Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:55 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by S.R
Whats the consensus on the best seat for a solo traveler in 777 new F? I've only flown the new F once before a couple of years ago FRA-DXB daytime flight. Had 1E originally for the novelty, but switched to 1K so a couple could sit together in 1A and 1E. Wasn't the biggest fan of 1K as I thought the gally was too close.

I do remember the center seats being more spacious, but I'm torn on which is better for JFK-DXB-JFK.
On the outbound only 1A, 1E, 2E, and 2K are left.
For the return I have my choice as the entire cabin is currently empty except me.

Thanks!
I have never flown new F, but in ‘regular F’ always try to get row 2 because of the galley location. 2E/F if mrs t is with me, otherwise 2K.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 5:48 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thijsseh
I have never flown new F, but in ‘regular F’ always try to get row 2 because of the galley location. 2E/F if mrs t is with me, otherwise 2K.
Yes agreed, on the regular 777 F my preferred seat is 2A.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 1:37 am

Since the door to 2F (the solo middle seat) is on the right side corridor, 2A is my preferred choice on the new F as well when travelling alone.

I haven't travelled on new F with anyone else yet, but if I was, then it would be 1A/1E or 2F/2K since your doors would at least align.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 6:52 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stargold
Since the door to 2F (the solo middle seat) is on the right side corridor, 2A is my preferred choice on the new F as well when travelling alone.

I haven't travelled on new F with anyone else yet, but if I was, then it would be 1A/1E or 2F/2K since your doors would at least align.
Yes I have 2A on the way back, but on the outbound it's already taken. I currently have 2K, but 1K is also available. I flew in 1K when I first flew the new F and I don't remember any issues, but I do generally prefer the second row. Only benefit of 1K here is that there is no one right next to me since the entrance to 1E is on the A side.
So if it were up to you, 2K or 1K?
Old Sep 18, 2020, 8:20 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by S.R
Yes I have 2A on the way back, but on the outbound it's already taken. I currently have 2K, but 1K is also available. I flew in 1K when I first flew the new F and I don't remember any issues, but I do generally prefer the second row. Only benefit of 1K here is that there is no one right next to me since the entrance to 1E is on the A side.
The well known (at least on FT) phrase ‘first world problem’ wells up in my head here.

(Not that I wouldn’t be fretting about the same issue myself )

S.R likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 9:16 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by thijsseh
The well known (at least on FT) phrase ‘first world problem’ wells up in my head here.

(Not that I wouldn’t be fretting about the same issue myself )

Haha FT is basically a running list of first world problems
Old Sep 21, 2020, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by S.R
Between 1K and 2K, I would prefer 2K because I would prioritise being further away from the galley over not having the door of 2F next to me. After all, the whole point of the fully enclosed suite is that you shouldn't be seeing too much of anyone else in any event!
thijsseh and cmd320 like this.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 12:34 am

Best Biz Class Seat in new Emirates 777?

First time flying with the new 777 and this is the current availability:

It's a 3 am flight overnight and I'm at 11K (window) right now with a stranger on the aisle seat next to me.
However the middle 3 are completely free (flight is in 12 hours) and there is also the 8K & J that are empty (which are bassinets: is there a downside to bassinets seats, if nobody books beside?)

Suggestions? And would the window seat in the new 777 easily be able to go over the aisle seat for toilet needs?

Thanks

Last edited by Saltire74; Sep 24, 2020 at 10:37 am Reason: Duplicate image in post.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 9:09 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

What are the big differences between the A380 and 777-300 Business Class seats?
Old Jan 9, 2022, 3:38 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by kumarshah
a380 - fully flat, direct aisle access, 'mini bar' and a quieter cabin (engine noise)
777 - angled seat, not all seats have direct aisle access, bottle of water, louder (engine noise)

If you read through all the posts some of us will say how rubbish the 777 J seat is and others will say it is not too bad. If you are flying solo and you take a window seat and the seat next to you is occupied the phrase 'climbing over someone' should not be underestimated. If you are capable of supporting your own body weight you can get yourself in to a dip position and jump over, or ask the person to wake up and put their seat back up.

Personally, I would actively avoid the 777 which unfortunately has been difficult to do over the last couple of years with covid. The differences are that much I think there should be dual Business class pricing across the 777 and a380 range.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 9:37 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by kumarshah
I think will08's summary above is pretty accurate. I personally don't mind the 77W as much as he does, but I respect his opinion and there is no doubt in my mind that the A380 offering is superior in almost any way.
The 77W J cabin feels significantly more 'intimate', especially if you are in the forward section which only has two rows. At times the A380 J cabin can feel a bit like a dormitory. And the seats are a little bit wider (at least it feels like that to me). On a 2 sector trip, I once had the last aisle seat at the back of the A380 and a window seat on the 77W (not even in the forward cabin) and I much favoured my 77W window seat. I don't need to get out of my seat a lot, so the 'climbing over the neighbour' issue (although certainly real) does not concern me that much (especially when said neighbour is mrs t which is often - but not always - the case).
Old Jan 9, 2022, 1:42 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Great, thanks for the replies.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 3:04 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BAEC, VAFC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
I'm flying overnight in Y on a 777-300 next month, with my 12 year old son.

I'm looking at the Twin seats at the back to give us a wall and an aisle so at least my son can get some sleep and we'll not be disturbing anyone if we toilet.

I'm aware that the back of the plane isn't really a "Flyer Talk" thing, but I've got a couple of questions.

Do the Twin seats line up sufficiently well with the seat in front?
Is there a big gap between the window seat and the wall (big enough to make it difficult to lean against the wall?
If I'm travelling with a 12 year old do I need to book and pay for both seats in order to be sat together, or can I book just the one?

I'm only worried about the outward, the return is during the day so is a lot less of an issue.

Of course, if I could guess in advance how likely the plane is to be full, I might not even bother...
Old Jan 21, 2022, 8:14 am
wsc

A380 LHR-DXB (3 class)
Me, partner and 1YO baby flying in J on the evening flight, so will probably be sleeping. Don't need bassinet (too small) but I can book a bassinet seat.
Do I go for 7E & 7F? (i.e. second row in J), or 9E/9F - basically a bit away from the toilets? and quicker to get out.
Or 23E/F or 25 E/F (but worry about bar noise - hopefully won't be too busy on an over night flight?)
Old Jan 27, 2022, 7:54 am
wsc

Originally Posted by wsc
A380 LHR-DXB (3 class)
Me, partner and 1YO baby flying in J on the evening flight, so will probably be sleeping. Don't need bassinet (too small) but I can book a bassinet seat.
Do I go for 7E & 7F? (i.e. second row in J), or 9E/9F - basically a bit away from the toilets? and quicker to get out.
Or 23E/F or 25 E/F (but worry about bar noise - hopefully won't be too busy on an over night flight?)
Small bump Looking for thoughts from others who have travelled with babies

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.