Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2017/2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zol
Welcome to Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2017/2018

Skywards is the Frequent Flyer Programme (FFP) for Emirates Airlines. There are many ways of collecting and spending miles as well as attaining status within the membership programme and different levels of status bring with it certain benefits. Sometimes FFP's can be confusingand we all find ourselves with a question at times relating to membership or how to spend, how to collect, where to spend, where to collect, what benefits come with membership etc.

From the Emirates Skywards Web Page:

Make the Most of Every Mile with Emirates SkywardsOur award-winning frequent flyer programme costs nothing to join and will change the way you see the world forever. It’s simpler than ever before to apply and begin collecting more Miles more quickly in even more ways. Membership gives you the chance to earn and spend Miles with Emirates and a wide selection of partners, and also enhances your travel experience with benefits and services that make every trip more rewarding.
https://www.emirates.com/english/sky.../skywards.aspx

We have a quite a few experts on the forum, so if you find yourself stuck as how to make the most of your membership then please ask your Skywards questions here.

Here is the link to the 2015/2016 thread: Your Skywards Questions Answered 2015/2016

Safe & Happy Travels

Saltire74
EK Forum Ambassador
Print Wikipost

Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2017/2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Thanks for prompt response ^
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Outbound and inbound are credited separately, but if you have a stopover within one sector the entire sector will only be completed after the last segment is flown. Generally miles credit within 4-6 hours after landing, status upgrade reflects within another 4-6 hours after that, more or less.

I do have to admit I was surprised though that my EY miles last month credited in a similar timeframe.
Hi guys, sorry for the thread necro, didn't want to make a new thread for something similar. I just want to confirm about tier miles, does EK still credit tier miles separately on outbound and inbound flights on the same return ticket, or does it only get credited when the whole return journey is completed? I got a flight coming up with the outbound flight happening on the status review month and the return after a few months of the review month, the tier miles on my outbound flight is enough for me to keep my status.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:50 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MT_Switch
Hi guys, sorry for the thread necro, didn't want to make a new thread for something similar. I just want to confirm about tier miles, does EK still credit tier miles separately on outbound and inbound flights on the same return ticket, or does it only get credited when the whole return journey is completed? I got a flight coming up with the outbound flight happening on the status review month and the return after a few months of the review month, the tier miles on my outbound flight is enough for me to keep my status.
Tier miles are credited separately for outbound and inbound.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:50 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by MT_Switch
Yes. The tier miles for the outbound will be credited usually the day after arrival of the outbound.

S
Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:30 am

Thanks guys.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: BA Silver
Hi, a question about Skywards Miles upgrade Y - to - J:
EK website states that the only cost to upgrade is if a country on the route collects a higher passenger tax for J, than the taxes for Y. (I take this to mean that a higher YQ from EK, for J over Y, will not be charged at time of upgrade)

Is this correct? Does EK not collect the higher YQ upon upgrade from Y - to - J?

Thanks
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:24 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by CantTurnRight
Hi, a question about Skywards Miles upgrade Y - to - J:
EK website states that the only cost to upgrade is if a country on the route collects a higher passenger tax for J, than the taxes for Y. (I take this to mean that a higher YQ from EK, for J over Y, will not be charged at time of upgrade)

Is this correct? Does EK not collect the higher YQ upon upgrade from Y - to - J?

Thanks
Correct
CantTurnRight likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Hi,

can anyone confirm whether group tickets from a package tour are eligible to earn Skywards miles? I am wondering whether it is worth it to enroll.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Hi,

can anyone confirm whether group tickets from a package tour are eligible to earn Skywards miles? I am wondering whether it is worth it to enroll.
No cost in enrolling. Who's package tour and are they discounted? I get discounts through my bank and those don't earn Business Rewards points but they do earn miles
Old Jan 26, 2018, 10:30 am

Hi,

​​​​​​
yes you earn skymiles if you fly on package your ticket , however a one off trip in economy won't get you much on skywards...if anything.
remember that miles flown on emirates can be accumulated on other frequent flyer programmes.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
No cost in enrolling. Who's package tour and are they discounted? I get discounts through my bank and those don't earn Business Rewards points but they do earn miles
No cost in enrolling, but a useless hassle to register four family members if there is no earning.

I have no idea how the package tour buys the flights. It is Corendon NL.

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
​​​​​​
yes you earn skymiles if you fly on package your ticket , however a one off trip in economy won't get you much on skywards...if anything.
remember that miles flown on emirates can be accumulated on other frequent flyer programmes.
Other programmes maybe, but none that I use or are likely to use in the future over Emirates themselves.
And Emirates makes it relatively easy to use miles for discounts even in small amounts. Not much, but better than no gain at all.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 4:32 pm

No cost in enrolling, but a useless hassle to register four family members if there is no earning.

I have no idea how the package tour buys the flights. It is Corendon NL.

Other programmes maybe, but none that I use or are likely to use in the future over Emirates themselves.
And Emirates makes it relatively easy to use miles for discounts even in small amounts. Not much, but better than no gain at all.
Go for it.
Corendon have deal to buy cheap seats in low season on EK which they must use as part of package ie sell in conjunction with hotel.sometimes those deals are very good value.
AMS is difficult sell for EK.
​​​
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:25 pm

It's my first time on EK, going from EWR to ATH this Sunday. When are the seats assigned? Are 3 ppl on the same reservation seated together?

Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by boboqui
It's my first time on EK, going from EWR to ATH this Sunday. When are the seats assigned? Are 3 ppl on the same reservation seated together?

Thanks!
You can check in online 48hrs before departure and select seats for free, otherwise it's up to the check in at the airport. You might not be seated together.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Wondering to myself, when upgrading at check in from J to F using skywards miles with one of the two sectors already upgraded to F previously with miles, do i get charged the lower redemption rate or the full singular upgrade rate and then have to retro claim later ?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.