Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2019, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
35% of £0.00 = £0.00
Aren't I a generous Aberdonian
Old Sep 6, 2019, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Where? There's not really a distinction except at DXB (but even then not always) and I'd imagine at DXB you'd get the F vehicle if available
Dubai and Amsterdam
Old Sep 6, 2019, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by larzy1977
Dubai and Amsterdam
I know in Amsterdam you get a different car then J, but I don't know if u get it after the upgrade
Old Sep 6, 2019, 7:55 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Dubai and Amsterdam
In Amsterdam I have twice had an ‘F car’ (Mercedes S class with Maybach interior) when flying J. Both times the distance was almost double the free allowance, so that may have something to do with car allocation as well.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:36 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Do i still get the J vehicle after miles upgrade from J to F?
No, in my experience in DUB but only as long as the upgrade is done well in advance. E.g. Upgrade a week prior to departure for DUB or prior to return flight to DUB.

There is a bit of a distinction in DUB - S Class for F and a bit of pot luck for C (E class, maybe S class, think I had a A6 once as well).
Old Sep 8, 2019, 3:02 am

Just wondering - Does the driver normally give me a call/ message when he is outside or does he normally arrive early so I can go out XX minutes early for him to be outside ?
Old Sep 8, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by AceCobra1
Just wondering - Does the driver normally give me a call/ message when he is outside or does he normally arrive early so I can go out XX minutes early for him to be outside ?
Sometimes you get a message or a call if you haven't come out yet after the pickup time. The drivers generally arrive 20 mins early. Every city is different
AceCobra1 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Sometimes you get a message or a call if you haven't come out yet after the pickup time. The drivers generally arrive 20 mins early. Every city is different
Cool - and once I meet them, do I just show them my mobile boarding pass or something ?
Old Sep 8, 2019, 3:18 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Cool - and once I meet them, do I just show them my mobile boarding pass or something ?
Na, just get in. People don't really steal CDs they'll probably ask you to confirm your name
thijsseh and AceCobra1 like this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 3:50 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
I guess it depends a bit if you are leaving from home or from a hotel.
When a black Mercedes arrives on my doorstep about 15 minutes before the appointed time, it is extremely likely that it is my CD. By the time I am outside he has opened the door and the boot / trunk.
Not that many black Mercs cruising there.....at hotels it may well be very different.

AceCobra1 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 9:37 pm

First timer..

Hi everyone
I am traveling from Auckland to Manchester in J and have a chauffeur booked from Manchester to my destination. I have a couple of questions as this is the first time I have used the chauffeur service firstly I am a couple of miles over the mileage limit how do I pay the extra and secondly we travel on Wednesday and I haven't heard from the chauffeur company to confirm, should I be worried??
Any advice is grateful received
Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:27 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by foxy1
Hi everyone
I am traveling from Auckland to Manchester in J and have a chauffeur booked from Manchester to my destination. I have a couple of questions as this is the first time I have used the chauffeur service firstly I am a couple of miles over the mileage limit how do I pay the extra and secondly we travel on Wednesday and I haven't heard from the chauffeur company to confirm, should I be worried??
Any advice is grateful received
You pay the driver on the day.
They won't contact you, when you clear customs in MAN an agent will be waiting for you with your name on a plaque. Just identify yourself to them and be on your way
Old Sep 23, 2019, 1:38 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Zol
They won't contact you, when you clear customs in MAN an agent will be waiting for you with your name on a plaque. Just identify yourself to them and be on your way
It's a bit different at MAN. There's a separate exit just before the main exit. It's signposted Emirates CD. There will be one guy with an Emirates sign, and about 30 drivers. The guy with the sign has the list of drivers, and he'll shout the correct driver over. Then it's a quick walk out into the car park.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Zol
Hi Zol

Thanks for the info 🙂
Old Sep 23, 2019, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Zol

Great sounds easy🙂

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.