Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EasyJet refunds

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2020, 12:22 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by EuroFlash
They also write: “This offer is open for you to reply until 16th of June”. Which is two weeks before my flight. And those two weeks before flight is the period they cancel their flights in
OK... now we are getting into the realms of EC261. If Easyjet are putting the pressure on and saying the flight is going ahead, then I think you'd have a good EC261 claim if they then cancel < 14 days before the flight.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 12:48 pm

Programs: BAEC
Just getting this email, I already saw my flight is zero’d out (Easyjet shows flight to Rhodes is completely “sold out”). So they’ll probably cancel it and this is their last attempt to convince me to get a voucher rather than a cash refund.

They also write: “This offer is open for you to reply until 16th of June”. Which is two weeks before my flight. And those two weeks before flight is the period they cancel their flights in
My Edi-Berlin flight in August is showing as "no flights", there aren't any until September, but my flight hasn't been cancelled. This is the response I received when asking whether it will run or not (very unlikely IMO)

"Hi there, I am sorry for the late response. It isn’t necessarily cancelled. A flight marked ‘sold out’ may be full. We will also mark a flight ‘sold out’ to prevent further passengers booking on to flights when necessary. As we continually review and build the schedule, the status of the flight could change. Once our team has any info on your flight, you will be notified by email or SMS on any disruptions and how to manage this. You can also check our flight tracker for the latest updates on the status of your flight - https://easyjet.com/en/flight-tracker. - Emily"

I'd rather know now if its going to run so I can make alternative arrangements, than wait until late July. Flight is early August.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 1:27 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by LothianLad
My Edi-Berlin flight in August is showing as "no flights", there aren't any until September, but my flight hasn't been cancelled. This is the response I received when asking whether it will run or not (very unlikely IMO)

"Hi there, I am sorry for the late response. It isn’t necessarily cancelled. A flight marked ‘sold out’ may be full. We will also mark a flight ‘sold out’ to prevent further passengers booking on to flights when necessary. As we continually review and build the schedule, the status of the flight could change. Once our team has any info on your flight, you will be notified by email or SMS on any disruptions and how to manage this. You can also check our flight tracker for the latest updates on the status of your flight - https://easyjet.com/en/flight-tracker. - Emily"

I'd rather know now if its going to run so I can make alternative arrangements, than wait until late July. Flight is early August.
You can be pretty sure this will get cancelled. Unfortunately dont have high hopes they’ll cancel earlier than +/- 2 weeks before departure
Old Jun 10, 2020, 1:54 pm

Just getting this email, I already saw my flight is zero’d out (Easyjet shows flight to Rhodes is completely “sold out”). So they’ll probably cancel it and this is their last attempt to convince me to get a voucher rather than a cash refund.

I've just got the same but my flight is next Saturday, so it's not necessarily sent 2 weeks before flight. I've also got an email 29th May offering free rebooking on any day, any route, offer valid till 14th June.

What a weird reason: "Your booking falls within one of our peak periods, so you can request a voucher". Are they afraid of overbooking??
Old Jun 10, 2020, 1:59 pm

Just looked into my Easyjet account to see that my flight on the 27th is tagged as cancelled, that is 17 days in advance. Happened today. No e-mail notification yet.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 3:27 pm

Programs: BAEC
You can be pretty sure this will get cancelled. Unfortunately dont have high hopes they’ll cancel earlier than +/- 2 weeks before departure
That's my opinion, it's just a question of when I decide the change the flight, I can't wait until 2 weeks beforehand.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 5:41 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Plat, UA status-less after 15 years
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I've just noticed the message on the refunds page has been changed :-
Please rest assured that we are trying to get everyone’s refund requests processed as quickly as possible. However, our current average processing time means that many customers will likely have to wait for the duration of the summer, and with our backlog continuing to extend, we anticipate new requests taking much longer.
YIKES! I just went and looked after you posted that. Gonna contact Chase now. I can deal with waiting a month, but not 4 months. I know EZ is having a lousy time of it, but I have 16 tickets worth of refunds waiting.....
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:45 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
My email confirmation (following request for refund) says "try" within 28 days. So, that's my target.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 8:36 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by TBD
My email confirmation (following request for refund) says "try" within 28 days. So, that's my target.
I've yet to hear anybody who has received a refund within 28 days. Mine is about 40 days and counting...
Old Jun 11, 2020, 12:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Remember that easyJet said not to bother them until 90 days after they try and fail to refund your money. Please folks — they’re really busy. Don’t be a pest.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 2:35 am

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Just received yesterday my vouchers after 48 days from the request. I can imagine for a refund how they are would be in hurry to complete the process...
Old Jun 12, 2020, 3:45 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by LothianLad
That's my opinion, it's just a question of when I decide the change the flight, I can't wait until 2 weeks beforehand.
I had a trip to Greece booked with a hotel that could only be cancelled for free, up until a month before arrival.

Obviously Easyjet doesn't cancel their flights a month before departure. So I decided for myself to check Easyjet's flight schedule on a daily basis with dummy bookings. Then suddenly a few days ago I found out they zero'd out the route, not selling any tickets for the first half of July. So that was enough for me to take a risk to cancel the hotel and wait for Easyjet to cancel the (2x 192 euro) flights.

The flights still have not been officially cancelled, but pretty sure it will happen eventually.

If this wouldn't have happened i would have cancelled the hotel 1 day before the cancellation deadline and rescheduled my Easyjet flight at that time. Would've been too much of a risk to lose the 2x 192 euro in that case. This might help you a bit deciding what to you yourself in your situation.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 11:35 am

Programs: UA 1K / MM
I just got my cancellation email for June 28 (and June 24 earlier this week). I have submitted my refund request but no way am I waiting all summer for a refund ($450). I have previously charged back a different set of flights with a travel agent and will do the same with Easyjet on June 25.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 10:20 am

Flights were cancelled late March, for April flights, claim for refunds submitted April 8th. Nothing since then. This week I DM'd them on twitter, and tweeted @ them a few times for help. Refund hit my credit card yesterday.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 11:14 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott

Same for me: July from London to Prague.. I think I might take my chances for a cancellation. The voucher is for a year. We're likely to take the same flight a year from now, but I can't find if the voucher has to be used in a year or if the flight has to be completed within a year of issue. If the flight has to be completed within the year after date of issue, then we'd have to wait for the cancellation as we can't travel in June of next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.