Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by m3red
I know but if you can't even afford a cab to the destination you shouldn't be traveling.
OP could be pathologically frugal - I think it's a valid question.

There shouldn't be a problem getting on the Y bus.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
OP could be pathologically frugal - I think it's a valid question.

There shouldn't be a problem getting on the Y bus.
I'm pathologically not frugal
Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:36 am

I'm pathologically not frugal

For your sins though, you can't get cheap EK redemptions
Old Feb 8, 2017, 8:19 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

And to answer the question...

I think you need to specifically book to ZJV (Abu Dhabi Bus Station) to get the free transfer. Not sure if you can do that on an F award.

Mixing with a lot of smelly Y passengers would not be my idea of fun. I think I need to go for a lie down just thinking about it!
Old Feb 8, 2017, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
And to answer the question...

I think you need to specifically book to ZJV (Abu Dhabi Bus Station) to get the free transfer. Not sure if you can do that on an F award.

Mixing with a lot of smelly Y passengers would not be my idea of fun. I think I need to go for a lie down just thinking about it!
I actually doubt you'd get on the bus I agree. They'd point you to the chauffeur drive or think you were a bit slow.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 9:34 am

I actually doubt you'd get on the bus I agree. They'd point you to the chauffeur drive or think you were a bit slow.
You can call EK to add it to the booking, doesn't specifically (unless changed in the last year!) need ZVJ as the destination.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:12 am

My question was if i would be eligible to use the free service that is provided for free to the economy passengers.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by kaiotes
My question was if i would be eligible to use the free service that is provided for free to the economy passengers.
Technically it is for Economy class passengers only - you would need to call EK in any case to book it so if you give them a call you may find an agent willing to book it for you.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: DL Silver - uh huh!
I will be on a four-leg EK trip (on 3 different days: 1-1-2 legs). I'd like to credit the second leg to AS and the other three to B6.

Will I need to (will it work to) put in my B6 FF number initially, then change it to AS after the first leg, and then change it back to B6 after the second leg?

The ticket will be booked by a TA. Can she put in the B6 FF number for 3 legs and AS for 1? Or is that risking things getting mixed up badly? I don't want but the one leg credited to AS.

Thanks!
Old Feb 10, 2017, 12:21 pm

Hi there,
Newby here so sorry if I post in the wrong thread or the pic doesn't upload.

I'm flying EK from SYD to Europe via DXB.
Normally EK operates 3 class A388 for that route but when I booked my ticket, the seat config was shown as below, which looks like 2 class A388 seat configuration (there are 3 seats on each rear side of row 80)
Are there any possibility that EK have changed SYD DXB route with 2 class A388?

Also
why do the seat from row 82 to 86 was not shown?

Thanks in advance.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old Feb 11, 2017, 12:17 am

I have read that EK is generous regarding carry on allowance. My Bolero 37L is good for Star Alliance (55x40x23cm) but obviously not Emirates with stricter allowances: 45x35x20 :-(

So i'm a little bit hesitant to take it with me on my CAI-DXB-BKK-USM trip in F, what do you guys think?
Old Feb 11, 2017, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by ctrlf
I have read that EK is generous regarding carry on allowance. My Bolero 37L is good for Star Alliance (55x40x23cm) but obviously not Emirates with stricter allowances: 45x35x20 :-(

So i'm a little bit hesitant to take it with me on my CAI-DXB-BKK-USM trip in F, what do you guys think?

If it's too big tricky. Size is more an issue than weight
Old Feb 11, 2017, 2:46 am

Can you afford to be seperated from what's in it, or do you have a Plan "B" if you're told to check it?

It's always going to be a gamble, and even if the odds are in your favour (as they are here IMO) it pays to think "what if".
Old Feb 11, 2017, 5:37 am

In F? I will be very surprised if you have a problem.

BKK-USM might be a small problem depending on the aircraft involved, but I don't think you will.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
In F? I will be very surprised if you have a problem.

BKK-USM might be a small problem depending on the aircraft involved, but I don't think you will.
Whoops completely missed the F Part. Yeah then it should be perfectly fine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.