Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
You can stay in the lounge the entire 9hrs if you want to. 4h restrictions is only if you pay for access
THX!
So I can go to the lounge, visit Dubai for 3 hours and go back to the lounge too (I'm not sure is it worth visit the lounge twice timewise)?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:35 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by SwissTom
THX!
So I can go to the lounge, visit Dubai for 3 hours and go back to the lounge too (I'm not sure is it worth visit the lounge twice timewise)?
Yes, but this requires going the wrong way through transit security to get to immigration (not an issue, many do it)
SwissTom likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 12:52 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
A quick question asking for recent experiences. Flying in F from Tokyo Haneda next month - assuming the JAL F lounge is still open (and it dooesn't look like it will be closing for renovations until October at the earliest) - do EK F passengers get to use this lounge or must they use the Sakura Lounge?
Thanks.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by SwissTom
THX!
You can visit the lounge as many times as you like within 24hrs prior to your scheduled departure.
SwissTom likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 1:39 am

Yes, but this requires going the wrong way through transit security to get to immigration (not an issue, many do it)
You can visit the lounge as many times as you like within 24hrs prior to your scheduled departure.
Many thanks.
It sounds very good and I can decide what to do next when I'm landing in Dubai.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Can I use the lounge at LHR?

I used 39k Skywards miles to upgrade from Y to J on my LHR-DXB flight. Can I use the lounge at LHR before my flight?

And Fast Track security?

Last edited by oceanscape; Sep 1, 2019 at 12:55 pm
Old Sep 1, 2019, 1:44 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by oceanscape
I used 39k Skywards miles to upgrade from Y to J on my LHR-DXB flight. Can I use the lounge at LHR before my flight?

And Fast Track security?
Yes to both questions.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by Wapps68

Ok, thank you. I believe champagne is available to purchase. It would be a bit odd if EK hasn’t covered the cost, at least for F pax (although that would be awkward if it were only F).

I’m looking forward to the DP though!
For the benefit of anyone in future, I did the Stansted flight and can confirm that the Escape Lounge serves champagne to EK pax. There is a section just for EK pax at the back of the lounge and there is champagne behind the back wall of that area. There was an attendant there the whole time, and she seemed to be responsible for offering champagne and keeping everyone topped up. It was the same champagne that they serve to regular flyers in the lounge (but who have to pay for it). It wasn’t too bad, but obviously no match for the Dom onboard. Also, another Stansted tip is to be aware that there might be a huge queue to get into the Escape lounge, but EK pax can walk straight to the front and go straight in. There was no clear signposting of this outside the entrance to the lounge (where folk were queuing), so a point to be aware of.

New F Suite was absolutely wonderful.
flyertalker0039238 and Will08 like this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 3:40 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
The food at Dubai F lounge is phenomenal. Better than some high end restaurant food I have had. I had just woken up and it was dinner time from where I had come from so I ordered almost the entire menu spanning many different cuisines. The sushi, the made to order dishes were all really exquisite.

Its amazing that they can pretty much serve you anything you want at any time of the day. I know it’s a hassle, but if I have to night over for a 12-18 hour layover, I don’t mind going into the terminal past security. This way I get to grab a free dinner that’s probably better food then I would get outside and have to pay for.

What are people’s opinions on tipping? I normally leave $5-10 since the staff work really hard and are usually away from their families working in Dubai. It’s also the American in me that has the tipping culture especially when they really do an excellent job. But I almost never see anyone else tip.
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 4:23 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
The food at Dubai F lounge is phenomenal. Better than some high end restaurant food I have had. I had just woken up and it was dinner time from where I had come from so I ordered almost the entire menu spanning many different cuisines. The sushi, the made to order dishes were all really exquisite.

Its amazing that they can pretty much serve you anything you want at any time of the day. I know it’s a hassle, but if I have to night over for a 12-18 hour layover, I don’t mind going into the terminal past security. This way I get to grab a free dinner that’s probably better food then I would get outside and have to pay for.

What are people’s opinions on tipping? I normally leave $5-10 since the staff work really hard and are usually away from their families working in Dubai. It’s also the American in me that has the tipping culture especially when they really do an excellent job. But I almost never see anyone else tip.
I agree - the food in the DXB F lounge(s) is usually of a very good quality and presentation. I've had a couple of dishes over the years that I would not order again but that was more to do with my palate at the time than the food itself.

I tend to overnight in the DXB airport hotel (airside above the dutyfree shops and lounges) and pop into the lounge for dinner, drinks and a cigar, returning the next day for an early lunch before continuing my journey.

I am not generally a 'tipper person' or leave a tip for someone who has merely done their job - but last time (and for the first time in the lounge) gave an AED100 tip to the waiter who had been providing me with truly memorable and exceptional service, from welcoming me, setting the table, enquiring about my specific wishes, sourcing a very special bottle of red to talking me through the menu, recommending dishes and presenting everything perfectly. On top of being super friendly, professional and pleasant to deal with.
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 3:12 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

If you went to a TV store and bought a new TV, would you tip the sales assistant?

Americans that tip in places where it is not expected should be banned from travelling
thijsseh, Zol, Carl380 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by DYKWIA; Sep 13, 2019 at 12:38 am
Old Sep 12, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: OneWorld, Aeroplan,StarAlliance
Jesus Christ ! You should never tip in the Middle East ! That’s embarrassing..
Old Sep 12, 2019, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I understand ... it's ingrained in US culture to tip and you'd feel uncomfortable not doing so.

But this is the UAE, not the USA and that why you almost never see anyone else do so.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 2:25 am

Need a quick check, do F PAX with no status still have the ability to guest a fellow PAX on the same flight to the F/J Lounge in Dubai? Seems to be an unpublished privilege.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 3:38 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by Carl380
Jesus Christ ! You should never tip in the Middle East ! That’s embarrassing..
You never tip anywhere in the middle east?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.