Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The Emirates Forum Brunch - Off-topic chit-chat and banter

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Emirates Forum Brunch - Off-topic chit-chat and banter

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2020, 2:26 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Yes, they still serve that.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 4:43 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by Metanoia
Are they still serving that swill that they call tonic water onboard? It's called "Evervess"... each class of service has excellent gin and this stuff ruins it.

Thinking about taking my own tonic syrup onboard next time.. I already bring my own vermouth for martinis.
What I find works well is to devirginize the "Virgin Cucumber Gimlet" with some Gin.
Metanoia likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 5:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
Yes, they still serve that.
Sadness.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 3:27 am
Suspended

Construction just past the entrance of the F lounge at B fed me past the spa en kids play area. Never knew there was a spa at B! I always have a fixed route I walk to the showers..
Old Jan 24, 2020, 11:10 am

Programs: EK Plat
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
Construction just past the entrance of the F lounge at B fed me past the spa en kids play area. Never knew there was a spa at B! I always have a fixed route I walk to the showers..
So this raises an interesting question, what are people's regular routines? I usually fly through Dubai once a week and it typically goes something like...

T-125: Call to book a spa appointment
T-120: Chauffeur drive pick-up
T-105: Arrive at DXB
T-100-90: Get to F lounge (exact time depends on A or B gates, checked baggage or not)
T-90: 15 minute back massage
T-75: Grab a shower / glass of wine / catch up on emails
T-25: Board

I have to admit I haven't walked around the general concourse in years... am I missing anything? I assume not...
Old Jan 24, 2020, 11:28 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
I have never actually used the spa. Transiting through DXB, I never feel relaxed enough to get a massage knowing I have another 6 hour plus flight to catch. I get a shower if time permits but I always find the lounge/airport in general to be quite warm so the freshness doesn't last very long.

I don't eat on board so my routine generally consists of heading to the dining area of which ever lounge and grabbing some food. In C I take a photo of the wines in the fridge and google which one is the most expensive to pass some time. I always consider passing by my next gate to ask someone if they want to go in the F lounge but then I always think it would come across quite strange...
iFlyMoreThanYou likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 1:08 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Anyone else noticed that the F (and I'm assuming J and Y as well) cabins have been kept at warmer temperatures than previously so? Specifically on the A380. Have been unable to get a good sleep because I keep waking up sweating, even with my personal air vents at full blast.

Some more interesting experiences from my recent DXB- JFK. Shower wasn't draining very fast, so for my entire shower I was standing in a somewhat deep puddle of water. Felt kind of gross, but it did seem to all drain out by the time I was dressed and leaving the shower spa.
Also, midflight I went to use the restroom in the shower spa, and there were no more clean hand towels. And since there are no disposable paper towels in the shower spa, I had to wipe my hands on my pajamas! Seems there was a passenger that was obsessed with washing their hands which caused this, because if I remember correctly the hand soap bottle was full before departure, but was only 25% full towards the end of the flight. Seems like a lot of soap used for a not even full F cabin!

Neither of the last 2 issues are huge deals, just interesting things I thought I would mention here.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 4:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by S.R
And since there are no disposable paper towels in the shower spa, I had to wipe my hands on my pajamas! Seems there was a passenger that was obsessed with washing their hands which caused this
You mean that the cabin service assistants (shower tenders) didn't maintain the towel roll pyramid perfectly after each visitor?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Lkaroo
So this raises an interesting question, what are people's regular routines? I usually fly through Dubai once a week and it typically goes something like...

T-100-90: Get to F lounge (exact time depends on A or B gates, checked baggage or not)

I have to admit I haven't walked around the general concourse in years... am I missing anything? I assume not...
Has been a while since I have been to the concourse too

T-50 arrive at dxb
T-40 usually arrive at the lounge, order a plate of sushi
T-21 board the aircraft
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 9:22 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Lkaroo

I usually get picked up 3 hours before.

by the time I’ve checked in the bags sorted the toddler out and my wife has bought half of duty free we probably have 90 mins til the flight.

straight to lounge then for breakfast or whatever and a back massage (I email a few days before to book the slots).

boarding is usually early to try and get the toddler in a zen state for take off.

the hit the bar for 7 hours
Old Jan 25, 2020, 2:10 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by m3red
I usually get picked up 3 hours before.

by the time I’ve checked in the bags sorted the toddler out and my wife has bought half of duty free we probably have 90 mins til the flight.

straight to lounge then for breakfast or whatever and a back massage (I email a few days before to book the slots).

boarding is usually early to try and get the toddler in a zen state for take off.

the hit the bar for 7 hours

From this, it seems that the toddler is quite a life changing addition.

And a toddler in a 'zen state'? .....
Only 'zen state' I can imagine for that age group is 'asleep', so I guess that's what you mean.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 3:00 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Only 'zen state' I can imagine for that age group is 'asleep', so I guess that's what you mean.
thijsseh, ps107, m3red and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 3:43 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by DYKWIA

Old Jan 26, 2020, 8:31 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh
From this, it seems that the toddler is quite a life changing addition.

drinking milk or asleep yes!

we are the only 3 in F to Haneda on Saturday so he can scream his head off
Old Jan 26, 2020, 9:24 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by m3red
drinking milk or asleep yes!

we are the only 3 in F to Haneda on Saturday so he can scream his head off
New F too. Lucky chappie. Gets his own suite?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.