Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2013, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gordo6
See latest posts for updates and discussion.
Print Wikipost

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by NYTA
How can an airline make money selling only to passengers on one side of a city pair? It doesn't make sense.
It could be that they don't have some local sales agents or other requirements ready in order to sell flights to Israel originating customers. Otherwise I agree it makes no sense to not allow Israel originating passengers to buy tickets on the route. Based on that, the first and second return flights from TLV to Montreal should be very empty if they are not selling to Israel originating passengers.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:35 am

Transat website is booking flights between YUL and TLV in both directions as well as YYZ.
I'm not sure I would fly them, but it does add some price pressure for AC/LY.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by simba8
Transat website is booking flights between YUL and TLV in both directions as well as YYZ.
I'm not sure I would fly them, but it does add some price pressure for AC/LY.
1500$ for the summer...
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by Ditto
But if you fly to Europe on business, don't you then also conduct business on a Friday?
And what if you want to fly to Vienna for leisure when your week in Israel is done?
Rarely do I conduct business on a Friday in Europe if I can help it. If I have to be away the whole week I usually fly out Sunday evening or first thing Monday morning and almost always fly home Thursday night as would most people based in TLV - just like most people in the rest of the world would fly home from a business trip on Thursday night/Friday morning to be home for the weekend instead of flying home on Saturday and missing half of the weekend.

Similarly, if I want a "weekend" in Vienna I'd want to leave Thursday afternoon, not Friday. It's not like this even makes sense for the Austrians who would want a weekend in Tel Aviv as they'd want to fly to TLV on Friday and return Sunday but the additional other flight is Monday.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 2:19 am

Rarely do I conduct business on a Friday in Europe if I can help it. If I have to be away the whole week I usually fly out Sunday evening or first thing Monday morning and almost always fly home Thursday night as would most people based in TLV - just like most people in the rest of the world would fly home from a business trip on Thursday night/Friday morning to be home for the weekend instead of flying home on Saturday and missing half of the weekend.

Similarly, if I want a "weekend" in Vienna I'd want to leave Thursday afternoon, not Friday. It's not like this even makes sense for the Austrians who would want a weekend in Tel Aviv as they'd want to fly to TLV on Friday and return Sunday but the additional other flight is Monday.
But you are treating those new flights as if one MUST take them on both directions, while this is not the case, you are also thinking about it as a point to point service, which it is not

But getting back to the point, I usually like to take long weekends going somewhere not too far away, so either flying out Friday morning coming back Monday afternoon, or Thursday/Sunday, 2 days is often too short for a destination, and flying on Friday afternoon just to pay an extra hotel night also makes no sense to me, I'd prefer an early morning Saturday flight.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 7:45 am

WOW! (Flights to Iceland)
http://www.globes.co.il/en/article-w...hts-1001173863

Last edited by NYTA; Jan 26, 2017 at 8:39 am
Old Jan 26, 2017, 7:46 am

TUS adds Haifa service:
http://www.globes.co.il/en/article-t...hts-1001173932
Old Jan 26, 2017, 8:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Nice.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by benberg2013
Nice.
​​​​​​This is really Nice:
https://happyintlv.net/item/south-france-tel-aviv-nice-flight/
Old Jan 31, 2017, 8:48 am

Flights to Morocco - sort of...

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...915538,00.html
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:11 am

To get around this, the plane will land in Catania, where passengers disembark from the aircraft, receive new tickets showing the origin of the flight being from Italy, and re-board the plane, and then fly on to Morocco.
LOL, so basically the only difference between this and a connection in any other country is that the same metal is used for both legs
I'm somewhat skeptical about 7 hours if this is going to include disembarking & re-boarding the plane
Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
But will it be marketed as a direct flight?

It doesn't show on routesonline.net nor on the Neos website. So I suspect these are planned charters, not scheduled flights. In that case it is likely that people booking won't know about the stopover...
Old Feb 1, 2017, 5:56 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Ryanair to launch 15 routes to Israel!

https://www.touristisrael.com/ryanair-launches-15-new-routes-israel-flights-tel-aviv-eilat-ovda-germany-poland-belgium/20116/

Flights from Eilat and TLV starting in the fall.
Ryanair will launch flights to Tel Aviv from:
Baden-Baden (twice a week)
Gdansk (twice a week)
Krakow (twice a week)
Milan Bergamo (4 times weekly)
Paphos (daily). (already starting in April)
Poznan (twice a week)
Wroclaw (twice a week).

Flights to Eilat will be from:
Berlin (twice a week)
Brussels (twice a week)
Frankfurt-Hahn (twice a week)
Gdansk (twice a week)
Milan Bergamo (twice a week)
Poznan (twice a week)
Warsaw (twice a week)
In addition to the existing flights from Bratislava, Budapest, Krakow, and Kaunas.

Last edited by nombody; Feb 1, 2017 at 6:00 am Reason: Added flight details
Old Feb 1, 2017, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Calling Ovda Eilat, is somewhat misleading to those unaware...
Old Feb 1, 2017, 7:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nombody
https://www.touristisrael.com/ryanair-launches-15-new-routes-israel-flights-tel-aviv-eilat-ovda-germany-poland-belgium/20116/

Flights from Eilat and TLV starting in the fall.
Ryanair will launch flights to Tel Aviv from:
Gdansk (twice a week)
Krakow (twice a week)
Milan Bergamo (4 times weekly)
Paphos (daily). (already starting in April)
Poznan (twice a week)
Wroclaw (twice a week).

Flights to Eilat will be from:
Berlin (twice a week)
Brussels (twice a week)
Frankfurt-Hahn (twice a week)
Gdansk (twice a week)
Milan Bergamo (twice a week)
Poznan (twice a week)
Warsaw (twice a week)
In addition to the existing flights from Bratislava, Budapest, Krakow, and Kaunas.
The fun starts... so it'll be something like 30 euro tlv-lon - 20 euro to warsaw then another 10 to london...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.