Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EasyJet refunds

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2020, 7:27 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Plat, UA status-less after 15 years
Originally Posted by LothianLad
Thanks. I'm not too fussed about a refund, I have an alternative destination for that weekend that is currently available and I would just re-book onto that. However, I don't want to do to find that the Berlin flights suddenly appear and actually operate. Probably unlikely but there seems to be no way to find out, unless I message EJ asking to book another seat on the Berlin flight and see what their answer is.....
here;s one of the articles I found citing which routes EZ will fly https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/new...lines-18353696

Not sure it its been updated
Old Jun 7, 2020, 4:24 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by wingnuthead
here;s one of the articles I found citing which routes EZ will fly https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/new...lines-18353696

Not sure it its been updated
Thanks.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by TBD
As a reference point, my flight for 16 June was cancelled on 3 June.
Originally Posted by Shingi
And mine for the 13th June was cancelled on 1st June.
Isn't it one day too late for the airline to avoid EC261 compensation claims (cancellation at least 14 days in advance)? Since more and more countries are opening, cancellations aren't due to extraordinary circumstances anymore.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 10:34 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by andyandyandy
Isn't it one day too late for the airline to avoid EC261 compensation claims (cancellation at least 14 days in advance)? Since more and more countries are opening, cancellations aren't due to extraordinary circumstances anymore.
Of course they are extraordinary circumstances. Do you really think airlines would be cancelling if they had a choice?
Old Jun 9, 2020, 10:36 am

Has anybody yet received a refund when requested via the re-instated refund form? I mean the one that stated something like "We'll try our best to refund in 28 days, but don't contact us until 90 days".
Old Jun 9, 2020, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Of course they are extraordinary circumstances. Do you really think airlines would be cancelling if they had a choice?
Meanwhile I do. E.g. Italy allows international flights from 25th June, however Easyjet's flights to Italy are cancelled up to July 3rd. So every cancelled flight to Italy on or after 25th isn't due to extraordinary circumstances in the sense of EC261.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 11:24 am

Meanwhile I do. E.g. Italy allows international flights from 25th June, however Easyjet's flights to Italy are cancelled up to July 3rd. So every cancelled flight to Italy on or after 25th isn't due to extraordinary circumstances in the sense of EC261.
Good luck in trying to claim then.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 3:50 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
...and I just got a "preparing for your trip" email from easyjet. For a flight easyjet cancelled last week.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 5:44 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Plat, UA status-less after 15 years
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Has anybody yet received a refund when requested via the re-instated refund form? I mean the one that stated something like "We'll try our best to refund in 28 days, but don't contact us until 90 days".
Most of us are still waiting. There may be a handful of people on this thread that have successfully been refunded. Same thing over at trip advisor, no one has really been refunded yet
Old Jun 10, 2020, 10:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Keep in mind that "extraordinary circumstances" are relevant under EU law only to whether airlines owe compensation for delays. Even under "extraordinary circumstances" airlines are required by law to issue refunds for cancellations within 7 days of request.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 10:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by wingnuthead
Most of us are still waiting. There may be a handful of people on this thread that have successfully been refunded. Same thing over at trip advisor, no one has really been refunded yet
Which is why some of us, including me, have recommended disputing the charge with credit card issuers exactly 7 days after communicating the refund request (the deadline under EU law). The alternative is waiting, and waiting, and maybe being a creditor in bankruptcy proceedings.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by dhuey
Keep in mind that "extraordinary circumstances" are relevant under EU law only to whether airlines owe compensation for delays. Even under "extraordinary circumstances" airlines are required by law to issue refunds for cancellations within 7 days of request.
I referred to cancellations, not refunds.

And the extraordinary circumstances rule also applies to cancellations, cp. Art. 5.3 of EC261.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by dhuey
There is normally compensation due if the airline cancels within 14 days of the flight - unless it's due to extraordinary circumstances.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 11:22 am

I've just noticed the message on the refunds page has been changed :-

Please rest assured that we are trying to get everyone’s refund requests processed as quickly as possible. However, our current average processing time means that many customers will likely have to wait for the duration of the summer, and with our backlog continuing to extend, we anticipate new requests taking much longer.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 12:10 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Just getting this email, I already saw my flight is zero’d out (Easyjet shows flight to Rhodes is completely “sold out”). So they’ll probably cancel it and this is their last attempt to convince me to get a voucher rather than a cash refund.

We’re getting in touch regarding your upcoming trip. We really hope to be able to welcome you on board but recognise that government travel restrictions and safety guidelines continue to evolve. As a result, we haven't currently cancelled your flight, but we do understand you might be thinking about whether or not to travel.

Your booking falls within one of our peak periods, so as an offer to help you plan, you can now request a voucher for the full value of your flight and we’ll issue you with an additional £10 credit as a thank you which you can use towards another future booking. Both vouchers will be valid for 12 months giving you plenty of time to plan.
They also write: “This offer is open for you to reply until 16th of June”. Which is two weeks before my flight. And those two weeks before flight is the period they cancel their flights in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.