Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2016, 8:05 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I've just come off EK29 and was in 4A.

It meant being the first off the plane, but I could hear noise from the galley (even with earplugs in), and I could feel the crew walking past the seat everytime they went to someone else in the cabin.

I wouldn't recommend it if there were other seats available.

M
Old Jan 3, 2017, 12:28 pm

EK A380 wing location

Apologies if this question has been answered in the past. If so, would someone point me to the best way to search?

I'm on EK231 LAX-DXB on 02April17, Business Class. Emirates website seat diagram shows wing/fuselage intersection ending at row 18 or so, while Seatguru shows it at row 12. I like to look at the earth. How can I determine which diagram is correct?

Merci beaucoups
Old Jan 30, 2017, 10:37 pm

Hi,

I booked DFW-DXB-MLE in EK F in roughly 3 weeks.

While selecting seats, I noticed the plane configuration for First Class is 2x2x2 for the DXB-MLE segment.

The plane is 777-300, but I cannot find any information on Emirate's about this plane or the hard product.

Can anyone provide any insight?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:50 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by coltonatx
Hi,

While selecting seats, I noticed the plane configuration for First Class is 2x2x2 for the DXB-MLE segment.

The plane is 777-300, but I cannot find any information on Emirate's about this plane or the hard product.

Old Skysurfer seats perhaps
Old Jan 31, 2017, 3:11 am

Really?

https://www.emirates.com/au/english/...JY&from=195344
Old Jan 31, 2017, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by eminere
Yes. Really. That is the seat map, which I also found but days absolutely anything about the hard product. It is clearly no the typical F suite because the configuration is 2x2x2. No pics of the seat of description.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Hi,

IIRC all 773 have the skycruiser F seats. Here is a couple of reviews of the same seat onboard an older 77W. Should be same hard product but the soft product has changed since. Also, the ICE system will also be the same older one as in the reviews.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16366582-post13.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-f-aa-f-y.html (second leg on this one)
Old Jan 31, 2017, 8:55 am

Unhappy

Originally Posted by kq747
IIRC all 773 have the skycruiser F seats. Here is a couple of reviews of the same seat onboard an older 77W. Should be same hard product but the soft product has changed since. Also, the ICE system will also be the same older one as in the reviews.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16366582-post13.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-f-aa-f-y.html (second leg on this one)
I sure made the wrong choice when selecting the flights. This times simply work better for my needs, but the aircraft is a big downgrade.

Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 8:58 am

I sure made the wrong choice when selecting the flights. This times simply work better for my needs, but the aircraft is a big downgrade.

Thanks for your help.
Was trying to find your particular flight three weeks from now. Seems only 3 of the appx 21 flights that week is being operated by a non-77W.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:13 am

Was on the EK site looking at the "what's on my flight" section. A few flights are showing as operated by a "777-300ER" and saw some as "77WN." Now I know SQ uses 77WN to designate their newest 77W's so I think this is what that is indicating as it shows up a lot on the DFW and IAH routes which have been somewhat regularly operated by the newest 77W with new J seats. But looking at today, this is does not appear true as the site shows "77WN" to DFW but A6-ECX operated the route. OTOH, the flight to IAH is a "777-300ER" but is being operated by A6-EPW. Maybe they just swapped today? Does anyone have any insight on this? Am I reading too much into this?
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:24 am

Was trying to find your particular flight three weeks from now. Seems only 3 of the appx 21 flights that week is being operated by a non-77W.
It is actually 4 weeks. Feb 28. EK658
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: EK Gold
Was on the EK site looking at the "what's on my flight" section. A few flights are showing as operated by a "777-300ER" and saw some as "77WN." Now I know SQ uses 77WN to designate their newest 77W's so I think this is what that is indicating as it shows up a lot on the DFW and IAH routes which have been somewhat regularly operated by the newest 77W with new J seats. But looking at today, this is does not appear true as the site shows "77WN" to DFW but A6-ECX operated the route. OTOH, the flight to IAH is a "777-300ER" but is being operated by A6-EPW. Maybe they just swapped today? Does anyone have any insight on this? Am I reading too much into this?
The latter, you are reading to much into it.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:35 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Best seats? No experience of either aircraft or Emirates so have nothing to base my decision on....

A380 - Business - is the mini cabin better? I can see Row 23 and 25 available in business as a couple. Flying to/from LHR - DXB - the return from Dubai leaves at 02:30 if that makes a difference to your reply.

777-300 - two class - Business - not a great deal of choice here so have 2A/B and 4A/B on the DXB to DPS route. Only alternatives are in the three seat middle section.

Thanks!
Old Aug 15, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Best seats? No experience of either aircraft or Emirates so have nothing to base my decision on....

A380 - Business - is the mini cabin better? I can see Row 23 and 25 available in business as a couple. Flying to/from LHR - DXB - the return from Dubai leaves at 02:30 if that makes a difference to your reply.

777-300 - two class - Business - not a great deal of choice here so have 2A/B and 4A/B on the DXB to DPS route. Only alternatives are in the three seat middle section.

Thanks!
On the 777 row 2 without a doubt.

On the 380 the mini cabin is good - row 23 is fine.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:50 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by m3red
On the 777 row 2 without a doubt.

On the 380 the mini cabin is good - row 23 is fine.
X2 on 2nd row I have had 1 outboard and it was fine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.