Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2017/2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zol
Welcome to Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2017/2018

Skywards is the Frequent Flyer Programme (FFP) for Emirates Airlines. There are many ways of collecting and spending miles as well as attaining status within the membership programme and different levels of status bring with it certain benefits. Sometimes FFP's can be confusingand we all find ourselves with a question at times relating to membership or how to spend, how to collect, where to spend, where to collect, what benefits come with membership etc.

From the Emirates Skywards Web Page:

Make the Most of Every Mile with Emirates SkywardsOur award-winning frequent flyer programme costs nothing to join and will change the way you see the world forever. It’s simpler than ever before to apply and begin collecting more Miles more quickly in even more ways. Membership gives you the chance to earn and spend Miles with Emirates and a wide selection of partners, and also enhances your travel experience with benefits and services that make every trip more rewarding.
https://www.emirates.com/english/sky.../skywards.aspx

We have a quite a few experts on the forum, so if you find yourself stuck as how to make the most of your membership then please ask your Skywards questions here.

Here is the link to the 2015/2016 thread: Your Skywards Questions Answered 2015/2016

Safe & Happy Travels

Saltire74
EK Forum Ambassador
Print Wikipost

Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2017/2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by vikster101
What's the best program to credit my Emirates economy flight towards if I want to use the miles for domestic (US) travel?

I'm flying IAH-DXB-DEL and BLR-DXB-IAH in classes X and Q over the holidays. On the Emirates website it says I'll earn 12,500 Skywards miles for the flights. However, if I credit them to my Jetblue account, I'll earn 1 point/2 miles or 9670 miles.

Are there any better options? I'd like to be able to use the points on United or at least easily from IAH/ATL/DTW, but the ability to pool points with Jetblue is attractive (9670<10000). I thought about crediting it to Korean. However according to their website, Emirates flights that don't have Korean Air as an operating carrier don't earn points.

TIA
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
AS seems to be a popular choice, although I don't know too much about it.
AS is very lucrative for crediting EK premium cabin travel for sure, but it falls apart for economy travel unless you're an Alaska elite (you can match other competitor US airline status [UA, AA, WN, DL, HA]). If you can't match status, if I were you I'd go with Jetblue if you can pool the miles.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Just out of interest I have a AMS-DXB-DEL ticket. There is never any award for the DXB-DEL sector until t-3 days. Can I confirm the long haul in First and the short haul in Business and waitlist for F? Or would they give it to me if they have seats available ex DXB?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:15 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Just out of interest I have a AMS-DXB-DEL ticket. There is never any award for the DXB-DEL sector until t-3 days. Can I confirm the long haul in First and the short haul in Business and waitlist for F? Or would they give it to me if they have seats available ex DXB?
Neither of those flights have the new F as far as I am aware?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by onlysuites
What's your status? There've been recent reports that Gold and above can waitlist for an award/upgrade (need to call), however if it becomes available at T-3 you can call back then and have them re-issue and take the combined mileage amount rather than the individual leg amounts.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 5:44 am

Neither of those flights have the new F as far as I am aware?
AMS-DXB isn't even on a B777.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 5:45 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ft101
AMS-DXB isn't even on a B777.
The new morning flight is a B777 I think.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:10 am

The new morning flight is a B777 I think.
Ahh. Not starting until December 1st so never noticed it.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Just as a matter of interest, on a booking MEL-DXB-EBB in F and EBB-DXB-MEL in J, when I upgraded with miles for EBB- DXB, I was offered a discounted number of miles. When I upgraded the DXB-MEL leg, I was deducted the balance of what would have been the entire trip upgrade miles.

I have not been aware previously of discounted upgrade miles. It's a long stretch for Emirates to assume I would upgrade both legs, and they could not be sure award seats would become available on the DXB-MEL leg, so I have to assume the discounted miles are only some random offer.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old Nov 24, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by BadoRas
Just as a matter of interest, on a booking MEL-DXB-EBB in F and EBB-DXB-MEL in J, when I upgraded with miles for EBB- DXB, I was offered a discounted number of miles. When I upgraded the DXB-MEL leg, I was deducted the balance of what would have been the entire trip upgrade miles.

I have not been aware previously of discounted upgrade miles. It's a long stretch for Emirates to assume I would upgrade both legs, and they could not be sure award seats would become available on the DXB-MEL leg, so I have to assume the discounted miles are only some random offer.

Has anyone else experienced this?
There are some upgrade offers available ex some African departure points, not exactly sure which ones though or whether this was even advertised. Dummy booking, website says until March 2019.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Thank you, that explains it!
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:43 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
New thread for 2019 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emir...ed-2019-a.html

Saltire74
Co-Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.