Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y
They use substitutes, in your case most likely Turkey rashers. They don't stock pork in their lounges or non-halal food options. Pork is a huge no go area,
have a drink but no pork hahahah
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: AA EXP Hilton Diamond
Lounge access in DXB

I'm flying BOS-DXB-BLR. I'm on a business saver ticket. I upgraded the BOS-DXB leg to F. What lounge can I access in DXB?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by pbuntrock
I'm flying BOS-DXB-BLR. I'm on a business saver ticket. I upgraded the BOS-DXB leg to F. What lounge can I access in DXB?
You will be able to access the Emirates Business Class lounges in concourse A, B and C as well as the Emirates lounge in concourse C.

No access to the Emirates First class lounges, unless you pay an additional USD105 for 4 hours upon entry.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 12:11 am

Or are a Skywards Platinum member.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 5:25 pm

Flying EK to DXB from FLL in 10 days. Lounge at FLL?
Also, upon arrival in DXB, we have 8 hour layover before continuing on to Cape Town, SA. Deciding to stay in one of the lounges instead of the Dubai Connect option. Agent at Emirates says its not worth going through immigration, leaving airport and then having to go through security and immigration etc to continue to Cape Town. Thoughts? Flying in J. So are lounges good, open 24 hours? connecting flight departs @ 4am... would like to relax and possibly shower, etc. Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by budg; Dec 5, 2018 at 9:33 pm Reason: Topping
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:33 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
I am surprised the situation at AMS has not been resolved so far, with 3 daily flights operating now I would have thought its time EK invested in a Schiphol lounge.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:05 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by budg
Also, upon arrival in DXB, we have 8 hour layover before continuing on to Cape Town, SA. Deciding to stay in one of the lounges instead of the Dubai Connect option. Agent at Emirates says its not worth going through immigration, leaving airport and then having to go through security and immigration etc to continue to Cape Town. Thoughts? Flying in J. So are lounges good, open 24 hours? connecting flight departs @ 4am... would like to relax and possibly shower, etc. Thanks for any advice.
Lounges are 24/7 and very busy around that time. 8hrs is right in the edge, it could be worth it deowndideon immigration wait
Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:04 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Zol
I am surprised the situation at AMS has not been resolved so far, with 3 daily flights operating now I would have thought its time EK invested in a Schiphol lounge.
I think they'd like to - but there's just not enough room. The only non-KLM lounges are the BA lounge (crap) and the Aspire lounge (crap). there is definitely potential for a more premium lounge (Plaza Premium etc.), if only there were space.

There is a new pier being built an the Schengen end, so I wonder if they'll move the immigration desks a bit to free up some room?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I think they'd like to - but there's just not enough room. The only non-KLM lounges are the BA lounge (crap) and the Aspire lounge (crap). there is definitely potential for a more premium lounge (Plaza Premium etc.), if only there were space.

There is a new pier being built an the Schengen end, so I wonder if they'll move the immigration desks a bit to free up some room?
Aspire has self-tapped Heineken at least. It's not much, especially since it's Heineken. But it's something
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Lounges are 24/7 and very busy around that time. 8hrs is right in the edge, it could be worth it deowndideon immigration wait
sirry did not understand last part?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:17 am

sirry did not understand last part?
damn autocorrect. depending on immigration
budg likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
I don't think immigration at DXB is ever particularly bad especially if you have an egate passport, but I haven't cleared at that time but I do know it is a busy transit time. I would totally go to Le Meridien which is right by the airport (take less than 5 min to get to) and check in etc is usually quick. Privacy, nice bed, shower and maybe even a quick meal or nap.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Does anyone know any information about which lounge that Emirates contracts in SAW? Any information would be appreciated.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:39 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Walked by the lounge (C) and there were four rows, with queues 5 deep waiting to go in. Busy time of the day I suppose but I do not really use the C lounge, is it normally that busy to get in or is this now the result of the double tier miles offer...?

B is not crazy busy though..
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:55 pm

Hi guys, just a quick check. LHR-DXB-MEL with an upgrade by miles only through the website (not a special/targeted offer) for the DXB-MEL leg, 1) Y ticket upgraded to J gets J lounge, 2) J ticket upgraded to F gets F lounge in DXB? Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.