Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2017, 12:09 am
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue

Hi All

Welcome to the EK Forum and the new Newbie Thread for 2017.

If you are new to Flyertalk or flying with Emirates and have a question, then please feel free to post in this thread (No flaming allowed).

Please also have a look at our 2016 thread and the forum dashboard for loads of information passed on already by all of our contributors.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...dashboard.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...ee-2016-a.html

Safe & Happy Travels

Saltire74
Old Jan 1, 2017, 12:26 am
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
And I'll kick this thread of with a question I should know the answer to but don't

My original question in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...ec-16-a-2.html post#20.

When does the ability to get a miles upgrade for the combined lower mileage cease to become available? OLCI opens in a few hours. If upgrade availability becomes available within the 48 period of my first flight for the second part of my journey, would I still have the ability to get the combined upgrade mileage cost if I haven't completed OLCI or is the only available option from this time a space available upgrade meaning the higher mileage cost?

Cheers

S
Old Jan 1, 2017, 12:32 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Saltire74
And I'll kick this thread of with a question I should know the answer to but don't

My original question in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...ec-16-a-2.html post#20.

When does the ability to get a miles upgrade for the combined lower mileage cease to become available? OLCI opens in a few hours. If upgrade availability becomes available within the 48 period of my first flight for the second part of my journey, would I still have the ability to get the combined upgrade mileage cost if I haven't completed OLCI or is the only available option from this time a space available upgrade meaning the higher mileage cost?

Cheers

S
You can call and they can check you out again (or uncheck you in?) And hopefully process the upgrade for the lower cost. It control is with the airport they'd have to send a message to the airport to uncheck you in (check you out) and once done can help. I had this before at dub when trying to make some or other change which in the end I didn't but they unchecked me in (checked me out?) By sending a message to airport few hours before departure. Took 20 mins
Old Jan 1, 2017, 12:38 am
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
You can call and they can check you out again (or uncheck you in?) And hopefully process the upgrade for the lower cost. It control is with the airport they'd have to send a message to the airport to uncheck you in (check you out) and once done can help. I had this before at dub when trying to make some or other change which in the end I didn't but they unchecked me in (checked me out?) By sending a message to airport few hours before departure. Took 20 mins
Cheers skywardhunter. I'll hold off OLCI till later to keep things as uncomplicated as possible in the hope the availability opens up.

Can't wait to get out of here, current AQI at 598

S
Old Jan 1, 2017, 12:53 am

Cheers skywardhunter. I'll hold off OLCI till later to keep things as uncomplicated as possible in the hope the availability opens up.

Can't wait to get out of here, current AQI at 598

S
Down to 171 here! Happy new year!
Old Jan 1, 2017, 12:57 am
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Down to 171 here! Happy new year!
Happy new year. I use 2 different AQI Apps and on one of them last night when it was showing 530, where it would normally say 'Hazardous', it said 'Flee to Bali :-)'. Think the site admin at the time were getting a few down their neck and enjoying the new year celebrations a bit too much

S
Old Jan 1, 2017, 1:14 am

Happy new year. I use 2 different AQI Apps and on one of them last night when it was showing 530, where it would normally say 'Hazardous', it said 'Flee to Bali :-)'. Think the site admin at the time were getting a few down their neck and enjoying the new year celebrations a bit too much

S
not that Bali is known for amazing air quality either in certain parts, but now we're quite off topic
Old Jan 1, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
Hello and Happy New Year!

Today with the new year I have also just booked my first flight with Emirates!

I have booked an LGW-DXB-BKK as part of an Emirates Holiday booking in J class.

Is it possible to assign seats when on an Emirates Holiday booking (given these are not issued until 10 weeks or so before departure)? Also is it free to assign seats in Business Class?

Thanks for your help!
Old Jan 1, 2017, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by CX828
Hello and Happy New Year!

Today with the new year I have also just booked my first flight with Emirates!

I have booked an LGW-DXB-BKK as part of an Emirates Holiday booking in J class.

Is it possible to assign seats when on an Emirates Holiday booking (given these are not issued until 10 weeks or so before departure)? Also is it free to assign seats in Business Class?

Thanks for your help!
Not sure about EK Holidays but it is free in J
Old Jan 3, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: Star Alliance
This isn't worth its own thread and I really doubt anyone will know for sure but worth a try because I'm curious.

Does anyone have any idea why EK338 was diverted to SGN on the 1st?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Seat selection

Hi all,

First time here in flyertalk, just realised what an amazing resource this can be for anyone.

I have a question regarding seat selection, when will emirates release the blocked seats for selection? referring to F in particular, e.g. i see row 2 in the 77W as not available for selection

not too sure if this has been answered before, if so please point me to the right direction thanks
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by babybleur
Hi all,

First time here in flyertalk, just realised what an amazing resource this can be for anyone.

I have a question regarding seat selection, when will emirates release the blocked seats for selection? referring to F in particular, e.g. i see row 2 in the 77W as not available for selection

not too sure if this has been answered before, if so please point me to the right direction thanks
Check-in generally. My understanding is physical check-in not online. Basically when the flight goes to airport control.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:47 pm
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Hi babyleur and welcome to the EK forum.

I can't post the link just now but please have a look at the forum dashboard and please make yourself at home here. We are a friendly bunch and there is a wealth of experience when it comes to flying Emirates.

As as for your question, is there any particular reason you wish for the seats in row 2? I seem to recall that it was mentioned before that they may be classed as bassinet seats which may affect choosing them. There are some drawbacks to the row 2 seats as the J bassinet designated seats are right behind row 2. In the past I have went for row 1 if available. Others with more experience will be along to help.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:51 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
ok cool! thanks a lot
having my first F flight in EK so trying to understand how it all works and make the best out of it
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:52 pm

Hi babyleur and welcome to the EK forum.

I can't post the link just now but please have a look at the forum dashboard and please make yourself at home here. We are a friendly bunch and there is a wealth of experience when it comes to flying Emirates.

As as for your question, is there any particular reason you wish for the seats in row 2? I seem to recall that it was mentioned before that they may be classed as bassinet seats which may affect choosing them. There are some drawbacks to the row 2 seats as the J bassinet designated seats are right behind row 2. In the past I have went for row 1 if available. Others with more experience will be along to help.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
2K is commonly quoted as the best seat in F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.