VSCH at JFK and LHR. Given that UA was ending their agreement with VS, this was my last realistic chance to get there on a redemption. I'm sure I'm not alone...
Old Jul 1, 2016, 1:44 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
However, in Houston SQ uses IMO the worst lounge anywhere (UNITED CLUB). While that sucks, I'm certainly not gonna cancel my flight or even go the longer way on EK just cuz of a lounge
The Executive Club EK uses is not so much better than UA Club. Most lounges at IAH are fairly mediocre...

PS. Sorry for OT'ing...
Old Jul 6, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: MP-AM, Etihad Guest Platinum
FC Lounge Access (F to J Transit): Success!

As i described earlier, I had a scheduled return trip LHR-AUH-MNL. Was on FC for LHR -AUH leg the had around a 2 hour layover in AUH before i had to connect to MNL on Business in a 2 class flight.
I simply walked up to the reception counter and shoed them my 2 boarding passes and said "Arriving F, Departing J on a 2 class". She scanned my 2 BP's and welcomed me warmly to the lounge.
Amazing service, great meal, good champagne and a decent shower to get me ready for my crappy 8 hour trip to MNL in C.
Didn't get a massage this time though...really just for outbound F passengers only...didnt push it.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 8:41 pm

just wondering/hopeful thinking if there is any type of laundry service. i would love to get a quick workout in during my 2.5 hr transit, but i dont want to have to carry nasty sweaty clothes in my carry on for the next 10 hrs! Any solutions? wash them in the sink but then they're soaking wet..

now that i think about it, what would be even smarter is to simply offer some shorts and shirts to work out in! then you simply throw them in the basket on your way out..

Last edited by omaralt; Jul 18, 2016 at 8:56 pm
Old Jul 18, 2016, 11:35 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, AS MVP 75K, Star Alliance Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, SPG GOLD, HH Gold
Originally Posted by omaralt
just wondering/hopeful thinking if there is any type of laundry service. i would love to get a quick workout in during my 2.5 hr transit, but i dont want to have to carry nasty sweaty clothes in my carry on for the next 10 hrs! Any solutions? wash them in the sink but then they're soaking wet..

now that i think about it, what would be even smarter is to simply offer some shorts and shirts to work out in! then you simply throw them in the basket on your way out..
+1 any info on this would be great, since I am debating the same issue!
Old Jul 19, 2016, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
There are all manner of wet bags on the market for keeping dampness and smells at bay; and even gym bags with separate "compartments" for wet and dry clothes.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
There are all manner of wet bags on the market for keeping dampness and smells at bay; and even gym bags with separate "compartments" for wet and dry clothes.
That's great and all but on my outgoing trip I will be spending two weeks in India with no access to laundry. So leaving clothes soaked in sweat for two weeks is not a good idea; might as well just throw them away. The wet bag is a good idea for the return trip though; even though the clothes will still be festering in their filth for about 24 hrs.. Etihad should know that this is an issue; would be great if they put a small washer and drier in the gym. You can wash and dry a small load in an hr or so; I would bet most who are working out have more than an hr post workout to wash clothes.

Anybody have a direct phone number to the lounge so I can speak to someone?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 6:15 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
That's great and all but on my outgoing trip I will be spending two weeks in India with no access to laundry. So leaving clothes soaked in sweat for two weeks is not a good idea; might as well just throw them away.
Or take five minutes to wash them by hand and hang them up to dry
Old Jul 19, 2016, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
Or take five minutes to wash them by hand and hang them up to dry
and hang them where? this is a first class lounge not a flea market! i have no problem washing them myself, it's just that without a dryer it can take a few hours to dry. no big deal, but i will inquire about it when i go next month. i'm sure they have a washer/dryer in the lounge for all the table clothes, towels, etc, i'll see if they can wash my clothes for me real quick. i wouldnt mind paying a small fee for it
Old Jul 19, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
and hang them where? this is a first class lounge not a flea market! i have no problem washing them myself, it's just that without a dryer it can take a few hours to dry. no big deal, but i will inquire about it when i go next month. i'm sure they have a washer/dryer in the lounge for all the table clothes, towels, etc, i'll see if they can wash my clothes for me real quick. i wouldnt mind paying a small fee for it
Wash and hang them in India. Flying first class and not staying in a place with a washing machine or in-house laundry?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 7:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Sorry for my unclear post. I meant wash and dry at your destination in India.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 7:42 am

we are on medical trip to the ladakh area. so we will have on full day in Delhi which will be spent mostly sightseeing and touring and then we will fly out the next morning to Leh, where the accommodations will be rustic at best. not sure if i trust doing my laundry there. either way it's not a big deal, and it seems like etihad is the first to offer the gym in a lounge. going forward, putting a small laundry/dryer in the gym or offering express laundry services will be a nice touch
Old Jul 19, 2016, 5:14 pm

According to this post (#126) shorts and shirts are indeed offered:

http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/sonst...ml#post2030493
Old Jul 19, 2016, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by wisenberger
According to this post (#126) shorts and shirts are indeed offered:

http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/sonst...ml#post2030493
wow, thats amazing! thanks for digging that up. i'm surprised i havent heard it elsewhere, but i guess the number of people who would work out in the gym when flying in first class are minuscule. i need to run 3-4 times a week to feel sane, so i was really dreading not being able to run for two weeks; at least now i know i can do it on the way there and back. thanks again

*edit* i would really appreciate it if anybody is passing through soon to ask
Old Jul 20, 2016, 1:13 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
we are on medical trip to the ladakh area. so we will have on full day in Delhi which will be spent mostly sightseeing and touring and then we will fly out the next morning to Leh, where the accommodations will be rustic at best. not sure if i trust doing my laundry there. either way it's not a big deal, and it seems like etihad is the first to offer the gym in a lounge. going forward, putting a small laundry/dryer in the gym or offering express laundry services will be a nice touch
Gym in lounge is not unheard of

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.