Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Originally Posted by ft101
I wonder if they would for Elites? Or if you had spoken to a different operator?
Yeah he didn't seem to really care. Sounded (without being racist) like some outsourced callcenter. And they are known for sticking to their rules/scripts Didn't want to call back and try again/make a big issue of it.

Bit disappointed. To me it sounds like a easy job. Picking one up at 9pm instead of 4/5am. Aslong as they have availability ofcourse. Would've been nice as a gesture but it's fine Can enjoy it on arrival at Bkk atleast.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by itisme
Yeah he didn't seem to really care. Sounded (without being racist) like some outsourced callcenter. And they are known for sticking to their rules/scripts Didn't want to call back and try again/make a big issue of it.

Bit disappointed. To me it sounds like a easy job. Picking one up at 9pm instead of 4/5am. Aslong as they have availability ofcourse. Would've been nice as a gesture but it's fine Can enjoy it on arrival at Bkk atleast.
Given EK is an Emirati company, all the call centers apart from DXB are "offshore" - none are outsourced, all are wholly owned by EK.

Unfortunately EK's arrangements with outsourced contractors have drivers on standby for the arrival/departure times - they don't want to be seen as selling taxi vouchers.

If you are flying from a port with multiple departures you may have better luck when the subcontractor calls you directly to confirm.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Personally I would very much doubt this is one of those operator-related or HUCA issues.

In fairness to EK, I can fully understand their stance here, given that their responsibility is to provide a service with pick-ups and drop-offs aligned to the actual time of flights as booked. The logistics of just managing that are a challenge in themselves - quite apart from trying to satisfy all manner of exceptional requests.

As for elites - perhaps you're referring to IO's ...? Which would of course be a whole different ball game ...... no idea what the answer would be.

EDIT : crossed with ET's post.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by subject2load
Personally I would very much doubt this is one of those operator-related or HUCA issues.
I tend to agree, however I don't see it would be difficult to do.

Most of the management would be done by the chauffeur company, and they would get the same fee whether it was a day early or not. All EK does it put a note on the list that it sends out daily.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:06 am

Programs: Skyteam Silver, BA Bronze
There was a lot of faffing around with the BHX flights a little while ago, with the A380 changing from the afternoon to the evening flight and from 2 Class to 3 Class. Your seat map shows it up as a two class and you're right in saying 20K is the equivalent if 23K on a 3 Class.

It's one I would be checking on frequently in case the EK website is not as up to date on aircraft/route changes as their planning department.
Brilliant.. Thank you for that, It will make life a little more comforatable !!

Currently in 2A for the 77W dxb-bhx leg.. IS that ok too?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:54 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by dukesy
Brilliant.. Thank you for that, It will make life a little more comforatable !!

Beats 29A
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by dukesy
2A or 2K. (Always the K side for me if possible).
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
2A or 2K. (Always the K side for me if possible).
K all the way!
Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Upgrade Waitlist Priority

In what order do mileage upgrades get cleared?

Do Plat/Gold members get their always get their upgrades confirmed before Blue members, regardless of when the upgrade was requested? Or, are upgrade clearances based solely on when the request was made?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by dcm1020

Do Plat/Gold members get their always get their upgrades confirmed before Blue members, regardless of when the upgrade was requested? Or, are upgrade clearances based solely on when the request was made?
Ouch.

Take a pill and have a read.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...procedure.html
Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
I think the poster is asking about miles upgrades not Op Ups...

I imagine if there is upgrade availability showing in MMB, then it is first come first served i.e. if you can see it you should be able to process the upgrade instantly, regardless of tier.

Somewhere where tier may come into play is if multiple people have requested auto upgrades and there is not enough availability for all, then I can see them using status rather than who requested first to decide whom to upgrade. Also, in another thread, I recently learned that at the airport they have made people wait until the gate/lounge to clear upgrades so in this case they may use status again when there are multiple requests. In either of these cases, I am not sure whether tier is factored in, but would not be surprised.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by kq747
I think the poster is asking about miles upgrades not Op Ups...
Yes, precisely. Thanks for clarifying!
Old Feb 1, 2017, 4:50 pm

Yes, precisely. Thanks for clarifying!
Oops, the fact you started your post with

should have been enough.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 11:54 am

I'd like like to change the BKK-USM sector on my CAI-BKK-USM (F/F/C-Flex) ticket to one which is 1 hour earlier and is Eco-only.

Computer says no was the answer i received - system won't let them select Economy flights in combination with the other flights.

Should i call again to try my luck with another agent?
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by ctrlf
I'd like like to change the BKK-USM sector on my CAI-BKK-USM (F/F/C-Flex) ticket to one which is 1 hour earlier and is Eco-only.

Computer says no was the answer i received - system won't let them select Economy flights in combination with the other flights.

Should i call again to try my luck with another agent?
Yes, should definitely be possible - but may require an entirely new itinerary constructed for you and put onto the same ticket number.

Assuming the ticket is issued by EK directly and not via a travel agent, of course!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.