Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by chris19992
Tried to search for this but no avail.
Does anyone know if the USB ports provide enough power to charge a phone?

Had hit and miss success on other airline's 777's USB ports for charging.
Depends which plane you have - the ones with very newest ICE are fully powered if you use the blue glowing USB port with power logo so will charge anything.

Older ICE models will only provide around 0.2A (0.5A max) so it won't charge if you use a smartphone during charge but if it's in airplane mode with display off it will be sufficient.

YMMV with tablets and low power USB.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:21 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Good news, Thank you
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:30 am

Worth bearing in mind that most of the fleet have universal plug sockets in all seats in J/F and every 2 seats in Y so you can always charge there.

For aircraft with two prong only there are on board adapters.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
About to book LHR-DXB-HND//KIX-DXB-LHR in F, with a 2 night stopover in DXB on the way back. I know there's no chauffeur service in KIX, but the info screen is suggesting that I don't get it on the stopover in DXB either - is that correct?

Not an issue if so, just find it a bit odd
Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
About to book LHR-DXB-HND//KIX-DXB-LHR in F, with a 2 night stopover in DXB on the way back. I know there's no chauffeur service in KIX, but the info screen is suggesting that I don't get it on the stopover in DXB either - is that correct?

Online interface may say no, but you should get one if you go up to the desk in DXB - they can pull up the full itinerary and see the stopover.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Online interface may say no, but you should get one if you go up to the desk in DXB - they can pull up the full itinerary and see the stopover.
Thank you - would that include being able to book a pickup for before the final leg home?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 11:28 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Thank you - would that include being able to book a pickup for before the final leg home?
It's probably worth phoning, and getting it booked in advance. It sounds like an EK IT issue again...
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:43 pm

Excellent, thanks all (and hope you're well DYKWIA)
Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:16 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold

You'll be so thankful for F on the HnD leg for the car service and back from kix as that's a long flight.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by m3red
You'll be so thankful for F on the HnD leg for the car service and back from kix as that's a long flight.
I've got MEL-DXB and then pretty much straight on to DXB-LHR next month - that might end me
Old Jan 17, 2017, 4:31 am

I've got MEL-DXB and then pretty much straight on to DXB-LHR next month - that might end me
in Y yes in F - you'll be ok
Old Jan 17, 2017, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by m3red
in Y yes in F - you'll be ok
I'm in J. Should be ok as long as I sleep at some point
Old Jan 19, 2017, 3:56 am

Programs: Skywards, FlyingBlue
Hello,

My family is travelling CDG-DXB-MCT in february.
I just found out by randomly logging into the website that there was a schedule change for our flight. We were supposed to have a 2h55 connection in DXB which got changed to an 8hrs layover. Normally this wouldn't bother us much as we would just go in the city or something, but basically those 8hrs will be at night time, with the CDG flight landing at midnight and the MCT flight departing at 8 am. We are only travelling for a few days, so not really looking forward to spending the night in the airport.

The reservation is on top of that on a saver Y ticket (though flex for return), and we dont have status anymore.

Question is what can be done to make this a bit more bearable before I click on accept changes? is there any room for negotiation here (doubtful i know..)
Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by missal
Hello,

My family is travelling CDG-DXB-MCT in february.
I just found out by randomly logging into the website that there was a schedule change for our flight. We were supposed to have a 2h55 connection in DXB which got changed to an 8hrs layover. Normally this wouldn't bother us much as we would just go in the city or something, but basically those 8hrs will be at night time, with the CDG flight landing at midnight and the MCT flight departing at 8 am. We are only travelling for a few days, so not really looking forward to spending the night in the airport.

The reservation is on top of that on a saver Y ticket (though flex for return), and we dont have status anymore.

Question is what can be done to make this a bit more bearable before I click on accept changes? is there any room for negotiation here (doubtful i know..)
Is it 8h or more or just under 8h? Call EK and ask if they will provide a hotel for the transit. Check it there is a flight combination with better times and call EK and ask to switch to those times.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:26 am

Programs: Skywards, FlyingBlue
Thanks for your reply.

It's more than 8hrs (8h15min).

There's a later flight from CDG but this would only give 1h10 connection time which is why the option doesn't appear on the website when trying to make a new reservation I guess?

Also when searching for DXB-MCT flights on the emirates website, there's an Oman air one departing slightly earlier, but this wouldn't change the problem by much (would probably make it worse), and we would rather fly Emirates (and stay in the same terminal at dxb).

I guess the best solution would be to try and get a hotel from them then?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.