Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by itisme
Arrived yesterday and got it aswell.. Very comfortable.
Annoyingly had another driver who started to moan about his income. I asked if he liked the new car and then his answer was: Yeah but wish my income would also improve. I only get 550 dollar every month and after rent and everything else i not get left with anything to live on blablabla.. Im sympathetic towards them but it's just so uncomfortable. Literally 25% of my trips on Dubai chauffeur drives i get this. Makes me think it's just a thing to get a extra 'sympathy' tip from the riders after you come back or go on your holiday in First class...

Never ever get those stories on chauffeur cars on arrival at destinations outside Dubai (Usually also much much nicer drivers who provide you with snacks and drinks and such).
My drivers have always been fairly quiet, apart from asking how my flight was and minor chit-chat about where I am off to, etc. I would probably find your experience quite uncomfortable. Do they really only make $550?
Old Jul 3, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Melbourne CD was handled by Hughes as well.
Car used were Hyundai Genesis G80 which is now starting become common car for chauffeur service in Melbourne
Hughes have been doing CD with Emirates out of Melbourne for many years now, and they are a class act. I'm happy to hear that those using CD in Sydney can now enjoy their service!
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:13 pm

My wife and I have reservations for an upcoming trip MLE-DXB-LAX. We have two separate confirmations numbers so entitled to 2 vehicles. We don’t need the DXB transfers, but do need about 50 miles over the 50 miles allowed for the LAX transfer to home, and only need 1 vehicle. Any chance EK will give us the extra miles in LAX for free if we tell them we only need one vehicle for that leg and will pass on the others in DXB?

From this thread I see most transfers are in cars. Are you able to request and SUV? We have four large bags that will never fit in the trunk.

Thanks
TD
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:34 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
My TA have said they are no longer using Corporate Cabs in AKL and instead a proper hired car - anyone had any experience?

Can confirm it is now Blacklane

Last edited by Rebound; Jul 16, 2019 at 1:15 pm
Old Jul 16, 2019, 3:51 am

Programs: Skywards
Is CD available on paid upgrades from Flex Economy to Business? Want to upgrade on BNE-DXB- WAW.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 3:56 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, QR privilege club Gold, Topbonus Gold
On the sad side, No chauffeur in OPO (Porto) yet for the recently launched B777 2 class route (2nd July).. Hope they add it soon as I dont think its cost / supplier selection issue as the LIS local supplier does a good job - for a fixed well negotiated cost of $30 journey..
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Burleigh
Is CD available on paid upgrades from Flex Economy to Business? Want to upgrade on BNE-DXB- WAW.
What kind of upgrade? Except for promo upgrades which exclude CD it is available if you pay the fare difference
Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:01 am

A paid upgrade - paying the fare difference in manage your booking. Thanks for the info.
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:13 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Burleigh
A paid upgrade - paying the fare difference in manage your booking. Thanks for the info.
Make sure you upgrade to Business Saver or above. No CD on Business Special.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:37 am

Thanks, will do. Business Special isn't available on this route.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
If your spouse and yourself are flying paid F, can your two children (under 12 years old) flying on a J award come with you in the chauffeur drive? Thanks for your help!
Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by batmandds
If your spouse and yourself are flying paid F, can your two children (under 12 years old) flying on a J award come with you in the chauffeur drive? Thanks for your help!
Generally yes. Perhaps you and your spouse should each order a car, so that there is sufficient space, alternatively request a larger vehicle.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:00 am

That's a great idea. Thank you skywardhunter!
Old Jul 30, 2019, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by batmandds
I don't think you can book 2 kids without an adult on the booking.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by ft101
I don't think you can book 2 kids without an adult on the booking.
Do you think it's possible if EK sees the adults on the same flight? I'll probably have to do it over the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.