Data Point:
Flight Cancelled & Refund Requested online: May 11
Email stating refund issued: June 30
AmEx Credit posted: July 2

Start to finish 52 calendar days
Exactly the same for me!
Old Jul 3, 2020, 7:23 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Plat, UA status-less after 15 years
I' m coming up on 45 odd days since filing for my first set of refunds (May 21, return flights filed for refunds on May 28). So hopefully, I'll start seeing refunds next week or so....

I decided not to involve Chase yet, as people have been reporting that EZ is in fact refunding, albeit slowly. All my other refunds (except some ferries in Greece) completed in a timely fashion, so I'll wait another couple of weeks for EZ.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Silver
My friends EasyJet flight was cancelled in March and she got the refund a couple of days ago!
Old Jul 5, 2020, 2:00 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Plat, UA status-less after 15 years
Received first refund notification for cancellation yesterday (July 4). Refund requested May 21, has not posted to Chase yet. So about 45 days....
Old Jul 8, 2020, 1:01 pm

Received refund notification just now for one requested on June 3rd, so from what the guy above's saying, they're clearing the backlog a bit
Old Jul 14, 2020, 8:46 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Data point:
18th June - Flight cancelled (departure 4th July) and immediately requested refund
13th of July - Refund issued

Incredible... it took them less than a month.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 8:02 am

I need some guidance please!!
I have flights directly booked with EasyJet for Aug 14th and 17th. which have not yet been cancelled.
We were to travel from the US and take these flights during our stay.
As all of our plans have been cancelled, we want to get Vouchers from EasyJet but for the life of me I am unable to make this happen.
They tell you to go Manage Bookings, but there is no option for a voucher.
I have followed all of the instructions which are completely circular.
It also implies that if I wait until I am within 14 days, the only option is cancel no refund....
Old Jul 15, 2020, 12:38 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by TBD
As a reference point, my flight for 16 June was cancelled on 3 June.
My refund was processed today. 42 days start to finish.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 10:48 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by richmis
I need some guidance please!!
I have flights directly booked with EasyJet for Aug 14th and 17th. which have not yet been cancelled.
We were to travel from the US and take these flights during our stay.
As all of our plans have been cancelled, we want to get Vouchers from EasyJet but for the life of me I am unable to make this happen.
They tell you to go Manage Bookings, but there is no option for a voucher.
I have followed all of the instructions which are completely circular.
It also implies that if I wait until I am within 14 days, the only option is cancel no refund....
You can only get a refund/voucher if your flight is cancelled. At this stage all you'll be able to do is change to an alternative flight in the future.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 3:50 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
I have an EasyJet ticket for flights on 20 Aug, returning on 25 Aug. I was going to the Edinburgh military tattoo, which has been cancelled this year. I booked the flights through EasyJet Worlwide so the flights were purchased as a single ticket with DoHop Connect for connection protection. However, 2 separate tickets were issued along with a separate document for the DoHop Connect. The itinerary is LCA-MXP-EDI/EDI-MXP-LCA. The MXP-LCA flight has been cancelled; none of the other flights have been cancelled. I'd like to get a refund for the entire itinerary, if possible. Is it possible in this situation? I'd rebook for next year, but will not know until December 2020 what dates we can get tickets for the tattoo next year.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Separate tickets means that only the cancelled ticket is due a refund from the carrier. But, DoHop offers a reroute if it can find one. If it can't, then it will refund the unused ticket. Bigger problem is that DoHop defines "force majeure" (and exempts rebook + refund) to include things as minor as "adverse weather." Surely if a thunder cloud is force majeure, then a pandemic qualifies?

Suspect that you will have a protracted fight on your hands (with DoHop) for the segments not cancelled and an easy time with EasyJet as to the cancelled segment.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Anyone else having this problem: EasyJet cancelled my flight and I requested a refund right away. They then sent an email saying it was being processed, to then receive an email saying I am not entitled to a refund because they I requested and they sent me a voucher (Which I didn't request, and they didn't send). Today, about 2 weeks after the emails, I receive a voucher from EasyJet.

I decided to dispute the charge with American Express and hopefully get my money back.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 9:56 am

Easyjet Refunds

Duplicate - Mods please delete.

Last edited by Varig_dc10; Aug 21, 2020 at 10:01 am Reason: Re-posted in existing thread.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 10:02 am

Hi,

In mid July we booked some return flights from Newcastle to Barcelona with Easyjet, departing June 2021. Then on Monday (17th August), Easyjet announced they were dropping the majority of international flights from Newcastle, with effect from 1st September 2020. I think the Nice flight is going to continue operating until October 2020.

When I log onto Manage My Booking on the Easyjet website, there is no indication that the flight is cancelled.

So I rang Easyjet this afternoon and they confirmed that Easyjet will be dropping international flights from Newcastle from 1st September 2020.
But the agent also said that my flight won't be formally cancelled straight away. She said that might not happen until 14 days before the departure date.
I can't request a refund until Easyjet formally cancel my flight. At the moment they are taking up to 30 days to process refunds, so it could be the end of June 2021 before I get my money back.

Have I understood that correctly and are Easyjet actually allowed to do that?

I find it hard to believe that Easyjet did not know in mid July that the Newcastle flights were being axed.
So why did they offer them for sale in the first place?

Regards,
varig_dc10
Old Aug 22, 2020, 6:51 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Probably a case of one hand not talking to the other. Unfortunate, but probably common among many airlines.
Filing flight schedules/fares/etc is really cumbersome. It's entirely possible the process to file June 2021 flights was approved and started a long time ago before the decision to drop these flights.

Regarding easyJet holding your money - I'm sorry, but I'm not too sympathetic here. easyJet has plenty of time to find another route and you should have known that booking a mid-2021 flight right now carries significant risk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.