Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Old Nov 5, 2011, 7:49 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by tezzer
They reset the seat, and returned me to it for the duration, when there were lovely EMPTY lie flats up front. My TV would only stay on for 30 seconds and then switch, off, not one of EK's finest moments.
First class seats on A330 are not lie flat rather they are deeply reclining with a horizontal footrest that slides in and out but cannot be adjusted for angle unless you treat the "almost fully out but not quite" part of the extension process as giving you a slight angle to work with. Same on the A340-300s.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by mrtdxb
First class seats on A330 are not lie flat rather they are deeply reclining with a horizontal footrest that slides in and out but cannot be adjusted for angle unless you treat the "almost fully out but not quite" part of the extension process as giving you a slight angle to work with. Same on the A340-300s.
They would have still have been a darned sight better than the one I was in !
Old Nov 5, 2011, 8:01 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
That is certainly true!
Old Nov 5, 2011, 1:41 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
^^^
Old Nov 5, 2011, 2:22 pm

Programs: Skywards, ANA
Why the 81 A or K is a good seat in the A380 compared with other seats ? I choose 82A for my next flight on A380. Which one has a good window alignment for get the best view?
Old Nov 5, 2011, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by pilote21
Why the 81 A or K is a good seat in the A380 compared with other seats ?
It has no seat in front of it so unlimited leg room and was pre-bookable until recently. Seat map here:

http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/f...JY&from=354343
Old Nov 5, 2011, 3:42 pm

Programs: Skywards, ANA
Ah ok I never note it.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 3:41 am

Programs: Skywards
Hi everyone,

My husband and I are flying AKL-DXB-DUB next year, with our then 1 year old twins

Our AKL-DXB leg is on the A380 (Y class), and I have tentatively reserved/requested seats 67E&F in the hope that we can get two bassinets.

Seats 54E&F are also available?

Or are we are better off requesting 43A&B or 52J&K and having only one bassinet but hoping the plane isn't full and we might get the spare seat.

I would really appreciate your advice on what seats you think would be best
Old Nov 30, 2011, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by MrsN
I would really appreciate your advice on what seats you think would be best
No matter where you sit, whoever is in the seat(s) next to you will probably want to move out if possible. In this case go for the middle 2 of 4 as this gives you double the chance of someone moving and leaving you a spare seat.

Row 54 is adjacent to a galley and may make things easier for you than 67.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
777-300er - 1ef or 2ef?

A380 - 1ef / 2ef or 3ef?
Old Dec 1, 2011, 7:48 pm

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by ft101
No matter where you sit, whoever is in the seat(s) next to you will probably want to move out if possible. In this case go for the middle 2 of 4 as this gives you double the chance of someone moving and leaving you a spare seat.

Row 54 is adjacent to a galley and may make things easier for you than 67.
Thank you. I will change to 54. Good point about people want to move too - hopefully someone does and we end up with one spare seat!

The girls are well behaved now but in 8 months time it might be a different story! I am dreading being that couple with those kids!!
Old Dec 2, 2011, 10:11 am

Programs: KL Gold SkyTeam Elite Plus - SEN M&M *G
What is the best private suite in the F cabin on the 777-300 ER? I'm traveling alone...
Old Dec 2, 2011, 1:05 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Emirates Skywards, various others (inactive)
if you're travelling alone, the outer suites are better (if you see what I mean, because technically every suite is an aisle seat). I personally prefer row 2 - so 2A or 2K would be my preferences. A is closer to the toilets (and the door), if that makes a difference to you. On the 777-300ER you get all of 3 windows to yourself, all electronically controlled!
Old Dec 2, 2011, 5:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.656 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/143)

I was in 1K yesterday - perfect in my view. Will get a different perspective on today's flight - could only get 2E.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 6:56 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by phlogiston
if you're travelling alone, the outer suites are better (if you see what I mean, because technically every suite is an aisle seat). I personally prefer row 2 - so 2A or 2K would be my preferences. A is closer to the toilets (and the door), if that makes a difference to you. On the 777-300ER you get all of 3 windows to yourself, all electronically controlled!
I prefer 2k as well. In fact I have been in 2k for my last 2 flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.