Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2020, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by marcro
The mobile app provides a very easy convenient way to cancel your car booking. It is what I have used in the past.
Thank you, I have just done that. I should have realised that if you can book it via the app, you can cancel it via the app. 🤨
Old Jan 11, 2020, 2:51 am

Programs: SQ *G / A3 *G
I wouldn't have liked to have been in an Emirates car this morning!

I have seen more than 15 Emirates cars stuck in the floods in DXB this morning. Looks like the drivers have no clue and poor passengers stuck in the back in flood water! Even witnessed two crew cars stuck in the water...
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:39 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
JFK Chauffeur query

Hi everyone,

Flying MXP-JFK - 17 Jan.

My question is how long do the chauffeurs wait for - assume its 1 hour.

Could someone assist please - as no idea on how long queues and immigration clearance will take - my prior experiences are 1 hour plus.

Thanks
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:24 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by nadeem
Hi everyone,

Flying MXP-JFK - 17 Jan.

My question is how long do the chauffeurs wait for - assume its 1 hour.

Could someone assist please - as no idea on how long queues and immigration clearance will take - my prior experiences are 1 hour plus.

Thanks
My experience (though none at JFK) is that they wait as long as it takes to clear the formalities. But if you have gone astray and all other CD users have left, they might consider you a 'no show' at some time.
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 4:02 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Gold. Hilton Gold, EK Platinum
Once pulled aside in immigration at SIN, never explained why but took well over an hour just sitting there until released.
The driver phoned me on my UK mobile number to ask where I was!
After explaining he just waited until I was let through. If you have given a mobile number it is on file and will be used just as per pick-up.
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by thijsseh
My experience (though none at JFK) is that they wait as long as it takes to clear the formalities. But if you have gone astray and all other CD users have left, they might consider you a 'no show' at some time.
I came through JFK on 15th. It's haphazard, and a bit chaotic with the new screens. Took 2 hours to clear immigration and went straight to the tiny Emirates post after getting our bags. Smiling, friendly faces there and our driver, who had been waiting for hours, appeared also smiling.

Drivers know when there are delays, and I'm sure they wait for a decent time before bailing out. Our guy was still waiting more than 2 hours after a delayed (3 hours) flight had landed.

So based on that, I would say you have considerable leeway. I'm pretty sure they will wait.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 11:11 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

JFK is a hellhole of an airport. It makes MAN look great.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:51 pm

Programs: EK skywards Gold, BA, VS silver
Two years ago when returning to the UK from Brisbane my checked bags (2) did not arrive at LGW with me. By the time I had waited by the carousel and realised that they were not there, then waited in line at the baggage desk to report them missing, over an hour had passed since landing. My Emirates chauffeur called me on my mobile to ask if everything was OK and was waiting for me when I eventually emerged from customs hall - nearly two hours after landing, by which time I had already been told that my bags had been located and they would arrive on the evening flight from DXB.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 11:47 pm

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
JFK is a hellhole of an airport. It makes MAN look great.
I haven't experienced MAN, but have had several entries into the USA via JFK. The system there is extremely unimpressive. For a major gateway it's a mess. No overall planning for people movements and guiding people efficiently into clearly defined lanes once they spill into the "visa screens" area. Lots of opportunities for lousy queue jumpers, and insufficient numbers of booths with officials in them to process enough passengers to allow the queues to diminish. No wonder it can take several hours to get out of that hell.

The country prides itself on being "can do", but often what they end up doing is not sufficiently well planned and needs fixing or being done again.

All chauffer services there know this untidy process exists, and know they have to wait hours for their passengers to appear.

**Apologies in advance if certain moderators find comments in the 2nd paragraph to be somehow racist and inappropriate, as I have previously unexpectedly experienced with similar comments about the behaviour of some UK expats in Dubai.

Last edited by BadoRas; Jan 18, 2020 at 12:16 am
Old Jan 20, 2020, 2:15 am

Programs: EK Plat
Does anyone know who is the CD provider at STN?

And has anyone had any experience asking for the pick up time on arrival to be slightly later? Obviously not an issue at DXB at LHR but first time flying into STN.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 4:18 am

Programs: EK skywards Gold, BA, VS silver
I believe Careys do LGW, LHR and STN.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 4:23 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by JudeS
Tristar (owned by Addison Lee).
Old Jan 20, 2020, 5:10 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by JudeS
Careys driver (ex LGW) told me last week that they lost the last 2 flights that they were still serving from the LHR contract. They still do all 3 LGW flights.
JudeS likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:39 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Hello,

I found on internet that people flying from BRU but living in the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg can get free transfer without any km limits (old news).

I called Emirates and the operator told me she can see, on EK internal system, a note saying "70km limits. Exception for people living in the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg" but she was then unable to confirm whether it applys or not.

I've also chatted with another EK operator and she wrote me:

00:10:59 Dina : Yes. 70 Kms from/to Brussels Airport (which includes all Brussels boroughs). Kite, please be mindful on SPECIAL Business fare , the car is not offered

00:12:39 Dina : Can I help with anything else?

00:12:53 Kite : what about people living in Luxembourg?
I found a post on a website (in French) stating that the limitation is not applicable to people living in Luxembourg flying from Brussels

00:13:13 Kite : just want to know whether it's true or not

00:13:50 Dina : I read: Free transport from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg to Brussels Airport (and vice versa).

00:14:26 Kite : can you point me on Emirates website where I can find it?

....OMISSIS....

00:18:18 Kite : but I can't find where it's written that the chaufeur service it's free from luxembourg

00:18:38 Dina : It lools like it doesn't

00:18:50 Dina : i see it on our internal page
Anybody has experience on travelling from BRU and getting free transportation from LUX?

Thanks
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:39 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by KiteM
Hello,

I found on internet that people flying from BRU but living in the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg can get free transfer without any km limits (old news).

I called Emirates and the operator told me she can see, on EK internal system, a note saying "70km limits. Exception for people living in the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg" but she was then unable to confirm whether it applys or not.

I've also chatted with another EK operator and she wrote me:

Anybody has experience on travelling from BRU and getting free transportation from LUX?

Thanks
The EK website )when looking at CD for BRU) refers to a charge of €2 per KM 'excluding cities with no mileage restrictions'. The latter is something I have never seen for any other station (not that I have looked), so it could well be Luxembourg. But no, it's not specified as such.

If it is included, it would at 2 hrs 24 minutes and 194 KM (according to Google Maps) possibly the furthest free CD in the system

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.