Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The Emirates Forum Brunch - Off-topic chit-chat and banter

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Emirates Forum Brunch - Off-topic chit-chat and banter

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:43 am

I am having such a hard time deciding... might just go economy to be honest. I feel the extra expense is worth it to arrive broken at home.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:22 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Denizz

I am having such a hard time deciding... might just go economy to be honest. I feel the extra expense is worth it to arrive broken at home.
???
Will08 and XXTSGR like this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: EK Silver
Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y

it is way off but leaving cheese isn’t an option 👀 so it gets flung on the remaining cracker. I have asked for more cheese and crackers and haven’t (yet) been refused.
There's too much cheese (or not enough crackers)...however I agree - leaving cheese simply isn't an option! So I always request (and recieve) double the amount of crackers.
Will08 and XXTSGR like this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR

it is way off but leaving cheese isn’t an option 👀 so it gets flung on the remaining cracker. I have asked for more cheese and crackers and haven’t (yet) been refused.
Same here! And another port or dessert wine, depending on the mood and cheese!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Don't tease us! What made one great and one terrible?

I don't like cheese but I'd probably ask for more crackers because I don't know when to stop
Mainly trivial stuff but BKK-DXB feels like a well oiled machine, whereas DXB-TUN has been poor in J for the second time in two months, crappy boarding - its a remote stand but it is like they have never had to deal with it before. On board experience - old 777, power didn't work, no drinks service until the meal, well over 3 hours in to the flight (I was just on water but not the point) Business was more than half empty yet it took 40 minutes from finishing the (cold) soup to receiving the main - if the staff are rushed off their feet I do not mind being patient but I happened to have a Tunisian serving me who was more interested in chatting to Tunisians than serving everyone else. My 'hot towel' (luke warm at best) was still on the side at the end of the meal service from the beginning of the flight. Had to ask three times for a landing card - received it on final approach. To top off the lack of professionalism on this flight, I actually took a photo of the crew member who was supposed to be serving my side, sat down in an empty seat (F, photo taken from K). The picture shows my screen - how far in to the flight we are, my towel and costa cup still remaining and it also shows the seat belt sign off before any one thinks this may have been the reason for her sitting there!

Like I said mainly trivial stuff and maybe the first flight being so good made the second one seem worse than it was.

I have also asked for more cheese and crackers on one occasion but this does not help as I just ended up with the same ratio of cheese to cracker!
S c 0 TT y likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: Skywards silver
Always request extra crackers when I order the cheese board, never had a problem receiving extra.
The cheese board has been reduced in size lately tho.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:24 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
I would like to wish all of my fellow EK Mod, Ambassadors and Flyertalkers a very Happy and Prosperous New Year, Selamut Tahun Baru,
С новым годом

Wherever ye go, wherever ye be, lang may yer lum reek.

Best wishes for 2019

Saltire74
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Anyone notice A380 J service is also being served out of the F galley in addition to the back galley? Felt weird because service was coming at the cabin from both directions and seemed to be a bit haphazard.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:21 am
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by Metanoia
Anyone notice A380 J service is also being served out of the F galley in addition to the back galley? Felt weird because service was coming at the cabin from both directions and seemed to be a bit haphazard.
What route? Ex and to SYD the F galley is quite taken up with all the F service. I have been tempted by a few stray bottles of Ch duCru in 2018!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by sydtogla
What route? Ex and to SYD the F galley is quite taken up with all the F service. I have been tempted by a few stray bottles of Ch duCru in 2018!
This was DXB-LAX for the pre-landing lunch service. I don't recall if the after-takeoff breakfast was served from the front, I was asleep. Might be a test? Or a mis-load?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
Upgrade of the year?

Flying BOM-DXB-CPT on Thursday morning, booked in Y Flex.

Had upgraded DXB-CPT to J with 46,800 miles a few months ago, was waiting for availability for BOM-DXB.

Today I checked the app and saw availability, no alert from EF or EK (both had been set).

Now this is a good deal for 3 reasons:

- it's an A380
- BOM-CPT is only 48750 miles to upgrade so only 1950 additional miles to add BOM-DXB
- 23A was available (and now mine)

CD also available to me in BOM now.

Is this good value or what? 1950 miles for 2.5hrs A380 J instead of Y + CD + bar + outside chance at op-up to F
thijsseh and Metanoia like this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 5:52 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
I've just come back from a domestic holiday in AU, flying QF. I see that QF have changed some of the details around it access policy to Qantas Club (domestic). A dragon in SYD said that they had tightened policy and its now computer based access rather than signing in EK FF with the guestbook.

You will now have to credit your QF flight to EK in order to access using your gold or plat card. The old system used to just involve a quick glance of the card, but it seems like they now need exact skywards numbers so that QF can bill EK correctly.

The good news is, some lounge dragons will change your BP to EK, give you access then change it back to QF to allow you to credit to QF and earn status points. If they don't, you can always leave the lounge a bit early and find a QF agent who will do it for you.
Zol likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:51 pm

Awfully quiet these days. What are y'all up to lately? My travel for work has died down considerably, what used to be 5 trips per year to HYD & HKG is looking like 3 now. I barely "ek"ed out 3 last year and dropped down a tier on AS. But that's just my forecast for the year, things could change rapidly.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Metanoia
Awfully quiet these days. What are y'all up to lately? My travel for work has died down considerably, what used to be 5 trips per year to HYD & HKG is looking like 3 now. I barely "ek"ed out 3 last year and dropped down a tier on AS. But that's just my forecast for the year, things could change rapidly.
Still the same grind to HYD/BOM from me. Back to HYD next Friday, we need to manage another Champagne Bar crossover
Metanoia likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:31 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Seven days cigarette free

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.