Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:52 am

EK Lounge Dubai while flying JetBlue

EK Skywards Sliver w/b flying JetBlue on Emirates with 8 hr layover in DXB and would like to use Business lounge during layover. Is this possible? Searched but could not find a post / have read T&C's and not clear -- my trip does appear on my EK account but was booked by agent against B6. Many thanks in advance.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by CT99
EK Skywards Sliver w/b flying JetBlue on Emirates with 8 hr layover in DXB and would like to use Business lounge during layover. Is this possible? Searched but could not find a post / have read T&C's and not clear -- my trip does appear on my EK account but was booked by agent against B6. Many thanks in advance.
As long as you're flying EK metal for your onward from DXB you should be fine, even if the flight is sold as a B6 code.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by Metanoia
As long as you're flying EK metal for your onward from DXB you should be fine, even if the flight is sold as a B6 code.
Thanks so much -- will report back. Neither B6 nor EK could / would confirm!
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:13 am

I was in EDI this week, although not flying EK, and went for a look at the new No. 1 Lounge which is the one EK use. It's moved from it's old location and is now turn right when you enter the concourse after the shopping trap, go past the old location, past Wetherspoon's and turn to your left. Up one floor and you'll see the entrance.

It's a lot brighter than the old one, with windows looking towards the end of the runway. Food set up is ahead and to the right after entering and looked pretty similar to before although the "to order" menu had been updated. Bacon rolls are now available all day, not just breakfast time.

The bar is to your left after entering and although I didn't get up close I may have seen 3 beer taps where previously there was only one. Not sure if that's good unless they all keep flowing, and besides, I enjoyed the Peroni before.

Have to fully experience it before giving it the nod over The Aspire Lounge which has previously been first choice if using Priority Pass, and I'll probaby still depart with EK from GLA, as although there's a bit more travelling the EK Lounge there and early flight timing more than compensates, but as airport lounges go it seems acceptable.

I was there shortly before the QR flight departed just opposite (they use it too, as well as the BA Lounge) and it wasn't busy at all.
S c 0 TT y likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE /*A Gold, Emirates Skywards Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Just got an email offer to purchase Emirates lounge access at LGW for my upcoming EK flight. 91 pounds.....definitely not worth it in my opinion.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by 42000ft
Just got an email offer to purchase Emirates lounge access at LGW for my upcoming EK flight. 91 pounds.....definitely not worth it in my opinion.
This is the standard offer which is $100, in Dubai it is exclusive of 5% VAT. Any Skywards member can pay this for access.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:17 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
I will be flying HKG - DXB (12 hours) - MCT.

If I miss the sector DXB MCT and flying another ticket DXB on ET. Can I still access the F lounge in DXB? how easy to leave the lounge?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by pbd456
I will be flying HKG - DXB (12 hours) - MCT.

If I miss the sector DXB MCT and flying another ticket DXB on ET. Can I still access the F lounge in DXB? how easy to leave the lounge?
I'm not sure what you are trying to do here but it sounds like you want to intentionally miss your flight to MCT and fly to ADD on ET? If this is the case, make sure you're not checking any bags. Also you should be able to access to the F lounge once you have the connecting boarding pass to MCT in hand and then proceed to concourse D when you need to catch the next flight on ET for which I would leave a good amount of time to make the hike. You can generally enter and exit the lounge at will but I have never tried to enter after my flight has departed (the MCT flight in your case, assuming the ET flight is later) which you should be aware of...maybe others can offer advice on that.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 10:06 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by kq747
I'm not sure what you are trying to do here but it sounds like you want to intentionally miss your flight to MCT and fly to ADD on ET? If this is the case, make sure you're not checking any bags. Also you should be able to access to the F lounge once you have the connecting boarding pass to MCT in hand and then proceed to concourse D when you need to catch the next flight on ET for which I would leave a good amount of time to make the hike. You can generally enter and exit the lounge at will but I have never tried to enter after my flight has departed (the MCT flight in your case, assuming the ET flight is later) which you should be aware of...maybe others can offer advice on that.
correct. I need to go to SEZ from either DXB or MCT, it seems cheaper to fly from DXB. but i have never visited the F lounge in DXB so certainly want to try it.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 3:30 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
PVG Lounge closed temporarily

Don’t think I saw this posted elsewhere:

The Emirates Lounge at PVG is closed temporarily and lounge 77 (China Eastern Plaza Premium lounge) is being used as a replacement.

One half is nominally reserved for Emirates PAX although there were other PAX moving between the two halves of the lounge while I was there. Food / drink pretty basic.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by Dambus
Don’t think I saw this posted elsewhere:

The Emirates Lounge at PVG is closed temporarily and lounge 77 (China Eastern Plaza Premium lounge) is being used as a replacement.

One half is nominally reserved for Emirates PAX although there were other PAX moving between the two halves of the lounge while I was there. Food / drink pretty basic.
yep:
EK Shanghai Lounge Refurbishment

Dambus likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Last year, flying DXB to IAD with a checked-bag, I was hoping to go to the F lounge a few hours early but apparently the US check-in for bags only opens 3 hours before the flight leaves, so I had to wait around until US bag-drop agents showed up.

If I'm flying to YYZ, do you think I will be able to show up 4-5 hours before departure and clear security to go to the lounge? Would it matter it I had a bag or not?
Old Apr 27, 2019, 10:22 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by Rundosrun
Last year, flying DXB to IAD with a checked-bag, I was hoping to go to the F lounge a few hours early but apparently the US check-in for bags only opens 3 hours before the flight leaves, so I had to wait around until US bag-drop agents showed up.

If I'm flying to YYZ, do you think I will be able to show up 4-5 hours before departure and clear security to go to the lounge? Would it matter it I had a bag or not?
Interesting. I think without a bag should be no problem. A couple years back they would not let me check in at the J counter at 9pm for a 3am flight to the US so I simply checked in via the app after which they happily accepted my bag. This was surprising to me considering it's not an outstation for which I might understand such a rule. Sometimes I really wonder how these rules are created and enforced...
Old Apr 28, 2019, 7:16 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Rundosrun

Yes you can
Old Jun 23, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: Etihad, qatar, jet airways, emirates, air india
Stansted

Do emirates have a dedicated lounge at the airport?
If so what’s it like ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.