Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
According to the Emirates Twitter Team, the JFK lounge is opening on May 2nd, just in time for my May 1st departure.
thijsseh likes this.
Old May 4, 2018, 9:11 pm

Lounge Question in SIN

I’m on EK349 from SIN-CMB that leaves (technically) Sunday, tomorrow at 1:55am. It’s 11:08am now Saturday.

Im assuming EK will allow people to access their own lounge around the 10pm mark, but would QF allow me to enter their lounge since technically I’m not flying till tomorrow?

Also not sure if it makes a difference but I got to SIN from BNE on EK433 that left at 2:35am today.

Last edited by NWplatinum; May 4, 2018 at 9:21 pm
Old May 4, 2018, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I’m on EK349 from SIN-CMB that leaves (technically) Sunday, tomorrow at 1:55am. It’s 11:08am now Saturday.

Im assuming EK will allow people to access their own lounge around the 10pm mark, but would QF allow me to enter their lounge since technically I’m not flying till tomorrow?

Also not sure if it makes a difference but I got to SIN from BNE on EK433 that left at 2:35am today.
If on EK numbered flight on this route, only EK lounge,however you can try entering the EK lounge earlier with BP.
Old May 4, 2018, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
If on EK numbered flight on this route, only EK lounge,however you can try entering the EK lounge earlier with BP.
What? Also the SIN-CMB has a QF codeshare flight number.
Old May 4, 2018, 9:59 pm

What? Also the SIN-CMB has a QF codeshare flight number.
What flight number is written on your BP ? And which lounge is mentioned ?
AFAIK if it's EK flight no on this route then it's EK lounge.

However when Ive flown SIN/PER on EK flight no(QF metal) I've been sent to QF lounge.
Old May 4, 2018, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
What flight number is written on your BP ? And which lounge is mentioned ?
AFAIK if it's EK flight no on this route then it's EK lounge.

However when Ive flown SIN/PER on EK flight no(QF metal) I've been sent to QF lounge.
Strange. I thought they had a reciprocal agreement regardless, and it didn’t matter.

Ive flown MEL-SIN on EK’s 6:40pm flight plenty of times, and was never turned away from QF or EK’s lounges.
Old May 4, 2018, 10:21 pm

Strange. I thought they had a reciprocal agreement regardless, and it didn’t matter.

Ive flown MEL-SIN on EK’s 6:40pm flight plenty of times, and was never turned away from QF or EK’s lounges.
It would be interesting to know your experience as to what happens today in SIN.
Old May 4, 2018, 11:06 pm

The Emirates lounge is open briefly now until 14:30, then opens again at 17:40, so I went inside. I was let in without a problem. The lounge personnel at the front told me that when they close, go over to the Qantas lounge. So I’m assuming this means I can access both, but I will report back when I try out the QF lounge. It may be I’m allowed access to QF only when the EK lounge is closed, although the lounge attendant made it sound like I had reciprocal access to both.
Old May 4, 2018, 11:51 pm

The Emirates lounge is open briefly now until 14:30, then opens again at 17:40, so I went inside. I was let in without a problem. The lounge personnel at the front told me that when they close, go over to the Qantas lounge. So I’m assuming this means I can access both, but I will report back when I try out the QF lounge. It may be I’m allowed access to QF only when the EK lounge is closed, although the lounge attendant made it sound like I had reciprocal access to both.
So the flight no. on your SIN/CMB boarding pass is QF or EK ?
Old May 5, 2018, 12:37 am

EK Flight number and ticket
Old May 5, 2018, 12:41 am

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Eligible QF and EK Frequent Flyers (Gold and above in EK or QF) or premium cabin pax (J and F class) can use either lounges.
I myself (as a QF Platinum) have used the EK lounge in SIN when flying on QF coded flights on QF metal (in Y/PE/J/F).
Eligible EK pax can also use QF lounge (when flying EK or QF).
The only restrictions being that if using lounge based on status rather than class of travel, the flight must be credited to that FF account used to access the lounge based on status.
Old May 29, 2018, 9:12 pm

Looking to book sfo-dxb F
Dxb-syd c
syd-chc f
I wouldn't get f lounge access in dxb Right?
Old May 29, 2018, 10:00 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by kaiotes
Looking to book sfo-dxb F
Dxb-syd c
syd-chc f
I wouldn't get f lounge access in dxb Right?
No, but you'd also probably struggle to ticket that, depending on how you're booking it. EK doesn't permit mixed cabin segments unless F isn't available on one sector

Last edited by skywardhunter; May 30, 2018 at 10:29 am Reason: F, not D
Old May 30, 2018, 10:09 am

using JL miles, assuming voluntary downgrade works.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:27 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by igel
Eligible QF and EK Frequent Flyers (Gold and above in EK or QF) or premium cabin pax (J and F class) can use either lounges.
I myself (as a QF Platinum) have used the EK lounge in SIN when flying on QF coded flights on QF metal (in Y/PE/J/F).
Eligible EK pax can also use QF lounge (when flying EK or QF).
The only restrictions being that if using lounge based on status rather than class of travel, the flight must be credited to that FF account used to access the lounge based on status.
Recent SIN data point on this: Got turned away from the SIN Qantas lounge at around 6pm with an EK F boarding pass as the lounge was full. Between 4pm and 7pm YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.