Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum, BA Bronze, And EK silver
Cheers guys! Ive decided to go with LHR as boarding from the lounge and direct views of the tarmac makes it an obvious choice for me. Thanks for your input as always
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by MarshyM
Wow i'd have always said LHR over LGW everytime when it comes to getting to/from the airport!! Twice ive been sooo late with CD to LGW that we've nearly missed the flight, the traffic to LGW from central London is a nightmare; as is to LHR granted, so surely its worth the HEX which is remarkably easy and quick (yes, costly but surely its worth it if you're already in Premium?). Anyway, just couldn't let this thread go without putting my thoughts in folks FWIW!
Cant comment on the LHR lounge situation with EK though as i always went BA in them days...and that's another story.
Thats true..i remember a nightmare ride from central london to gatwick ( 2 .5 hours plus from covent garden a few years ago)

But I still prefer LGW . I live offshore and usually fly in the night before. Plenty of hotels connected to the terminal (5 min walk) of all budgets ( even a premier inn)

Security / immigration on coming back is quick.The lounge and the staff are much more nicer than LHR IMHO
Only drawback is the slightly long walk to the gates which hopefully will be resolved soon..
Old Oct 6, 2018, 5:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
MUC Lounge

To celebrate Oktoberfest, they were offering all veal weißwurst (traditional Bavarian white sausage) for breakfast in the MUC lounge along with sweet mustard and pretzels. This is a very traditional Bavarian breakfast. This sausage is traditionally made of veal and pork, so I assume it was just veal. You also usually have to “peel” off the sausage casing, but in this case it seemed like you were not suppose to. Does anyone know for certain because I felt like an idiot trying to peel the casing of these unique weißwurst. In any event it was nice trying all veal white sausage for once, and tasting the difference.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:35 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
To celebrate Oktoberfest, they were offering all veal weißwurst (traditional Bavarian white sausage) for breakfast in the MUC lounge along with sweet mustard and pretzels. This is a very traditional Bavarian breakfast. This sausage is traditionally made of veal and pork, so I assume it was just veal. You also usually have to “peel” off the sausage casing, but in this case it seemed like you were not suppose to. Does anyone know for certain because I felt like an idiot trying to peel the casing of these unique weißwurst. In any event it was nice trying all veal white sausage for once, and tasting the difference.
Why do you assume that? I'm sure I've seen bacon in EK Lounges...?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:17 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Why do you assume that? I'm sure I've seen bacon in EK Lounges...?
They use substitutes, in your case most likely Turkey rashers. They don't stock pork in their lounges or non-halal food options. Pork is a huge no go area,
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y
They use substitutes, in your case most likely Turkey rashers. They don't stock pork in their lounges or non-halal food options. Pork is a huge no go area,
I don't eat bacon, so wouldn't know if it was real or not, but in overseas lounges I'm not so sure
Old Oct 7, 2018, 4:11 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Yes I’m quite aware they don’t EVER serve pork or anything Haram (except alcohol) in any part of the EK experience.

But weißwurst is made of pork and veal. And given EK’s prolific use of veal, I assumed it was just a Weißwurst made of veal. Perhaps I’m wrong, but they did look exactly like weißwurst which lead me to the belief that it’s just veal.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:07 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
No pork in any EK lounge(even outstations)or onboard. The bacon that skywardhunter had might have been beef/veal if it tasted nice or turkey if it didn't ..

beef /veal sausages and bacon are more closer to pork bacon/sausages than turkey IMHO.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
No pork in any EK lounge(even outstations)or onboard. The bacon that skywardhunter had might have been beef/veal if it tasted nice or turkey if it didn't ..

beef /veal sausages and bacon are more closer to pork bacon/sausages than turkey IMHO.
I don't eat bacon, must have seen something or just misremembering, thought they had pork stuff in the Far East, but evidently not
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:17 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
I don't eat bacon, must have seen something or just misremembering, thought they had pork stuff in the Far East, but evidently not
Definitely no pork products in the lounge in PEK any time I was there.

S
Old Oct 13, 2018, 11:54 pm

Programs: AC, AS; NEXUS+GE
EK lounge BKK on arrival/transfer?

Hi folks. Will be flying First Saver ticket on EK stock (176) arriving BKK in F onboard EK374 at 07:30 with 3.5-hour layover before boarding VN600 to SGN in business. Same ticket with First as the fare basis.

Will I be able to access the BKK EK lounge in this scenario? I've searched here and the Emirates website and can't find info on lounge usage for arrivals or when transiting to another carrier on the same EK ticket. Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by ain't got time to take a fast train
Hi folks. Will be flying First Saver ticket on EK stock (176) arriving BKK in F onboard EK374 at 07:30 with 3.5-hour layover before boarding VN600 to SGN in business. Same ticket with First as the fare basis.

Will I be able to access the BKK EK lounge in this scenario? I've searched here and the Emirates website and can't find info on lounge usage for arrivals or when transiting to another carrier on the same EK ticket. Thanks!
​​​​​​ Interesting question and the VN partnership is still quite new, I'd imagine that unfortunately the answer is no, because lounge access requires you be on an onward EK operated flight. In sure VN has a lounge though
Old Oct 14, 2018, 4:02 am

Programs: AC, AS; NEXUS+GE
​​​​​​ Interesting question and the VN partnership is still quite new, I'd imagine that unfortunately the answer is no, because lounge access requires you be on an onward EK operated flight. In sure VN has a lounge though
Thanks. VN uses Louis Tavern CIP contract lounge at BKK with locations at C, F & G concourses, I believe. EK would be the better choice. If no one else has given this a try yet, I will do so and report back. Travel isn't for a few months yet though...
Old Nov 5, 2018, 6:11 am

BOM Business Class Lounge Advice

Dear All

Does anyone have any advice on outbound EK lounges at BOM Is there a specific Emirates lounge or it shared? If shared is there a choice and which one should we go to

Thanks in advance

Kaid
Old Nov 5, 2018, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by Kaid
Dear All

Does anyone have any advice on outbound EK lounges at BOM Is there a specific Emirates lounge or it shared? If shared is there a choice and which one should we go to

Thanks in advance

Kaid
EK use a contract lounge which is the GVK lounge. As far as partner/contract lounges go this one is pretty decent, it has showers, a decent bar, average barista brewed coffee (too hot like everywhere in India) and an ok food selection. Virtually all airlines use this lounge (operated by the airport operating company) and there are no alternative options. Been there several times, most recently 9 days ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.