Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by pushka

I think there is a way. In Singapore you have to go to a booth after immigration and only then is the car booked for you. And it’s a very busy booth.

When departing I was travelling in F and a beautiful Maybach arrived for me.
I remember this .... once you "book" the car you then given a slip of paper contains the detail of your CD booking similar to DXB one then directed to the basement for the pick up point.

I got a new C class as F before

I guess it might be possible to delay the pick up by wasting more time in the aiport before heading to the booth.
But the main question how long you can delay before they pissed off and cancel the booking.
I try ask on my next visit ... in June
Old Mar 23, 2019, 7:48 pm

Anyone have any experience in requesting a specific car in jfk for F like a s class or bmw 5,7 series
Old Mar 24, 2019, 6:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Are miles upgrades from C to F impacted also? aka in HKG where its only available to F passengers will you be able to get a CD as an upgrade to F? also in DXB do C to F upgrades get the C car or F car?
Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by synd
Are miles upgrades from C to F impacted also? aka in HKG where its only available to F passengers will you be able to get a CD as an upgrade to F? also in DXB do C to F upgrades get the C car or F car?
If you upgrade DXB-HKG to F with miles, you are eligible for CD.

Not sure about the car in DXB. I suppose if you ask nicely at the CD desk and show an F BP, they might oblige, but no experience since I've personally never flown F.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:20 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by murtaza12
That's quite surprising. Y>J upgrades don't get the CD, so I don't really see how J>F is any different.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: Skywards Gold

Not sure about the car in DXB. I suppose if you ask nicely at the CD desk and show an F BP, they might oblige, but no experience since I've personally never flown F.
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
That's quite surprising. Y>J upgrades don't get the CD, so I don't really see how J>F is any different.
Agreed, is there a source to confirm this for HKG? I'd imagine in DXB you get whatever your BP says, since vehicles are allocated on demand as you show up, there's not always a clear distinction between J and F vehicles anyway if there's a shortage of the one
Old Mar 24, 2019, 5:07 pm

used JAL miles booked ATH-DXB DXB-YYZ

Emirates website show Special Complimentary benefits for Chauffeur-drive service for DXB-YYZ only,

should I go ahead book it or I could be charge afterwards?

Last edited by ecgz88; Mar 24, 2019 at 5:18 pm
Old Mar 24, 2019, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by ecgz88

used JAL miles booked ATH-DXB DXB-YYZ

Emirates website show Special Complimentary benefits for Chauffeur-drive service for DXB-YYZ only,

should I go ahead book it or I could be charge afterwards?
The car will probably disappear off the booking at some point. You don't get the Chauffeur drive any any award booking these days.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 7:05 pm

The car will probably disappear off the booking at some point. You don't get the Chauffeur drive any any award booking these days.
Thanks! I know, that's why I already rent a car and was surprised to see this, maybe Emirates IT Bugs
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Agreed, is there a source to confirm this for HKG? I'd imagine in DXB you get whatever your BP says, since vehicles are allocated on demand as you show up, there's not always a clear distinction between J and F vehicles anyway if there's a shortage of the one
My dad is flying DXB - HKG next month and he had the same query. I asked Live Chat yesterday and the agent said he won't be eligible for CD if he upgrades J>F with miles. Few minutes after the chat ended, I got a call from 04-214-4444 and the same Live Chat agent was on the line saying he comfirmed with EK in HKG that J>F upgrade with miles will be eligible for CD.

He seemed pretty confident about it, but time will tell. I'll post back here if my dad does end up getting CD on arrival or not.
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:35 pm

My dad is flying DXB - HKG next month and he had the same query. I asked Live Chat yesterday and the agent said he won't be eligible for CD if he upgrades J>F with miles. Few minutes after the chat ended, I got a call from 04-214-4444 and the same Live Chat agent was on the line saying he comfirmed with EK in HKG that J>F upgrade with miles will be eligible for CD.

He seemed pretty confident about it, but time will tell. I'll post back here if my dad does end up getting CD on arrival or not.
Pretty good that the agent bothered to follow up and even call to inform you! Please let us know once you find out more
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:56 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Anyone who actually purchases a J or F ticket is eligible for CD where it is available. A J to F upgrade using miles for a J paying passenger does not cancel that eligibility. That's the big difference.

Last edited by BadoRas; Mar 25, 2019 at 1:10 am
Old Mar 25, 2019, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by BadoRas
Anyone who actually purchases a J or F ticket is eligible for CD where it is available. A J to F upgrade using miles for a J paying passenger does not cancel that eligibility. That's the big difference.
Not at HKG, which is the discussion here...
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:53 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
You're correct. I'm true to my name!
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:53 am

Not at HKG, which is the discussion here...
its an interesting one, the cd doesn’t even show up when you book f and you have to call to book it.

easy enough to get the airport express though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.