Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum

​​​​​​I had saved a screenshot at that time. I checked the transit period on that day.

I flew DEL DXB on EK515 on 12th October landing at 2359 and left DXB to MAN on EK 21 at 0300 .😀

The reason I remember this well is because it showed that we had 16 cars available to me booked between me and Mrs.ukdoctor :-)

Last edited by ukdoctor; May 29, 2019 at 5:24 am
Old May 29, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
It is now showing my 17h50 time in Dubai as a 'connection' (arrive 15.10, depart 09.00 the next day), even though I used the multi-city booking to choose each leg separately. I am going to go the the CD dear in Dubai to see if they will let me have a car to my hotel at least. Boo-urns.
Old May 29, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by JTXC
It is now showing my 17h50 time in Dubai as a 'connection' (arrive 15.10, depart 09.00 the next day), even though I used the multi-city booking to choose each leg separately. I am going to go the the CD dear in Dubai to see if they will let me have a car to my hotel at least. Boo-urns.
It is a connection if it is under 24 hours, regardless of how you constructed the booking
Old May 31, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum

Have you tried checking it in the app?
Old Jun 2, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by dubaiblue
BCN - Sedan

VCE - Yep - think its classed as a water taxi. Think you get the choice of both car or water taxi, our hotel was on an island so no choice apart from the boat - great experience!
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
I frequently book trips with a stay in Dubai of more than 10 hours and less than 24 hours. In those situations, the app always shows CD not available for the flights in and out of DXB. It's simply fixed by calling Emirates and requesting CDs to and from where I'm staying. I have never been refused.

Just try calling them!
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by QRC3288
I'll talk to the company a day or two before I suppose when they call. IIRC the CD companies usually call before to confirm things.
I never received any call from them in HKG for getting picked up back to the airport. I was a bit nervous not having any confirmation but they turned up on time, and in a very swanky Mercedes car
Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Bag Limit in Oz

Just wondering how strict CD are in Sydney with 2 bags. My son and I are travelling together and will probably have 3 bags between us...is it worth booking a second car which he is entitled to, just to carry one bag?
Also I see a lot of discussion regarding awards flights no longer being eligible for CD. Is a way round this to use skywards to book via QF (obviously only on codeshare flights) ensuring flight is operated by EK. Qantas website seems to indicate that Awards bookings are still eligible for CD, although I don't know if you can actually use Skywards to book directly via QF

Last edited by blurt91; Jun 5, 2019 at 2:13 am
Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by blurt91
Just wondering how strict CD are in Sydney with 2 bags. My son and I are travelling together and will probably have 3 bags between us...is it worth booking a second car which he is entitled to, just to carry one bag?
Also I see a lot of discussion regarding awards flights no longer being eligible for CD. Is a way round this to use skywards to book via QF (obviously only on codeshare flights) ensuring flight is operated by EK. Qantas website seems to indicate that Awards bookings are still eligible for CD.
You an request a bigger car if you have more luggage. No idea about the QF workaround
Old Jun 8, 2019, 8:12 am

Would 2 full size suitcases fit in the trunk of a Mercedes E Class?
Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
Would 2 full size suitcases fit in the trunk of a Mercedes E Class?
I couldn't get mine into the trunk of the new S Class, due to the fridge and other equipment taking up valuable space.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by XXTSGR

I couldn't get mine into the trunk of the new S Class, due to the fridge and other equipment taking up valuable space.
You couldn't even get 1 case in?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: Skywards silver
Please Bear with me if this gets long winded.
when landing in LHR we Have never needed to use the chauffeur drive service, as we usually land late and stay at the Sofitel T5 overnight before departing home BA the next day.
However this next trip we are landing into LHR early in the day, but have once again booked the Sofitel T5 because our BA flight departs at 7am the next morning, and couldn’t be bothered coming from the city so early.

my question is... is it possible for us to deplane, collect luggage, get the free train to T5, check in at the Sofitel and then go all the way back to T3 and then get our chauffeur drive into the city, to go out for the day? Is it a desk at LHR you go to? Or are the individual drivers there waiting for you?
Or is this an idiotic idea?
Many thanks
Old Jun 9, 2019, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls
Please Bear with me if this gets long winded.
when landing in LHR we Have never needed to use the chauffeur drive service, as we usually land late and stay at the Sofitel T5 overnight before departing home BA the next day.
However this next trip we are landing into LHR early in the day, but have once again booked the Sofitel T5 because our BA flight departs at 7am the next morning, and couldn’t be bothered coming from the city so early.

my question is... is it possible for us to deplane, collect luggage, get the free train to T5, check in at the Sofitel and then go all the way back to T3 and then get our chauffeur drive into the city, to go out for the day? Is it a desk at LHR you go to? Or are the individual drivers there waiting for you?
Or is this an idiotic idea?
Many thanks
At almost all airports the drivers wait with name signs as you exit, I'm not sure about LHR, something tells me it might be a bit different and there might be a lounge to wait or something, either way I don't think what you suggest would he feasible or fair to the driver who'd have to wait. Rather book the CD to the city and slip your driver a 20 to swing by the Sofitel for 5 mins as you drop the bags. If he says no can do, tell him ok sorry for the trouble but then you won't be able to continue to the city. He probably won't take you to the Sofitel then however as inter terminal trips aren't permitted (not sure if being the hotel changes that). Most likely won't be an issue though
Bouncingsouls likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
You couldn't even get 1 case in?
One suitcase and one hand luggage fit into the boot. The second (identical) suitcase just couldn't fit (even without the hand luggage) and ended up on the front passenger seat.
FlyingHighlander likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.