Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2017, 9:37 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by john11111111111
I mean it was stated during the booking process (subject to availability of course).

Anyway, I will wait until T-48 and hope both legs open up, and if not, just book the one available.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: skywards
Per-dxb j with kids row 16 or 23

Hi doing our second j flight in June. Departing Perth at 10.10pm. already quite heavily booked and can only get row 16, 2 adults 2 kids, aged 8 and 10. Row 23 in mini cabin still available. Should I go for row 23 and hope for a quiet night at the bar or stick with 16? Thank you.

Last edited by JODIEA; Jan 10, 2017 at 5:23 am Reason: Not clear
Old Jan 10, 2017, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by JODIEA
Hi doing our second j flight in June. Departing Perth at 10.10pm. already quite heavily booked and can only get row 16, 2 adults 2 kids. Row 23 in mini cabin still available. Should I go for row 23 and hope for a quiet night at the bar or stick with 16? Thank you.
Age of kids? The title of your post made me think kids are 16 and 23 years old, this could be confusing to others who have more knowledge of the A380 J cabin to reply (I'm unfortunately always stuck in 777s).
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:11 am

Programs: Skywards gold
So I have heard about people getting phone calls from EK asking them to switch flights due to overbooking. If you see your flight it sold out on line then it is reasonable to assume it is sold out? If this is the case, has anyone experience of phoning EK volunteering to be put on an earlier/later flight?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 7:31 am

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum, and had a question.

I currently have 120,000 skywards miles, and wanted to travel to DXB from LHR sometime this year and go either Business or First class. There will be two of us travelling.

What would be the best way of using my miles?

thanks
Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by haaris195
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum, and had a question.

I currently have 120,000 skywards miles, and wanted to travel to DXB from LHR sometime this year and go either Business or First class. There will be two of us travelling.

What would be the best way of using my miles?

thanks
Pay for Economy and upgrade with miles to business or pay for business and upgrade with miles to first. Call EK to check upgrade availability and then book his phone and have them immediately upgrade you on the same call
Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Tom Jackson
So I have heard about people getting phone calls from EK asking them to switch flights due to overbooking. If you see your flight it sold out on line then it is reasonable to assume it is sold out? If this is the case, has anyone experience of phoning EK volunteering to be put on an earlier/later flight?
I've not heard of this but I'd be cautious and ask about compensation. If you're denied boarding at the airport due to overbooking you get a free return ticket from EK (their policy, not a legal obligation). I've got an overbooked flight coming up and actually hoping they offer me this (will offer at check-in that I'd be willing to go the next day if they offer the free return as comp). However EK load management is very good and most flights are overbooked without requiring offloading.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:19 am

Programs: ALL Gold, MPC Silver
Concourse B used more frequently than A nowadays?

5 months ago I was on ICN-DXB-LGW and both my arriving and departing flights were at A concourse and I noticed that most 380 flights to major cities left from A.

Now I'll be flying the same route tomorrow and when I check the Dubai Airports site DXB-LGW (EK015) now seems to be using B concourse for the past few days along with a lot of 380 flights? Have EK been using the B concourse a lot more these days?

(FYI I like the A concourse J lounge a lot more than the B concourse J lounge)
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:48 am

They use A, B and C all to their max capacity.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Pay for Economy and upgrade with miles to business or pay for business and upgrade with miles to first. Call EK to check upgrade availability and then book his phone and have them immediately upgrade you on the same call
I tried to do this, but they told me i could only do this at check in?

In my recent flight (Nov-16) from LHR -> DXB, and DXB - > LHR, both times i was told I was unable to get an upgrade. Considering the flight gets quite busy was wondering if it was worth it to do cash + miles for F or Business?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by haaris195
I tried to do this, but they told me i could only do this at check in?

In my recent flight (Nov-16) from LHR -> DXB, and DXB - > LHR, both times i was told I was unable to get an upgrade. Considering the flight gets quite busy was wondering if it was worth it to do cash + miles for F or Business?
If you have a Saver fare you can only upgrade at check-in, or if there is no availability then at check-in you can upgrade on space-available basis. That is why I suggested call and check for availability first, otherwise yes cash+miles is an option but the value is not great. You would get about 800-900$ or so in discount for 120k miles.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 2:07 am

If you have a Saver fare you can only upgrade at check-in, or if there is no availability then at check-in you can upgrade on space-available basis. That is why I suggested call and check for availability first, otherwise yes cash+miles is an option but the value is not great. You would get about 800-900$ or so in discount for 120k miles.
thanks - would you suggest its better to book an Economy Flex fare then call up and upgrade to business?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 6:14 am

I've not heard of this but I'd be cautious and ask about compensation. If you're denied boarding at the airport due to overbooking you get a free return ticket from EK (their policy, not a legal obligation). I've got an overbooked flight coming up and actually hoping they offer me this (will offer at check-in that I'd be willing to go the next day if they offer the free return as comp). However EK load management is very good and most flights are overbooked without requiring offloading.
They do call here in DXB.

You get a free return flight.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by m3red

I also got a call in BKK when they were trying to offload for the return flight to DXB.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by m3red

Twitter to the rescue, figured I'd take a shot at the free flight, since I'm quite flexible. Sent them a message saying I'm willing to move to another flight and if they can add it to the PNR notes, got this reply after ~10 mins:

Hi skywardhunter,

I've put a check in note in the booking that you're willing to take the denied boarding voucher; but, this is not a guarantee.

Let me know if you have further queries.

Regards,
N........, Emirates Social Media Team
To which I said I understand, thanks, have a great day and got a "You, too" back in 10 seconds!! Impressive!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.