Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2016, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MatthewLAX
Original discussion: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1624033-f-lounge-auh3-open-still-waiting-2016-a.html

Review with 100+ photos - link (blog)
Print Wikipost

F lounge in AUH opened 30MAY2016

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
Smile

Looking forward to my upcoming visit to this lounge in September! I've been wondering "What Would Flyertalk Do?" for my AUH layover.

I'm flying MLE-AUH arriving at 23:10 and departing AUH at 09:30 in 777 first class back to USA.

Debating between booking the Premier Inn or just relaxing in the lounge/airport until our next flight. My college football team has a rivalry game at 03:30 AUH time that I'm looking forward to watching . This could also help me adjust back to USA time if I can get some sleep on the flight.

Is 9 hours at the F lounge overnight an okay idea?
Old Aug 4, 2016, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Nehawk
Looking forward to my upcoming visit to this lounge in September! I've been wondering "What Would Flyertalk Do?" for my AUH layover.

I'm flying MLE-AUH arriving at 23:10 and departing AUH at 09:30 in 777 first class back to USA.

Debating between booking the Premier Inn or just relaxing in the lounge/airport until our next flight. My college football team has a rivalry game at 03:30 AUH time that I'm looking forward to watching . This could also help me adjust back to USA time if I can get some sleep on the flight.

i havent been to this lounge yet (on 8/13) but i cant imagine any lounge is worth spending 9 hrs in. personally for anything more than 4 hrs i would get a hotel room and relax
Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:57 am

Programs: United 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador

I spent a 9 hour layover and a 10 hour layover in the F lounge 3 weeks ago. They gave me one of the 2 private rooms in the lounge. They brought a pair of pajamas and a pillow and I was able to sleep on the couch in the private room which was very comfortable.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 8:27 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by chgodrew
I spent a 9 hour layover and a 10 hour layover in the F lounge 3 weeks ago. They gave me one of the 2 private rooms in the lounge. They brought a pair of pajamas and a pillow and I was able to sleep on the couch in the private room which was very comfortable.
Big difference. IF a lounge has private rooms (LH, LX, AF, QR, etc) in their F lounge, these rooms are almost the same as a hotel room and perfectly acceptable and even built for passengers with very long layovers. But to spend any more then 4-5 hours TOPS in an f lounge without private rooms is IMO ridiculous - A lounge is not a HOTEL. You might as well post a sign on your back saying, "IM ON A FREE FIRST CLASS TICKET AND DONT WANT TO PAY A FEW BUCKS FOR A HOTEL
Old Aug 5, 2016, 1:39 am

No (although there are several here on FT that would disagree).

Several years ago I deliberately chose a long layover (around 7 hours I think) solely to experience the A380 for the first time (this was with EK). Never again.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Flying AUH-MEL in F later this month with my wife & 6 month old child. Would love to be able to get a private room in the F lounge in AUH as our flight is at 9PM and we'll likely arrive at AUH around 5PM due to hotel checkout times. Any suggestions on how to go about this or basically first come/first served?
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:54 pm

Wait, what's this "private room"? When I visited the lounge there was nothing like that, except for the exclusive lounge for The Residence.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by mikelat
Flying AUH-MEL in F later this month with my wife & 6 month old child. Would love to be able to get a private room in the F lounge in AUH as our flight is at 9PM and we'll likely arrive at AUH around 5PM due to hotel checkout times. Any suggestions on how to go about this or basically first come/first served?
There are no private rooms in the Etihad F lounge. EK used to have them in T1 before T3 was built but got rid of them as their feeling was simply if you have a long layover, PAY for a nice room 1 floor above the lounge in the airport hotel. QR has a few private rooms, and its first come, first serve.....They will also tell you if they are full to walk 50 meters to the airport hotel. But unfortunately not only does EY not have private rooms, but there is no airport hotel (At least no airside one) There is a separate hotel across the roadway bear parking but its not "in" the airport

Your hotel will probably give you either a 4pm or a 6pm check out if you explain you have a 9PM flight. If you have the car pick you up at 4-5PM, you'll get to the airport 3-4 hours before the flight which is fine. I have NEVER had a problem getting a 4PM check out (Jumeirah Etihad Towers even will give me an 8PM at no additional cost) But worse ones to worse the hotel can charge you 50% rate for a 6PM
Old Aug 6, 2016, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
There are no private rooms in the Etihad F lounge.
Given the timeline involved (early evening rather than overnight stay) I have a feeling that he was asking about the kind of private rooms (quiet rooms) referred to here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...-f-lounge.html
Your hotel will probably give you either a 4pm or a 6pm check out if you explain you have a 9PM flight. If you have the car pick you up at 4-5PM, you'll get to the airport 3-4 hours before the flight which is fine. I have NEVER had a problem getting a 4PM check out (Jumeirah Etihad Towers even will give me an 8PM at no additional cost) But worse ones to worse the hotel can charge you 50% rate for a 6PM
Without status, I wouldn't have thought that a late check-out was a given. But 5pm arrival for a 9pm flight is not unreasonably early - plenty of time to check out the reportedly excellent F&B.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 2:14 pm

Status isn't everything. Late check outs a routinely given to people on higher rates, have special occasions, a desk agent on a desk agent in good mood. I also mentioned if they say no, most hotels will still give you a 6pm check out for 50% of the rate you were on.

I have top status with both Starwood and Jumeirah, yet choose Mandarin Orientals or Four Seasons for stays in certain cities where these two hotels are much better then anything my Status chains have. I also routinely ask for 6 or even 8pm checkouts. I find that if I ask the DUTY MANAGER at night directly, 9 out of 10 times it is not problem at alls
Old Aug 6, 2016, 2:37 pm

I merely said "not a given". Presumably you agree.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
How can you say the statement is not correct?

I have absolutely no doubt that Mr O'Hare's opinion is indeed that it is the finest lounge and spa experience in the world.
AGREE.......Its like I have the cutest baby on the world
Old Aug 6, 2016, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by stargold
I merely said "not a given". Presumably you agree.
ABSOLUTLY.......The only thing thats a given is at this time of year, as the hotels are not that busy, you can pay for a late check out.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Good to know, that is where we are staying. I have no status with them but I will ask about late checkout (paid or otherwise) when we arrive.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 4:19 am

Programs: EY Platinum/M&M Gold
There are no private rooms in the Etihad F lounge.
Emm i think there is one actually. To the left hand side of the Residence room there is a room with sliding doors i saw a family go in their when we were sitting in the dining area on Thursday. And it wasn't the Residence area as there was a Butler standing beside that room

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.