Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2010, 10:41 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
vc
many thanks for photo links.
SS
Old Aug 17, 2010, 2:41 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver, Miles & Bonus Gold, BD Diamond Blue
np. ve a good flight(s)!
all the 200LRs ve lie flats, all the 300s ve lie flats.
Its the luck of the draw bout the 300ERS though,
where r u flying too/from?
Old Aug 17, 2010, 3:15 pm

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
BHX38/DXB372/BKK- then return375/37
Hoping to get some sleep on 38 after pre flight dining in the new excellent EK BHX lounge
Old Aug 17, 2010, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by petterpan
... snip ...
In addition has the EK 385/385 (HKG-BBK-DXB) been re-fited?? i haven't been on that flight for 3 years
The 384/385 is a 777-300 which are all re-fitted according to post 317 in this thread, however it will change to an A380 in a couple of months - see the what's new in 2010 thread.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 9:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, MilesandSmiles Elite, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by petterpan
Thanks a lot for the info, much appreciated, I Have high hopes now

if you go to services by flight check this flight for the next 2-3 weeks on some cases it says 777-200 and on other 777-ER

i have been flying this route once a year for the last 12 years and i used always prefer the 380/381 mostly in A330-200 instead of the via BBK 384/385 old configurations and between those two old cabins i liked quitter and the and long pitch airbus, than the 777,old cabin recliner. i am full of hopes now that things will change!

In addition has the EK 385/385 (HKG-BBK-DXB) been re-fited?? i haven't been on that flight for 3 years
I am actually on the HKG-BKK flight on Friday 20th August returning to HKG on Tuesday 24th August, so can report back if you remind me.

I do this flight around once per month and it has been a re-fitted plane for as long as I can remember (ie the last 2 years).
Old Sep 3, 2010, 7:46 am

777-300ER Business Seats.

Hi,

I'm flying to Manila via Dubai from LHR next week and was wondering what the business class seats on the 777-300ER are like between DXB & MNL ?
Not sure if they are the old style or the fold out bed ones.

Anyone got any tips for business class on the 777-300ER ?

I've been on the A380 in both economy & Business before and love that plane.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by W9London
Flying LHR-DXB on A380-800, DXB-NRT on 777-300ER on Y class.
Since we have two small children, I was thinking of getting the middle row of 3-4-3. Does anyone know if the armrests can lift on non-bulkhead seats?

If the armrests are static/rigid, we prefer to split 2 x 2 and get window-middle or middle-aisle combo. Any thoughts? TIA.
Just back from the trip--armrests could be listed on both flights.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 10:36 am

Going to Dubai with EK in a couple of weeks, 777-300 by the looks of it. I'm 6'8" and travelling in Y (apparently it is not yet a criminal offense to subject me to this ), obviously I'll be at check in as early as possible but if I'm out of luck with exit rows are my current reservations the best I can get? Picked on aisle of the 2-seat rear section as I understand from other posts that there might be a little more legroom. Also, do these seats have fixed armrests/extra-narrow width or are they moveable with tray in seat back - and are they angled with the plane body or parallel to every other row?

EK8 Sunday Morning LHR-DXB - seat 48J
EK5 Friday afternoon DXB-LHR - seat 46J
Old Oct 30, 2010, 6:25 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by simion_levi
Going to Dubai with EK in a couple of weeks, 777-300 by the looks of it. I'm 6'8" and travelling in Y (apparently it is not yet a criminal offense to subject me to this ), obviously I'll be at check in as early as possible but if I'm out of luck with exit rows are my current reservations the best I can get? Picked on aisle of the 2-seat rear section as I understand from other posts that there might be a little more legroom. Also, do these seats have fixed armrests/extra-narrow width or are they moveable with tray in seat back - and are they angled with the plane body or parallel to every other row?

Get the airport early and request the exit row. The good thing with EK's seat management system is that it is allocated on a first-come, first served basis (and not on status etc). This is good for you. Also a plus for you is that the flight is originating in LHR.

If EK use 3rd party check-in staff at LHR, make sure you find a real EK staffer (who should be at the end of the counter at ticketing) and be as nice as you can with your request (obviously your height will be a indicator of why you need the room!). I'd even do this BEFORE you actually line up and check in, because the standard agent will need to call an EK supervisor to release the seat anyway.

Good luck. And safe travels.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 6:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: CharlesPoedyOB
Originally Posted by simion_levi
Also, do these seats have fixed armrests/extra-narrow width or are they moveable with tray in seat back - and are they angled with the plane body or parallel to every other row?

48J no fixed arm rests, tray in seat back in front, 46J fixed arm rests. Seats are more or less parallel to every other row.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 6:19 am

Many thanks both, flying tomorrow. Heres hoping my legs survive the journey, whichever seat I end up in!
Old Nov 8, 2010, 1:46 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Singapore Airlines Krisflyer, Air New Zealand Airpoints
Smile 20K v23

On the A380 business class, given a choice between seat 20K and 23K, which would you take?
Both are windows seats with the extra side storage bins. 20K is followed by a bassinet seat (21J) so there is a risk of a crying baby.
23K is a bulkhead seat in the smaller business section which is closer to the bar (noisy?). Does anyone know if the bulkhead affects the experience? Seat guru says that the seats in row 23 are"very private". Anyone tried it? Do you agree with seat guru?
I'm currently booked in 20K, 21J is empty so no crying baby yet. Is it worth taking 23K?

Thanks
Old Nov 8, 2010, 1:48 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Singapore Airlines Krisflyer, Air New Zealand Airpoints
Question A380 20K v 23K

On the A380 business class, given a choice between seat 20K and 23K, which would you take?
Both are window seats with the extra side storage bins. 20K is followed by a bassinet seat (21J) so there is a risk of a crying baby.
23K is a bulkhead seat in the smaller business section which is closer to the bar (noisy?). Does anyone know if the bulkhead affects the experience? Seat guru says that the seats in row 23 are"very private". Anyone tried it? Do you agree with seat guru?
I'm currently booked in 20K, 21J is empty so no crying baby yet. Is it worth taking 23K?

Thanks
Old Nov 8, 2010, 10:55 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by ahmedNZ
Both are window seats with the extra side storage bins. 20K is followed by a bassinet seat (21J) so there is a risk of a crying baby.

Thanks
As I posted in last few days somewhere 23K is IMHO the best seat in the house (Bizwise) unless you are looking for a quick exit from the plane on arrival.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 12:22 pm

Hi guys. This is my first time on this forum. Wondered if anyone could tell me if my seats are ok that we have pre booked

We are on the Ek40 flight to South Africa from Birmingham via Dubai. Our seats are 21 J and K for most of the legs.

Many thanks
Julie x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.