Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2018, 1:37 pm

Thanks guys. I am travelling on my own with my daughter so will only have the one seat. Not relying on her fitting in the bassinet but hoping that having the extra room will be better for us. If she does fit in the bassinet it’s a bonus and maybe she could sit and play or lie her in after she falls asleep(that’s an IF she falls asleep). Flight isn’t too full at this point and flying this week so hoping someone else doesn’t need he bassinet more then us but understand if we are moved.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Kayla.js11
If she does fit in the bassinet it’s a bonus and maybe she could sit and play or lie her in after she falls asleep(that’s an IF she falls asleep). Flight isn’t too full at this point and flying this week so hoping someone else doesn’t need he bassinet more then us but understand if we are moved.
One thing to keep in mind is that depending on how tall he or she is, your baby may not be comfortable sleeping in the bassinet. Here is a video of an 8mo in a bassinet for your reference.

You may have better luck if you try and ask them for a seat with an empty seat(s) next to it - if the flight isn't full the checkin folks should be able to help you with this. You can pull up the armrests and your baby can lie flat on the seat . Do note however, that the seats next to the bulkhead/ bassinets do not have movable armrests so if you do get a bassinet seat and the seat next to you is empty, you will not be able to move the armrests to make a flat sleeping area.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 11:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Hilton Silver
Best seats In EK 77W J class?
Bulkhead window? or non Bulkhead window?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold
Any advice please for best Economy seat travelling alone on the 777ER300? Pretty much everything available currently but it's a 14hr flight and legroom could be an issue! Thank you
Old Mar 30, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: Southwest Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rosswill
Any advice please for best Economy seat travelling alone on the 777ER300? Pretty much everything available currently but it's a 14hr flight and legroom could be an issue! Thank you
I am doing the same from DFW to DXB in June and after some research I have chose seat 47K in the rear where it goes to two seats, picked window which I almost never do but since that flight is in the 14-15 hour range I figure it will be easier to rest my head in a window seat versus aisle. The bulkhead seats with legroom cost more and there appears to be an issue with people congregating so I chose not to go that route. In the past on a 777-200 from LHR - DFW I ignored the warning about middle bulkhead and the bassinet with infants seated there and paid dearly. Had an infant who was teething and cried for nearly the entire 10 hours. I am connecting to an A380 to KUL and did the upper deck forward twin also, it cost me $320 to chose those seats for the four legs and that comes out of pocket because my company won't reimburse that. Did you read the aircraft and seat reviews on SeatGuru?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 11:22 am

Yes read the reviews on Seatguru. Can't decide between exit row for leg room, 46, or 47 for quietness.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by rosswill
Yes read the reviews on Seatguru. Can't decide between exit row for leg room, 46, or 47 for quietness.
I am not a big guy, only about 178cm and and 80kg, so I am not as worried about leg room as what I read did not sound too bad. I am also cheap and did not want to pay the additional above what I was already paying for my seats to get legroom seats only to have to deal with noisy congregating folks. What a good strategy might be is to lock in 46/47 now and then if you decide to move up later you could, fully understanding the extra legroom spots might fill up. I am not flying till June but I check in to all four legs of the trip and see what is filling up around me and move around to keep some space. Hoping the flights will not fill up, very empty now, but they may.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 9:30 am

Going to give 47K a try. Flying next month so can report back before you travel.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by TXWayne
I am doing the same from DFW to DXB in June and after some research I have chose seat 47K in the rear where it goes to two seats, picked window which I almost never do but since that flight is in the 14-15 hour range I figure it will be easier to rest my head in a window seat versus aisle.
Having been in 47K before, I can tell you it's further from the window (as are most of the sets of 2 seats) and not so easy for head resting, I found this out the hard way after traveling for a long period with no sleep.
TXWayne likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Best seat I've found so far to lean against the wall is 19A/K
Old Mar 31, 2018, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by chris19992
Having been in 47K before, I can tell you it's further from the window (as are most of the sets of 2 seats) and not so easy for head resting, I found this out the hard way after traveling for a long period with no sleep.
Ok, that was enough to prompt me to move back to an aisle seat. That is what I prefer anyway so made the move.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:43 am

Emirates A380 Two Class.

Hello,

Would anybody with experience of emirates be able to help me please?

I have just (very difficulty i might add) through their telesales booked a flight with Emirates to fly to Dubai from LGW - UK.

I am a very anxious traveller and due to other conditions I don't need to go into I always need to book seats with extra legroom. But I also always need to be by a window because of my anxiety.

I have paid £75 (and wasted) each way to reserve my seat under guidance from emirates staff to get peace of mind, only to find that my seats don't have a window.

According to the seating plan on the Emirates the A380 is definitely A380 two class as it only shows business class and economy. Though from research I've done so far, they dont fly their two class out of Gatwick.

I have booked Seat 80A, but my investigations show this doesn't have a window. Even their own onboard video tour of this plane shows that it doesn't have a window. Emirates staff are adamant it does. But then they're also adamant that the wing joins the plan all the way back to the last row of seats the back of the plane. Sun unless they plane has miraculously had a wing akin to concord on it, i can't see how that can be right.

I cannot get any sense out of Emirates customer support.

Is anyone with any experience of the a380 two class on this route know for sure whether I will or won't have a window.

Unfortunately Seat Guru doesn't offer any clarity.

Thanks in Advance.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:47 am

Emirates 777-ER (Three Class).

Hello,

Would anybody with experience of emirates be able to help me please?

I have just (very difficulty i might add) through their telesales booked a flight with Emirates to fly to London Stansted from Dubai.

I am a very anxious traveller and due to other conditions I don't need to go into I always need to book seats with extra legroom. But I also always need to be by a window because of my anxiety.

I have paid £75 (and wasted) each way to reserve my seat under guidance from emirates staff to get peace of mind, only to find that my seats don't have a window.

According to the seating plan on the Emirates the 777-ER 3 class is definitely a three class as it shows first, business class and economy on their seat reservation plan. Though from research I've done so far.

I have booked Seat 37A, but my investigations show this doesn't have a window. Even their own onboard video tour of this plane shows that it doesn't have a window. Emirates staff are adamant it does. But then they're also adamant that the wing joins the plan all the way back to the last row of seats the back of the plane. Sun unless they plane has miraculously had a wing akin to concord on it, i can't see how that can be right.

I cannot get any sense out of Emirates customer support.

Is anyone with any experience of the Boeing 777-ER Three Class on this route know for sure whether I will or won't have a window.

Unfortunately Seat Guru doesn't offer any clarity.

Thanks in Advance.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:48 am

I can't provide insight for that row specifically, but keep in mind there are a few slight variations in the different versions of the A380, so the onboard tour might not be 100% accurate. That being said the EK staff may be confused as it is a window seat, as in an A or K seat, and they may not have insight into whether or not it is in fact a seat with an actual window.

AFAIK there is one flight from LGW which is in fact a 2-class aircraft. The A380 wing is enormous so a lot of seats have a blocked view because of it, best bet to get a view out the window is upper deck, not sure what extra legroom seats are available there, though I'd imagine the first row would be extra leg room, and probably also have a window. I've been in the 2nd row on the upper deck but in the center aisle and can't recall if the first row had a window.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:51 am

Hi again, please don't create duplicate threads, you could've asked this in your other thread. Additionally there are multiple other threads already you could've asked this in, notably the seating guide thread: The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Most extra legroom seats at exit rows are at an exit door, thus there isn't really a window but you could lean (very far) forward and look out the door's window.

The first row on the 77W in Y which is row 17 is also extra legroom and does have a window, why not try that?

I am asking a mod to merge the threads into one or into the seating guide thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.