Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Basically the older IFE versions have the boxes while the newest ones don't. I'm not sure at which version they disappear though I suspect it's the non-latest ICE Digital Widescreen (with the charcoal/black frame on the screen and controller with physical buttons vs the latest with the silver frame). The oldest IFE which is the non-digital widescreen in the smaller 4:3 aspect ratio definitely has the boxes. EK doesn't fly just one generation of aircraft to a certain city except for very specific circumstances (i.e. newest F to GVA), so it's pretty much impossible to predict. You can squeeze one leg down the side between the seat ahead and the wall of the cabin and the other to the left of the box. Ironically the middle seat is unobstructed.

If you look on FlightRadar for the last weeks' registrations and then go into the EK Fleet Guide here on FT (search google for "site:flyertalk.com A6-XXX" where XXX is the reg) it'll tell you the ICE version (and also if there's WiFi)

Has anyone flown the "new" 777 cabins ? Is this upgrade limited to the 777 or will EK covert the 380's as well?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:43 pm

I've read through this thread to find advice on the best seat for Emirates 777-300ER DXB - KIX economy and it seems most people tend to agree that 46A is a pretty good seat. Just trying to make sure this is still the case because it's a pretty long flight and I'd like to get a few hours of sleep if possible. Much appreciated
Old Apr 22, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: QF
Basically the older IFE versions have the boxes while the newest ones don't. I'm not sure at which version they disappear though I suspect it's the non-latest ICE Digital Widescreen (with the charcoal/black frame on the screen and controller with physical buttons vs the latest with the silver frame). The oldest IFE which is the non-digital widescreen in the smaller 4:3 aspect ratio definitely has the boxes. EK doesn't fly just one generation of aircraft to a certain city except for very specific circumstances (i.e. newest F to GVA), so it's pretty much impossible to predict. You can squeeze one leg down the side between the seat ahead and the wall of the cabin and the other to the left of the box. Ironically the middle seat is unobstructed.

If you look on FlightRadar for the last weeks' registrations and then go into the EK Fleet Guide here on FT (search google for "site:flyertalk.com A6-XXX" where XXX is the reg) it'll tell you the ICE version (and also if there's WiFi)
Thanks Skywardhunter (and others)....gee, it really does seem like a lottery. Are the boxes under both the window and aisle seats (in the rows that have them)? For now I've selected 33A (think I saw a 2017 review which didn't seem to indicate frustration with any boxes in this row).....anyone personally familiar with that seat and any boxes on more recent widescreen interiors? (knowing that old versions may be different).

If anyone has some even deeper information about which rows do/don't have boxes Id be very grateful. Thanks again.
Old May 31, 2018, 7:46 am

Economy 773ER Seating

All things being equal, for a couple travelling 7.5hrs on an Emirates 777-300 ER would seats in row 24 or row 37 (ABC/HJK) be a better choice than the twin seats in row 47 near the back.

24/37 - exit rows
---------------------
Unlimited legroom
Nobody reclining in front
Can get up and out easily
Door may impede A and K seats
May not be a window
May get bothered by people waiting on toilet
Not as private as may have another person

Twin Seats
------------------
More private
Window
Can get up and out easily

Anyone have first hand experience of both?

Ive got 12F on the later A380 flight so no such worries on that flight

Last edited by GGla; May 31, 2018 at 9:30 am
Old May 31, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Go for the win,actually quite roomy in the first row (47 I think), and the exit rows (I assume that's what you're referring to? Not familiar with exit row numbers), have fixed arm rests and IFE in the arm rest. Take a twin, you'll have ok leg room, bit of space to the right due to the triangle shape of the aisle there, can lift the arm rest to sleep or snog and will just have more privacy rather than a random third person in the row with you (don't assume flight won't be full)
GGla likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: Southwest Hilton Diamond
I have the same scenario leaving 3 weeks from today doing the 777 (DFW-DXB) for ~16 hours and have done a lot of research on exactly what economy seat to pick. I went the route skywardhunter suggested and picked a twin in row 48. I went a little further back in the twin rows because some folks said if you set in that first row where it goes down to twin (46) there is some bumping as folks come by and adjust as it goes with the extra seat. I don't do window seats so I picked 48B specifically both routes. My later A380 flight to KUL I went twin also on the upper deck in around row 30, stuck with economy all the way around.
GGla likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 9:30 am

Go for the win,actually quite roomy in the first row (47 I think), and the exit rows (I assume that's what you're referring to? Not familiar with exit row numbers), have fixed arm rests and IFE in the arm rest. Take a twin, you'll have ok leg room, bit of space to the right due to the triangle shape of the aisle there, can lift the arm rest to sleep or snog and will just have more privacy rather than a random third person in the row with you (don't assume flight won't be full)
Thanks for the reply, and yes exit rows, ive edited to show that.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:12 am

Row 24 doesn't have the bump in the door as it's over the wing so no bulky escape chute to pack in, but your right there's no decent window. I usually travel solo and go for an exit row, but as a couple, Row 47 is probably OK unless your 7 feet tall. Exit rows are around twice the price of twins too, if you're paying.
GGla likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 4:41 am

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
I've flown twice on EK J / 384+385, both at 23A, the crews were darn noisy at the bar...

I've got EK491 and EK371 lined up at 18A and 8K, hopefully i will get a goodnight sleep...
Old Oct 11, 2018, 6:02 am

Talking Best seat(s) 777-300ER Emirates Economy

Hi guys,

My question is does anybody know/has experience what the best seat is in economy on the 777, do you really need the exit row to have the most comfort?
As my name already says I'm from the Netherlands and we're quite tall (fyi I'm 1.95m or 6,4 ft.).
Looking forward for your reactions.

Kind regards.

Flyingdutchguy

ps will give a review after this 10 hours flight (flying on the 2nd of november)

Last edited by flyingdutchguy; Oct 11, 2018 at 8:11 am
Old Oct 11, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
There's lots of discussion of the economy product and seat selection if you search a bit.

At 1.95m, it's going to be tight even if the Y legroom on EK is better than average.

With a 3-4-3 config, however, the seats can feel narrow, especially if you are seated next to a big/wide shouldered person. Being on the aisle will help in terms of shoulder width.

At that kind of height (especially if you are longer in the legs), I would consider paying extra for the leg room or at the very least showing up early to check-in to try to get the exit row for free.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by extramileage

At that kind of height (especially if you are longer in the legs), I would consider paying extra for the leg room or at the very least showing up early to check-in to try to get the exit row for free.
Does this mean the exit row is also free when you check in online? Great information thanks! But probably dont want to take the risk so will pre-book it.
Other question is the window just the small window in the exit door or is there no window at all?

Kind regards

Last edited by flyingdutchguy; Oct 11, 2018 at 8:20 am
Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by flyingdutchguy
Does this mean the exit row is also free when you check in online? Great information thanks! But probably dont want to take the risk so will pre-book it.
Other question is the window just the small window in the exit door or is there no window at all?

Kind regards
No only at airport check in. All other setas are free at OLCI
Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Never ventured so far back on a 777 as I want to be the first to 'get off and out' of the cramped 3-4-3 config. Almost always in the first mini-cabin.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:52 am

Im glad the forum cheapskates have contributed 👍🏻
ukdoctor likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.