Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2018, 2:55 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Being my weekly commute airport, I've got access to the Privium lounges, which are a lot better than all the lounges at AMS. But that's not saying much...
Old Feb 18, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: Ex-5C club, Skymiles Gold
EK/Air Mauritius partner lounge at MRU this afternoon was half closed today with only the downstairs open. No explanation given when asked other than please go to the left and not upstairs. Too bad because it is actually quite a decent lounge. The downstairs half was crazy overcrowded and hot. No available seats for a pair of us. Mrs. and I decided to head to the other end of the concourse to the PP Nenuphar lounge and it had more employees than people. Food choice was terrible but being the only ones in the lounge was great. Sat by one of the crazy looking AC ducts in the lounge and it is complete bliss. Hopefully EK will put us into A when we arrive in DXB as we far prefer this F lounge. Prebooked spa appointments so in any case it won’t be terrible. First world problems, I know. Not sure if m3red had the same experience a week or so ago out of MRU?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:25 pm

Has anyone recently departed from JFK and can report on the lounge situation? My understanding is there was a voucher for terminal food outlets given to J/F passengers due to the lounge closure. What is the voucher value?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Originally Posted by Kangol
Has anyone recently departed from JFK and can report on the lounge situation? My understanding is there was a voucher for terminal food outlets given to J/F passengers due to the lounge closure. What is the voucher value?
As biz pax we got a voucher for $40 each. I think First get a voucher for $55. Would far prefer to have the lounge back....
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:20 pm

Any updates on the opening of the JFK first class lounge?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:28 am

Skywards commemorative deserts...in DXB lounges this week only

Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:17 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Flying EK763 (DXB-JNB) later this month and excited to be trying First class on the A380 for the first time. I see it's a total lottery as to which concourse (A/B/C gates) it departs from so was after some advice on which First lounge is best for a quick breakfast and spa treatment. I tried the Councourse A First lounge a few years ago when flying Qantas but guess things have moved on? Grateful for any tips/advice. Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:37 pm

Programs: Ex-5C club, Skymiles Gold
Prebook your spa appointments at [email protected] and they will follow you to your departure concourse whatever it may be. However Mrs. and I have had some luck recently in showing up to the best Timeless spa located just outside the First A Lounge and having them honor the appointments even if we were flying out of B or C. In my opinion A is still the best F lounge by far. The entrance to B is still under construction I believe and in any case it isn’t as special as A. Just leave enough time to be able to get to your gate if not flying out of A. Enjoy your flight!
Work-Shy likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 3:36 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Flaneurs
Prebook your spa appointments at [email protected] and they will follow you to your departure concourse whatever it may be. However Mrs. and I have had some luck recently in showing up to the best Timeless spa located just outside the First A Lounge and having them honor the appointments even if we were flying out of B or C. In my opinion A is still the best F lounge by far. The entrance to B is still under construction I believe and in any case it isn’t as special as A. Just leave enough time to be able to get to your gate if not flying out of A. Enjoy your flight!
Same for the J lounges, as long as you have >2hrs lounge time and your gate is not C1 - C22-ish I go for the A lounge. lower C gates are further away, so a C5 is a good 30 mins walk from the A lounges incl the train
Old Mar 9, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Same for the J lounges, as long as you have >2hrs lounge time and your gate is not C1 - C22-ish I go for the A lounge. lower C gates are further away, so a C5 is a good 30 mins walk from the A lounges incl the train
At least 30 mins - did it last week and timed it: 41 minutes from A (F) lounge to C5. Escalator and lift maintenance, crowds, building activities at C...
Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by XXTSGR
At least 30 mins - did it last week and timed it: 41 minutes from A (F) lounge to C5. Escalator and lift maintenance, crowds, building activities at C...
Yeah, royal pain. Had C5 (or C4, can't remember) the other day, just went straight to the lounge at the far end of C, that is only open until 10am, near C8 or so, was pleasantly surprised, quite a nice lounge actually.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 3:00 am

Programs: Skywards Silver
C25 last week, and probably the worst F lounge I've ever been in. That's after a 30 plus minute walk and train.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:17 pm

Emirates Lounge Access at FCO

I'm flying out of Rome next week on Emirates in economy and was wondering what my options are as a QF Gold (OW Sapphire). QF Gold normally have access to Emirates lounges when flying on EK but I understand the Emirates lounge at FCO is closed. According to their website business passengers can use one of the Alitalia Lounges but does this extend to FFs?

Thanks!
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Welcome to FY, I don't know the answer but I've asked a MOD to move your post to the EK forum where people will have a better general knowledge of the EK-QF relationship & access at FCO.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk ma127 and welcome to the Lounges forum in particular. Thank you very much for your question, to which unfortunately I don't know the answer. While you work your way around how this forum works, I'll just move this thread over to the lovely people in the Emirates forum, who will be better placed to give a better answer. It's probably a little confusing but the Lounges forum is more about paid access facilities, so there may yet be an answer there! But welcome on board, and I very much hope to see more of you in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.