FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - F lounge in AUH opened 30MAY2016
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2016, 5:21 am
chinatraderjmr

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by mikelat
Flying AUH-MEL in F later this month with my wife & 6 month old child. Would love to be able to get a private room in the F lounge in AUH as our flight is at 9PM and we'll likely arrive at AUH around 5PM due to hotel checkout times. Any suggestions on how to go about this or basically first come/first served?
There are no private rooms in the Etihad F lounge. EK used to have them in T1 before T3 was built but got rid of them as their feeling was simply if you have a long layover, PAY for a nice room 1 floor above the lounge in the airport hotel. QR has a few private rooms, and its first come, first serve.....They will also tell you if they are full to walk 50 meters to the airport hotel. But unfortunately not only does EY not have private rooms, but there is no airport hotel (At least no airside one) There is a separate hotel across the roadway bear parking but its not "in" the airport

Your hotel will probably give you either a 4pm or a 6pm check out if you explain you have a 9PM flight. If you have the car pick you up at 4-5PM, you'll get to the airport 3-4 hours before the flight which is fine. I have NEVER had a problem getting a 4PM check out (Jumeirah Etihad Towers even will give me an 8PM at no additional cost) But worse ones to worse the hotel can charge you 50% rate for a 6PM