Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The Emirates Forum Brunch - Off-topic chit-chat and banter

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Emirates Forum Brunch - Off-topic chit-chat and banter

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: EK Plat
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
I have literally just done one, but it didn't show up as a special offer - I realised the pricing on the upgrade screen was lower than usual and on the statement it shows "Discounted Upgrade Reward Offer".
I see... Was it Y to J or J to F?

Looking at the terms and conditions it appears people may receive targeted offers too:

6. Miles Upgrade promotional offers may be personalised depending on the logged-in Emirates Skywards member’s profile.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Lkaroo

I see... Was it Y to J or J to F?

Looking at the terms and conditions it appears people may receive targeted offers too:

6. Miles Upgrade promotional offers may be personalised depending on the logged-in Emirates Skywards member’s profile.
Y -> J
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:30 am

Programs: EK Plat
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Y -> J
Many thanks, finally found some.

I searched for new bookings in the mobile app (replicating the existing bookings) and the discounted upgrade offers appeared.

30% off on a J to F redemption so good value too.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 3:34 am

Programs: Skywards silver
Hey folks,
anybody happen to have noticed the price of the Bose QC 35 series 2 headphones at Dubai duty free?

Not sure if DXB duty free would be cheaper than world duty free in LHR, or if the high street is just the cheapest.
if anyone has bought a pair recently from DXB duty free, would love to know the price.
many thanks.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 3:52 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
There are AED 1,049 (GBP 222) on the Dubai Duty Free website. Also available in the UAE (e.g. noon.com) for AED 1,099.

https://www.dubaidutyfree.com/search...le&type=search
Old Nov 25, 2019, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by extramileage
There are AED 1,049 (GBP 222) on the Dubai Duty Free website. Also available in the UAE (e.g. noon.com) for AED 1,099.

https://www.dubaidutyfree.com/search...le&type=search
excellent thanks very much.
i should have known DXB duty free would have had prices online.
£249 here on the uk high street.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls
excellent thanks very much.
i should have known DXB duty free would have had prices online.
£249 here on the uk high street.
£199 at T5. I haven't found Dubai Duty Free to be that cheap anymore, I was comparing whiskey and it was similar price at T5 (cheaper by couple of £ at T5, though that's down to the exchange rate on the day)
Old Nov 25, 2019, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by JamesKidd
£199 at T5. I haven't found Dubai Duty Free to be that cheap anymore, I was comparing whiskey and it was similar price at T5 (cheaper by couple of £ at T5, though that's down to the exchange rate on the day)
£199 at Heathrow that’s a good price, think that’s the winning price so far.

I find the new Bose 700 headphones, are far too slack on my head, and just not as comfortable as the older 35 series 2
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:00 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
New Airline..

Now that not only Tim Clark but also Willie Walsh is retiring, we might soon see a new airline. I have had one suggestion for the name: Tim Willie Air.

(mods, if this is too much outside the EK realm, please move to a more suitable forum. )
Seaforth likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 2:02 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Who of you was attempting to flirt with my girlfriend on EK7 today? She told me he was a Gold member...
Old Jan 14, 2020, 3:23 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
Who of you was attempting to flirt with my girlfriend on EK7 today? She told me he was a Gold member...
Hmm...... flirty x gold = 67.5% of business class. So... could be pretty much anyone. Have her ask the next guy if he knows what Flyertalk is. That will (i) have their head explode with glee and (ii) narrow down the field of suspects.

A crew friend of mine who is often on bar duty tells me that lounge pax have this irresistible urge to blurt out what they do for a living, unprompted. "I'm Vice President of Widgets, you know?"

Last edited by extramileage; Jan 14, 2020 at 3:44 am
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:11 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
I’m innocent. I was on EK11....
And not in the bar after a rather unexpected op up to F (details to follow in the op up thread)
S c 0 TT y likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:19 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by thijsseh
I’m innocent. I was on EK11....
And not in the bar after a rather unexpected op up to F (details to follow in the op up thread)
You should still be in the bar... with your servant following you with a bottle of Dom!
nmc980 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:21 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
You should still be in the bar... with your servant following you with a bottle of Dom!
Oh yes, have done that. On one occasion she overtook me, using the other aisle and greeted me in the bar with the Dom.
But, weak as I am, I found a 3am visit to the bar on a 7 hour flight a bit too fatiguing, So I had the Dom in my seat instead. Said servant insisted on several top ups.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 4:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Are they still serving that swill that they call tonic water onboard? It's called "Evervess"... each class of service has excellent gin and this stuff ruins it.

Thinking about taking my own tonic syrup onboard next time.. I already bring my own vermouth for martinis.

Last edited by Metanoia; Jan 14, 2020 at 4:17 pm Reason: Add image

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.