Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: EK Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, IHG Spire Elite Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by ft101
If you like a window seat, Row 24 (above the wing) is better as you don't have the escape slide bulge in the door which you do at Row 37.
the only downside to 24 is that it is right next to the lavatories and people waiting will always crowd in front of your seat
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
I don't value exit rows that much, due to the reduced width as well, I prefer rows 19-21 A or K
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I don't value exit rows that much, due to the reduced width as well, I prefer rows 19-21 A or K
No good to me. Copious amounts of beer mean I need to leave my seat regularly.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:49 am
pdh

Originally Posted by Ozziebob
the only downside to 24 is that it is right next to the lavatories and people waiting will always crowd in front of your seat
I find it much worse in row 37 as the light for the galley is on most of the time and the crew usually chat to each other when service is done.

Much prefer 24
Old Sep 1, 2017, 2:00 am

Programs: Emirates Gold + BA Silver
head up the back to the rows with only 2 seats, you get a bit more leg room due to positioning of the seat and the overall feel is bigger due to only being two seats.

47 to 49 (avoid 46 and 50)

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Em..._3class_V2.php
Old Sep 3, 2017, 5:26 am

A380 economy - row 80 b&c

We are flying MAN > DXB, DXB > HKG in economy next month 😲. Since it's such a long flight and upgrading is not an option my OH has pre booked these seats - at quite a cost I may add!!!!

Personally I am glad that we are now in a '2' rather than sat in a row of '3' or '4', but I am a bit concerned about the lack of storage (no seat pockets in front) or reduced width of seats.

Has anyone got any pictures or reviews of these seats? Have we made a good choice?

Thanks in advance x,
Old Sep 3, 2017, 6:00 am

There are pockets on the wall next to the vacant space.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Why not row 18?
Old Sep 4, 2017, 2:12 am

On the day, you might finds there is a seat at 80A. Newer planes have a different configuration but it seems they use the old one on seat maps, presumably as it's easier to add one if they use a newer frame than move someone out.

The wall pockets are fine for a book or something similar, but don't plan on getting a bottle of water, headphones, sweets and a book in there.

You can see the seats on Google Street View here:

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...ates_a380.aspx
Old Sep 4, 2017, 3:01 am

Having a seat at 80a would seriously make me unhappy as that is the only reason I was comfortable paying the money. I do think if that is the case they should have a disclaimer somewhere on the site. If I had not posted on here I would not have known about this 😡
Old Sep 4, 2017, 3:10 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by carolynn
Having a seat at 80a would seriously make me unhappy as that is the only reason I was comfortable paying the money. I do think if that is the case they should have a disclaimer somewhere on the site. If I had not posted on here I would not have known about this 😡
?
Didn't you chose these seats for legroom ?
If you don't want to be bothered by a neighbor, you can select one of the "duo" seats at the back.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by jms_uk
Why not row 18?
Good catch, I do actually also like row 18, depending on flight duration I prefer rows 18-21 A or K (usually K), on shorter flights (DXB > India) I sometimes will take C or H, but then prefer row 20 (21 gets a lot of traffic bumping into you from the lav as it hangs a bit into the aisle as the lav aisle is wider. Also I found on some 77Ws row 21 doesn't recline, which surprised me as I've always had a reclining 21 previously.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 3:30 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Good catch, I do actually also like row 18, depending on flight duration I prefer rows 18-21 A or K (usually K), on shorter flights (DXB > India) I sometimes will take C or H, but then prefer row 20 (21 gets a lot of traffic bumping into you from the lav as it hangs a bit into the aisle as the lav aisle is wider. Also I found on some 77Ws row 21 doesn't recline, which surprised me as I've always had a reclining 21 previously.
Good to hear, as I am booked in 18H [prefer aisle] on MLE-DXB.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by carolynn
Can you move to Row 67? No changes there I'm aware of.

Originally Posted by ioto1902
?
Didn't you chose these seats for legroom ?
If you don't want to be bothered by a neighbor, you can select one of the "duo" seats at the back.
No "duo" seats at the back of the A380, only the B777s. There are pairs upstairs on the two class version of the A380, but they all have 80A and 80K so not the OP's flights.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by jms_uk
Good to hear, as I am booked in 18H [prefer aisle] on MLE-DXB.
The only reason I prefer 20 for aisle is that I prefer being at the back of the cabin, as I feel in an aisle the 2-3 rows directly behind are basically watching everything you do. Probably just paranoid.

18H is nice, you get food and drinks nice and quick and off the plan like a flash.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.