Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Booked this trip late so didn't have much choice of seats left at the time (EK018) and we were initially seated apart. 20E/F opened up so we booked those.
Now I understand that the seat at the back of mine (21D) and the opposite aisle behind me (21B) are bassinet seats which are taken so might have two babies directly behind me.
I just noticed that 23K is now open and was thinking of moving there, leaving DH in 20F which only has one bassinet seat behind him in the aisle opposite.
Or I could upgrade to first as available but DH doesn't have enough miles to do that.
Any advice please?
Thanks!

Last edited by daisymay2; Jan 25, 2018 at 2:47 pm
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:17 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by daisymay2
Booked this trip late so didn't have much choice of seats left at the time (EK018) and we were initially seated apart. 20E/F opened up so we booked those.
Now I understand that the seat at the back of mine (21D) and the opposite aisle behind me (21B) are bassinet seats which are taken so might have two babies directly behind me.
I just noticed that 23K is now open and was thinking of moving there, leaving DH in 20F which only has one bassinet seat behind him in the aisle opposite.
Or I could upgrade to first as available but DH doesn't have enough miles to do that.
Any advice please?
Thanks!
Send DH to F and take 23K or vice versa.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Smile

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Send DH to F and take 23K or vice versa.
Thanks I booked 23K last night
Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:25 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
So the only remaining question is 'who goes up front'?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:32 am

You could be out of the frying pan and into the fire. I'm sure 22D and G are bassinets as well, although I never let it put me off booking 23K.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:42 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by ft101
You could be out of the frying pan and into the fire. I'm sure 22D and G are bassinets as well, although I never let it put me off booking 23K.
How often do you find bassinets are actually used? Very very seldom in my experience. So it would not put me off if an otherwise good seat was close to a bassinet. (I must be fair and state that I have not met 'the baby from hell' on a plane yet. Older children misbehaving - which is a parenting problem - yes, but babies - who can't help crying when air pressure variations cause ear aches etc - fortunately not)
Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:52 am

Business class full now except for one bassinet seat at the front. The bassinet seats have been taken for a couple of weeks now so assuming there may be babies in them.
As far as I can see only 22D is a bassinet seat on EK seating plan on my MMB so fingers crossed.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
How often do you find bassinets are actually used? Very very seldom in my experience. So it would not put me off if an otherwise good seat was close to a bassinet.
Agreed, especially in Business Class. Even in Economy, on the A380 I always preselect 45D or G for the extra legroom to the side of the staircase, despite bassinets being right next door.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
Agreed, especially in Business Class. Even in Economy, on the A380 I always preselect 45D or G for the extra legroom to the side of the staircase, despite bassinets being right next door.
dont fly in F on ek17 on 16 Aug 😉
Old Jan 26, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by m3red

dont fly in F on ek17 on 16 Aug 😉
...no Dom left after TO but screaming kids on live IFE, even if ICE doesn't work
thijsseh likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:14 pm

No babies and I got two seats all for me! 20E and 23 K!
thijsseh likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:35 am

EMIRATES A380 bassinet seat - 45F or 52K??

Help please! I am flying for the first time with my 17month girl.
I am trying to figure out which bassinet seat is better.. 45F or 52K?? Flying from Australia to New Zealand so not too long.. but I am nervous and a little worried about keeping her still on the plane. I have heard mixed reviews about 52k... can anyone give me some advice please!!???
Old Feb 10, 2018, 8:12 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Kayla.js11, welcome to FlyerTalk. As your Q. will be best discussed in the FlyerTalk forum dedicated to Emirates, let me move it there for more discussion. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by Kayla.js11
Help please! I am flying for the first time with my 17month girl.
I am trying to figure out which bassinet seat is better.. 45F or 52K?? Flying from Australia to New Zealand so not too long.. but I am nervous and a little worried about keeping her still on the plane. I have heard mixed reviews about 52k... can anyone give me some advice please!!???
Hi Kayla - based on my experience with two children, I don't think your toddler - at 17 months - will want to stay, perhaps even not fit, in the bassinet, so I would recommend you focus on where you want to sit rather than where the bassinet is. If she's walking, it's even less likely you'll want to have her in the bassinet. Only situation it *might* work is if she's already sleeping and you lay her in the bassinet. Bulkhead rows (like where the bassinets are) can be useful as the toddler can play in front of you. However, because the armrests in that row do not fold up, you can't have the child lie across seats to sleep (assuming there's space or you're traveling with someone else).

Traveling with 12-18 month old can be challenging as they're mobile and active but don't really listen yet. Distractions such as a few new surprise new toys or books, some family photos on a phone or ipad, or walking around can help a lot to pass time.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Bassinets are typically used for children under 6 months old. Your 17mo will likely not fit into one nor want to. Here is some information that you may find useful.

https://www.emirates.com/in/english/help/faq/193417/are-there-special-services-if-i-m-travelling-with-young-children-or-infants
Our bassinets are approximately 75 x 33 x 22cmcentimeters (29.5 x 13 x 8.8 inches) in size and can hold babies weighing up to 11kgkilograms (24.2lbpounds). Whilst our bassinets are designed for babies up to two years old, we won’t be able to provide one if your baby doesn’t fit safely. Please note bassinets are limited in number and subject to availability.

https://www.emirates.com/in/english/...h-infants.aspx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.