Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by batmandds
Do you think it's possible if EK sees the adults on the same flight? I'll probably have to do it over the phone.
I think for infants you always have to do it via the phone. Book your own tickets first, then call to add infants
Old Jul 30, 2019, 11:18 am

I did not see this info info posted previously, but Emirates uses this company for services in LAX. Found them to be very a professional company. No complaints.

TD

https://us.addisonlee.com/#/
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:36 pm

I just upgraded from J to F on my GLA to HKG booking, however my Chauffeur option is still not available on my arrival in HKG despite me having upgraded to F - should this be the case or should I call emirates for my free taxi ride lol
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by AceCobra1
Stuff
For HKK you have to call and they do the booking manually, it does not show up on your booking online
AceCobra1 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by wcel
For HKK you have to call and they do the booking manually, it does not show up on your booking online
Thanks for the reply - will call in tomorrow I assume when I arrive, I will see a driver with my name on some sort of board ? Do I need to show them my boarding pass etc. ?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 7:29 pm

Do you think it's possible if EK sees the adults on the same flight? I'll probably have to do it over the phone.
I think they are trying to indicate that 2 under 12s should have an adult with them, not in another cabin.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Gold. Hilton Gold, EK Platinum
Originally Posted by AceCobra1
Thanks for the reply - will call in tomorrow I assume when I arrive, I will see a driver with my name on some sort of board ? Do I need to show them my boarding pass etc. ?
When you leave the aircraft you will see a temporary board with a few names on, there are staff there to help. They will explain what to do and where to meet the representative, not the driver, as you leave the baggage hall and you are taken down to a lobby area to meet your driver.
AceCobra1 likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by ft101
I think they are trying to indicate that 2 under 12s should have an adult with them, not in another cabin.
AFAIK, children aged 8 and older can sit on their own in a different cabin to 'accompanying' adults. They won't pay the adult fare (like regular UMNRs) but still be seated in the designated UMNR seats.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by hazban
When you leave the aircraft you will see a temporary board with a few names on, there are staff there to help. They will explain what to do and where to meet the representative, not the driver, as you leave the baggage hall and you are taken down to a lobby area to meet your driver.
So do I leave the baggage hall with the representative I met after I leave the aircraft and they will take me to my driver ?
Old Jul 31, 2019, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by XXTSGR
AFAIK, children aged 8 and older can sit on their own in a different cabin to 'accompanying' adults. They won't pay the adult fare (like regular UMNRs) but still be seated in the designated UMNR seats.
Then it'll definitely have to be a phone booking as you can't mix different classes on the same booking, or book two children without an adult.

What you can do and what you should do don't necessarily coincide.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 7:23 pm

I found this in the Fare Conditions for a booking I was looking at, so maybe check yours on line before making any call.
ACCOMPANIED CHILD 2-11 - CHARGE 75 PERCENT OF THE FARE.

TICKETING CODE - BASE FARE CODE PLUS CH.

MUST BE ACCOMPANIED ON ALL FLIGHTS IN SAME COMPARTMENT

BY ADULT 18 OR OLDER
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
I found this in the Fare Conditions for a booking I was looking at, so maybe check yours on line before making any call.
Thank you! I'll check my fare conditions.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Gold. Hilton Gold, EK Platinum
No. They give you written instructions and a rep meets you on leaving the baggage hall using the exit on the paperwork they give you.
Seems confusing but seems to work OK.
AceCobra1 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Hi all, sorry if this has been asked before.

I'm planning to book F from DXB to SIN.

Looking at the options I'm planning to get EK354 departing DXB on 3.15AM

Am I correct to calculate that the earliest time for CD pick up will be around 10pm (-1)
Any chance to get picked up even earlier? maybe around 8 pm or even 6 pm ?

Thanks!
Old Aug 4, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Hi all, sorry if this has been asked before.

I'm planning to book F from DXB to SIN.

Looking at the options I'm planning to get EK354 departing DXB on 3.15AM

Am I correct to calculate that the earliest time for CD pick up will be around 10pm (-1)
Any chance to get picked up even earlier? maybe around 8 pm or even 6 pm ?

Thanks!
Yes, no problem. Just call EK and they'll arrange it for you.
kaizen7 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.