Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:25 am

First Class Lounge JFK

I understand the F class lounge is being renovated. Anyone have info on a completion date? A call to Emirates didn't help....
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:48 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bebop bonnie
I understand the F class lounge is being renovated. Anyone have info on a completion date? A call to Emirates didn't help....
The JFK lounge (Just like all EK Lounges outside of DXB) is a shared J/F lounge. Yes it is being renovated, last I heard was sometime in February was planned to be the completion, but I don't know if that is still set in stone. You will get a voucher to use at any of the restaurants in T4.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by S.R
The JFK lounge (Just like all EK Lounges outside of DXB) is a shared J/F lounge. Yes it is being renovated, last I heard was sometime in February was planned to be the completion, but I don't know if that is still set in stone. You will get a voucher to use at any of the restaurants in T4.
One would think Tony Soprano is in charge of the reno with how long its taking...
Old Feb 10, 2018, 1:34 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold
My wife daughter & I have an upcoming return flight in J BKK-LHR. On the return leg, LHR-DXB, we will be joined by 3 of my Wife's family for a short stop-over in DXB - they are flying Y.

I would like to get them access to the Emirates Lounge at T3 but do not want them to know that they have had to pay to get in. Is there any way that I could prepay for their entry?
Old Feb 10, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by semtex1871
My wife daughter & I have an upcoming return flight in J BKK-LHR. On the return leg, LHR-DXB, we will be joined by 3 of my Wife's family for a short stop-over in DXB - they are flying Y.

I would like to get them access to the Emirates Lounge at T3 but do not want them to know that they have had to pay to get in. Is there any way that I could prepay for their entry?
Not that I'm aware but why not ask them to have a seta at a bench near the entrance or wait back together while you go "sort things out" and then they don't see you pay
Old Feb 10, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Not that I'm aware but why not ask them to have a seta at a bench near the entrance or wait back together while you go "sort things out" and then they don't see you pay
"okay guys, you all just wait here while I go and sort out the guest passes" is how it will probably pan out!!!!
Old Feb 10, 2018, 2:36 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
The lounge used by EK in Yangon at T3 is the the Mingalabar lounge shared w1th all the major airlines.Whilst not really up to the dedicated lounges in the UK it was good airport lounge-decent F&B and great facilities
We have used this lounge three times, once using Priority Pass, once Bangkok Airways and this time Emirates. The food offering is very good with hot and cold options and there is a full bar. Good free WiFi and immaculate toilets and showers. Work zone and private rooms for meetings. Great views of the tarmac and runway.
Really charming and friendly smiling staff, so typical of Myanmar.
SS
Old Feb 17, 2018, 4:47 am

Programs: Aegean
Emirtes lounge AMS

I will travel with Emirates in C from Amsterdam in a few months. Emirates does not have a lounge at AMS and is using the Aspire lounge. In older trip reports I saw they give you a choice between the Aspire lounge or a food/beverage voucher of €35. Is that still the case?
Old Feb 17, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by TKtraveller
I will travel with Emirates in C from Amsterdam in a few months. Emirates does not have a lounge at AMS and is using the Aspire lounge. In older trip reports I saw they give you a choice between the Aspire lounge or a food/beverage voucher of €35. Is that still the case?
I wasn't given a choice in November, I only had the option of the lounge.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, KLM Flying blue, Qatar Airways Privilege club, GHA Discovery
Unfortunately not.
+ I would not recommend the Aspire lounge ...
Old Feb 17, 2018, 6:52 am

No vouchers anymore
Old Feb 17, 2018, 2:39 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
In September, no voucher offer, only lounge. (October 2016 there was a choice between lounge and voucher with the latter being recommended by the checkin agent). Was not as disappointing as I expected after having read the opinions on FT. Far from a ‘proper’ EK lounge, but ok for a contract lounge.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I must admit that I prefer the Aspire lounge over the BA lounge next door
Old Feb 17, 2018, 4:51 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
It is quite grim other than the pour your own Heineken from a keg.

They also have this really silly agreement with Singapore Airlines that lets them cordon off 1/3 of the seats for their passengers and leaves everyone else clambering for a seat.

Id take the voucher and sit in a restaurant.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 12:37 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Guess it also depends on which flight you are on. For the late (10pm) flight it was not that terribly crowded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.