Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2017/2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zol
Welcome to Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2017/2018

Skywards is the Frequent Flyer Programme (FFP) for Emirates Airlines. There are many ways of collecting and spending miles as well as attaining status within the membership programme and different levels of status bring with it certain benefits. Sometimes FFP's can be confusingand we all find ourselves with a question at times relating to membership or how to spend, how to collect, where to spend, where to collect, what benefits come with membership etc.

From the Emirates Skywards Web Page:

Make the Most of Every Mile with Emirates SkywardsOur award-winning frequent flyer programme costs nothing to join and will change the way you see the world forever. It’s simpler than ever before to apply and begin collecting more Miles more quickly in even more ways. Membership gives you the chance to earn and spend Miles with Emirates and a wide selection of partners, and also enhances your travel experience with benefits and services that make every trip more rewarding.
https://www.emirates.com/english/sky.../skywards.aspx

We have a quite a few experts on the forum, so if you find yourself stuck as how to make the most of your membership then please ask your Skywards questions here.

Here is the link to the 2015/2016 thread: Your Skywards Questions Answered 2015/2016

Safe & Happy Travels

Saltire74
EK Forum Ambassador
Print Wikipost

Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2017/2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2017, 6:19 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Oh and no chance on the lounge guest I'm afraid but that's why EK now lets you pay 100USD for access​
My additional question for this is it's US$100 for 4 hours, right? How in the world to they enforce the 4 hour rule? We have a 9 hour, overnight layover so it might be worth it if we can actually get the whole time. I've never seen anyone actually checking on who's in the lounge once you pass the desks.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
My additional question for this is it's US$100 for 4 hours, right? How in the world to they enforce the 4 hour rule? We have a 9 hour, overnight layover so it might be worth it if we can actually get the whole time. I've never seen anyone actually checking on who's in the lounge once you pass the desks.
I don't believe we've seen a report on FT on how they're enforcing the 4 hour rule but there is a lot of speculation in the original topic thread.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:09 am

Programs: United, AA, Alaska, SPG, Hyatt, Chase, Citi
Question Emirates Skywards #

I'm trying to transfer my SPG points to Emirates and am a little unsure about what to fill in as the Frequent Flyer Number. If the number showing up in my Emirates account is "EK 123 456 789". Should the number be "EK123456789", "123456789", "EK 123 456 789" or "123 456 789"?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by christianwu
I'm trying to transfer my SPG points to Emirates and am a little unsure about what to fill in as the Frequent Flyer Number. If the number showing up in my Emirates account is "EK 123 456 789". Should the number be "EK123456789", "123456789", "EK 123 456 789" or "123 456 789"?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA MM/Plat, AS MVP
Quick question from a UA-lifer...
After reading (for better or worse) all of the travel blogs describing the AS to EK mileage conversions for A380 F tickets, I started building AS miles for a bucket list trip to the ME and maybe Africa or India, I'm currently on track for the 200k mark by fall.

Question: can you still book in F with Skywards and stopover for more than 24 hours in DXB? I'd love to check out Abu Dhabi and Oman as well. I figure it will take at least 10 days.

Thanks in advance. I'm mostly on UA to Asia and Micronesia and only have familiarity with their rules.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: Skywards
When are points credited?

Hello everyone,

I'm a super newbie to this forum, so I'm hoping to get some of your expert advice. I want to book a classic reward saver ticket, but am 275 points short. At the moment, I have points coming across from my Emirates citibank credit card into my skywards account anyday now. My questions are:

1. Does anyone know how long it takes for points to show up on the skywards account?
2. Is there anyway to hold a saver reward ticket till I have enough points?
3. Are there any reasonable transit business lounges or hotels in Dubai airport that does not cost an arm & a leg?
4. Is there an alert that can be set up to notify me when a classic reward ticket becomes available for the route & date I want?
Thankyou so much in advance.

Last edited by springtime77; Jul 18, 2017 at 2:56 pm Reason: adding
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:46 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by springtime77
Hello everyone,

I'm a super newbie to this forum, so I'm hoping to get some of your expert advice. I want to book a classic reward saver ticket, but am 275 points short. At the moment, I have points coming across from my Emirates citibank credit card into my skywards account anyday now. My questions are:

1. Does anyone know how long it takes for points to show up on the skywards account?
2. Is there anyway to hold a saver reward ticket till I have enough points?
3. Are there any reasonable transit business lounges or hotels in Dubai airport that does not cost an arm & a leg?
4. Is there an alert that can be set up to notify me when a classic reward ticket becomes available for the route & date I want?
Thankyou so much in advance.
Hi Springtime77, welcome to the board! Hopefully you will find lots on here to help you.

