Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:30 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
There's nothing about how long it will be closed unfortunately. I'm guessing they'll want it back open before the holiday travel season so probably early December latest (hopefully).

Its on the travel updates page. I was checking to see if they posted anything about the IAH flights being cancelled because of the hurricane, and scrolled down and noticed the update about the JFK lounge.
Here's a link-
https://www.emirates.com/english/help/travel-updates.aspx#/#3333
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by S.R
There's nothing about how long it will be closed unfortunately. I'm guessing they'll want it back open before the holiday travel season so probably early December latest (hopefully).

Its on the travel updates page. I was checking to see if they posted anything about the IAH flights being cancelled because of the hurricane, and scrolled down and noticed the update about the JFK lounge.
Here's a link-
https://www.emirates.com/english/hel...es.aspx#/#3333
Thanks, I just found it. I can't believe that Emirates cannot make arrangements to allow access to another airline's lounge. As a FC passenger traveling on Emirates this makes me a very unhappy camper!!!
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
A voucher for a restaurant will definitely not replace the lounge experience. Also surprised they haven't arranged to use another lounge for the duration of the closure. FYI Priority Pass members have access to the Wingtips lounge in Terminal 4 if EK don't arrange any alternative lounge access.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:38 am
S.R

Originally Posted by laf747
Thanks, I just found it. I can't believe that Emirates cannot make arrangements to allow access to another airline's lounge. As a FC passenger traveling on Emirates this makes me a very unhappy camper!!!
I agree, but I don't know where they could find a lounge with enough space for all F/J. The Virgin clubhouse is already quite crowded, Swiss lounge is crowded, I doubt Etihad would help EK, Delta skyclub wouldn't be a possibility (Lol), the air india lounge is the size of the bathroom in the EK lounge, and there's one more contract lounge which is also under renovations right now.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:40 am
S.R

Originally Posted by dwugson
A voucher for a restaurant will definitely not replace the lounge experience. Also surprised they haven't arranged to use another lounge for the duration of the closure. FYI Priority Pass members have access to the Wingtips lounge in Terminal 4 if EK don't arrange any alternative lounge access.
Wingtips is also having renovations done as of last week at least. They were not allowing priority pass members in, only those who had an airline invitation.
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2017/08/11/airport-lounge-construction/
Old Aug 28, 2017, 1:14 pm

Bad news about Wingtips - any idea how long that will remain closed? Looks like I'll be out of luck at the end of September especially as the lounge food tends to be better than on board.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:03 am

When EK close a lounge, they usually get lots of complaints about how the replacement lounge is poor and not up to standard.

I assume they get fewer complaints when people get cash to spend in the airport.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: Emirates
Quick question

I am flying via Dubai in a week, Buisness saver. Can I use points to upgrade to the first class lounge or does it need to be money?

Thank you.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Poodlelover
I am flying via Dubai in a week, Buisness saver. Can I use points to upgrade to the first class lounge or does it need to be money?

Thank you.
Has to be cash.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: Emirates
Thank you.

Actual Cash.....or is a credit card OK?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Poodlelover
Thank you.

Actual Cash.....or is a credit card OK?
I'm pretty sure they'll take cards. Or your firstborn child.

Do note that they won't let you in the F lounge until 4 hours before your flight time. Also, e-mail the timeless spa to set up your spa treatment because your time is short!
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by S.R
Wingtips is also having renovations done as of last week at least. They were not allowing priority pass members in, only those who had an airline invitation.
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...-construction/
Just to let you know the renovations of Wingtips Lounge in JFK T4 are complete and they are now allowing eligible admission with the exception of early evening hours when it is capacity controlled.
Any news how long the Emirate lounge in JFK will be closed?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:57 am

Programs: EK-Gold, SPG, Amex
Has anyone noticed that of late during the peak hours, the business lounge in DXB is woefully under capacity in terms of toilet capacity?

I have complained about this to the staff at the reception on more than one occasion on my way out, the latest being last week. The staff at the desk said if I had a similar issue the next time they could accompany me to the First lounge just to use the restrooms. Not sure what to make of this offer.

And I've been noticing a lot of folks of late who are walking around inside the bathrooms (not the shower area, which would still be acceptable), in just towels, and putting their feet all the way into the sink. Is it just me or is this normal? Maybe this is totally normal in some part of the world?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by mannimagus
Has anyone noticed that of late during the peak hours, the business lounge in DXB is woefully under capacity in terms of toilet capacity?

I have complained about this to the staff at the reception on more than one occasion on my way out, the latest being last week. The staff at the desk said if I had a similar issue the next time they could accompany me to the First lounge just to use the restrooms. Not sure what to make of this offer.

And I've been noticing a lot of folks of late who are walking around inside the bathrooms (not the shower area, which would still be acceptable), in just towels, and putting their feet all the way into the sink. Is it just me or is this normal? Maybe this is totally normal in some part of the world?
Yes especially the B Lounge has this issue. Also the showers connect directly to the hand washing area and the shower rooms don't have a dedicated basin unlike A. Feet in basin still disgusting though. In A just go to the far end, those bathrooms are generally quieter.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 5:50 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I was in B lounge yesterday for the first time in a while, and I *think* there are more toilets there than there used to be? There were maybe 10 cubicles? These were right at the end of lounge on the left hand side as you walk in. On the opposite side from the champagne bar.

These are on top of the old toilets that I remember. Maybe they've always been there, and I'd just never noticed them before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.