Search

EasyJet refunds

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2020, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA exec club, Flying Blue, VFC, IHG Rewards, EasyJet Plus
EasyJet refunds

Morning all.

My flights were cancelled last weekend and so I claimed for a refund - this would have been Thursday 19th. Since then I've heard nothing back (apart from a survey asking what I thought of the cancellation service!!) and crucially no refund to my card.

I am sure they are very busy having so many to deal with but surely a week is a reasonable timeframe? Has anyone else managed to get a refund from EZY and how long did it take ?

Cheers
TT
Old Mar 29, 2020, 7:51 am

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM
Assuming you paid via your credit card, request for a chargeback. I submitted a claim via Amex's UK portal and they credited my account within 24 hours. Remember to submit screenshots that prove the flight was cancelled.
travellingtechie likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA exec club, Flying Blue, VFC, IHG Rewards, EasyJet Plus
Thanks but not sure if this is possible in my case as the amount was under £100
Old Mar 29, 2020, 8:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by travellingtechie
Has anyone else managed to get a refund from EZY and how long did it take ?
Afternoon - I did. My flight was due to be Wednesday 25th, but was cancelled last Sunday night. The website or app don't support requesting a full refund, so I called the call centre on Monday morning - dialled at 8am ready for them opening, and a mere 95 minutes later was connected. Full refund confirmed, and money was back onto my credit card by Thursday. Given everything else going on I'm really pleased with that.

Good luck!
dhuey, Often1 and travellingtechie like this.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by travellingtechie
Thanks but not sure if this is possible in my case as the amount was under £100
The £100 minimum is for a Section 75 claim. You'll be doing a chargeback which does not have this limit.
travellingtechie likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 3:50 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Yes..I have even managed to get a £9.99 chargeback via Amex after flybe collapsed..

For those confused about chargeback.and section 75 this is a very good article.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sh...rd-chargeback/

I had 4 tickets on easyjet for the next 10 days and easyjet were refusing refunds.

So did a dispute via AMEX . Got my charges reversed for all 4 tickets and now my Amex balance statement is negative
farci and travellingtechie like this.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 3:55 am

Easyjet had not sent me a email saying that they had cancelled some of my flights. This might be required by some card providers buy not Amex.

At least for me it looks as they only sent the cancellation email for the flights I had checked into.

So I checked into the flights ( was not officially cancelled as per easyjet app) and I then got a cancellation email.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 6:41 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Has anybody tried requesting a refund via Flight Club? If so, how easy was it to get through?

My flight hasn't been cancelled as yet - and I can't check-in for a couple of days.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 10:38 am

My flight for April 5th from LGW to GIB is canceled. I called EasyJet several times and tried to Chat to get a cash refund- no success. I am in the US and EasyJet has 8 to 5 pm customer service hours and very difficult to get in touch with them with the time difference.

If I do not get through to them before my flight, what are my options? Let go of my money or settle for a voucher?
Old Mar 30, 2020, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by RTW00
My flight for April 5th from LGW to GIB is canceled. I called EasyJet several times and tried to Chat to get a cash refund- no success. I am in the US and EasyJet has 8 to 5 pm customer service hours and very difficult to get in touch with them with the time difference.

If I do not get through to them before my flight, what are my options? Let go of my money or settle for a voucher?

How did you book. If you have booked directly with easyjet then try to dispute the transaction wuth uour card provider.

If they have cancelled the flight ( in fact they have grounded all aircraft) you do not have to worry about the flight date .

Try to get a refund if you can.

​​ca
Old Mar 30, 2020, 10:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
We've got a one-way flight from Paris to Catania on 24 April, which is not cancelled yet. This route has been cancelled for weeks, but starting on 16 April through 30 April, they show the flights as still going. Funny thing is, all of these April flights are "sold out". No way are they sold out. Seems to me they are just buying a little more time, hoping people voluntarily cancel or reschedule before EasyJet cancels. That way there is no refund obligation.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 10:53 am

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it was through EasyJet website.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
How did you book. If you have booked directly with easyjet then try to dispute the transaction wuth uour card provider.

If they have cancelled the flight ( in fact they have grounded all aircraft) you do not have to worry about the flight date .

Try to get a refund if you can.

​​ca
Thanks for the reply. Yes, it was through EasyJet website.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by dhuey
We've got a one-way flight from Paris to Catania on 24 April, which is not cancelled yet. This route has been cancelled for weeks, but starting on 16 April through 30 April, they show the flights as still going. Funny thing is, all of these April flights are "sold out". No way are they sold out. Seems to me they are just buying a little more time, hoping people voluntarily cancel or reschedule before EasyJet cancels. That way there is no refund obligation.

Try to check in and see what happens. I had a few flights in mid April which had exactly the same issue .

I was able to check in but got the cancellation email in a hour or so.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
So basically it's either trying to get through to CS or chargeback via CC. Really customer friendly way of not having an online refund option. EU261 still applies in the UK so they cannot refuse full refund for flights they cancel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.