The date for crediting varies. When it comes from Credit Card companies sometimes it can be one day (for example, if you deliberately transfer Amex points). For an auto transfer of miles from your EK credit card, mine varies month to month but is usually 10 days before my balance is due to be paid.

You can only pay to hold bookings that you will then pay for in cash, not miles.

The Dubai international Airport Hotel is inside T3 and is very convenient. You pay a premium for it though, expect around A$200 for an overnight. I'm assuming your trying to book economy tickets, the EK J lounge in Dubai is good for short transit times.

There is no alert for reward bookings through EK, only for upgrades for those who have purchased a flex or flex plus ticket. You would be better monitoring loads using software such as Expertflyer. You can also search EK flights for classic rewards seats using the Qantas website. I can't remember if they also give you the option of reward booking alerts.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: Skywards
Hi sydtogla
Thankyou so much for the info, I really appreciate.
I just checked my account again & was pleasantly suprised that the points have come across & my acct has been credited. It took 5 days would you believe!

Sorry to be a pest, would you know anything about the snooze cubes? I just read about them, some say they're good, others say not really?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: EK Gold, UA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
My Emirates Citi credit card gets me Lounge Key which gives me access to many lounges worldwide. In DXB it is the Marhaba Lounges, Business Class Lounge, Skyteam Lounge, and the Lounge at B. Have you registered with Lounge Key?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:03 pm

Emirates Silver to Gold

Hi, sorry to be a bit thick but I am currently a Silver member. If I fly another 25,000, for example a round trip from NZ to Europe, does that mean I retain my silver or that I reach Gold, having then 50,000 tier? Or, do I need 50,000 (therefore 75,000) on Top of my current 25,000?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:26 pm

50,000 total, so if you have 25,000 (Silver) then you need another 25,000 (so total 50,000) for Gold

Or you can think of it as:

Gold = Silver x2
Gold = Silver + 25,000
Old Sep 13, 2017, 4:37 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Kaystrong
Hi, sorry to be a bit thick but I am currently a Silver member. If I fly another 25,000, for example a round trip from NZ to Europe, does that mean I retain my silver or that I reach Gold, having then 50,000 tier? Or, do I need 50,000 (therefore 75,000) on Top of my current 25,000?
The miles also have to be accrued within a 13 month period for an upgrade to a higher tier. So if you are a silver, and then have a flight with Emirates that earns you tier miles on say 13-Sep-2017, the system will look at all your tier miles accrued from up to 13 months back, which is 01-Sep-2016. If it finds that you do indeed have 50,000 tier miles from 01-Sep-2016 to 13-Sep-2017, it will upgrade you to Gold. If not, you stay at silver until your next flight at which the system will check again for the past 13 months from that date. If you do not accrue miles quickly enough to get counted with a 13 month window, the older miles that are outside the 13 month window no longer count towards tier miles computation for an upgrade to a higher tier.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 1:39 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Renewal vs 'qualify for the same tier again'

When looking at my Skywards account, I see the message 'you require 3123 additional tier miles by 31 October 2017 to renew silver'. (it also tells me I need another 47 flights by then to get Gold, that's about a flight a day.... ). I have no travel planned before the end of October, so no 'renewal'.
But I currently have 33752 tier miles in my account. So under the 'rolling 13 month' rule, I would get a 'new' Silver status anyway.
Am I correct in my assumption that a new Silver card will appear in my postbox in spite of 'non-renewal'? The current one expires end Dec 2017.

I think I have seen this discussed here earlier but searching FT forums remains a challenge (for me at least )
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
When looking at my Skywards account, I see the message 'you require 3123 additional tier miles by 31 October 2017 to renew silver'. (it also tells me I need another 47 flights by then to get Gold, that's about a flight a day.... ). I have no travel planned before the end of October, so no 'renewal'.
But I currently have 33752 tier miles in my account. So under the 'rolling 13 month' rule, I would get a 'new' Silver status anyway.
Am I correct in my assumption that a new Silver card will appear in my postbox in spite of 'non-renewal'? The current one expires end Dec 2017.

I think I have seen this discussed here earlier but searching FT forums remains a challenge (for me at least )
How many tier miles will have you have on the 1st of November?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:47 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
How many tier miles will have you have on the 1st of November?
Counting from 1 October 2016 (13 months), its 33752. The 13 month is crucial as 11875 of those are dated 14/10/16.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.